Lightning Bolt Cast Time

Has anyone noticed a change in their LB cast time? I thought it was a shorter cast time, but it feels like they haven't made it baseline yet

Thanks.

Lightning Bolt should have the same cast time as Lava Burst and Elemental blast now

Quote Originally Posted by ala08 View Post
    Has anyone noticed a change in their LB cast time? I thought it was a shorter cast time, but it feels like they haven't made it baseline yet

Thanks.
    My lightning bolt cast time is faster because I was running with unleash glyph first. They have made this glyph baseline so now lb got the same cast time as lets say lb.

Quote Originally Posted by Ridethelight View Post
    My lightning bolt cast time is faster because I was running with unleash glyph first. They have made this glyph baseline so now lb got the same cast time as lets say lb.
    Same. I always ran glyph but they were to remove the 5% penalty so technically it should've been a quicker cast?

The 5% penalty on LB now is out and LB cast time now is the same for all spells (LB,LvB,EB)

Quote Originally Posted by ala08 View Post
    Same. I always ran glyph but they were to remove the 5% penalty so technically it should've been a quicker cast?
    There's no technically about it. If you were running the Unleashed Lightning glyph, you were receiving a 5% haste penalty to LB. Now you're not.

I think you're overestimating how much that cast time penalty was. If, for example, your lightning bolt cast was 1.65sec, the glyph brought it 1.73 sec. That's only a 0.08 second difference. Hardly anything. It IS a faster cast now, but not by much.

Quote Originally Posted by Namana View Post
    I think you're overestimating how much that cast time penalty was. If, for example, your lightning bolt cast was 1.65sec, the glyph brought it 1.73 sec. That's only a 0.08 second difference. Hardly anything. It IS a faster cast now, but not by much.
    Those .08 seconds add up quickly though

Quote Originally Posted by Gendori View Post
    Those .08 seconds add up quickly though
    I don't disagree. I'm just saying that if the OP was expecting a big change in cast time, the actual difference is rather small and might account for them not noticing

Actually, I've noticed the opposite. With my lowbie Elemental Shaman I have a 1.93 cast time, but it's taking almost 2.5 seconds to cast. Damage seems the same, but with whatever patch loaded this morning, Shamanism no longer seems to be lowering cast time by 0.5 seconds.

10+ Year Old Account
    It does, because original cast time is 2.5sec, take off ALL your haste gear and see your cast time.

Quote Originally Posted by Siddown View Post
    Actually, I've noticed the opposite. With my lowbie Elemental Shaman I have a 1.93 cast time, but it's taking almost 2.5 seconds to cast. Damage seems the same, but with whatever patch loaded this morning, Shamanism no longer seems to be lowering cast time by 0.5 seconds.
    Completely naked - Lightning Bolt cast time is 1.89 seconds. (Goblin, Ele Spec)
    Completely geared - Lightning Bolt cast time is 1.40 seconds. (Golbin, Ele Spec)

No patches to download (US). Shamanism working fine. There is a post on Blizzards shaman forums suggesting Shamanism isnt working after patching today. Is this a EU thing?

On eu it works fine . after patch i swiched to full haste and my lb was 1.4 sec cast

The cast time in the tooltip says 1.98 but it just felt really, really slow compared to yesterday (leveling from about 15 - 25 which meant a lot of LB spam). So timed it with a stopwatch on my phone (hardly scientific) and it was 2.5 seconds. So I just took a few videos and loaded them up in an editor and it's about 2.2 or 2.3 seconds per cast, which doesn't make much sense at all.

I guess it could be lag? I think I'll test it out again next week and see how it is since I'll be away for the long weekend anyway.

Deleted
    I don't know your skills with a stopwatch, but I also just stopped using my phone and "measured" a cast time of 1.67 while the tooltip says 1.65 - nothing to see here mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Xentres View Post
    I don't know your skills with a stopwatch, but I also just stopped using my phone and "measured" a cast time of 1.67 while the tooltip says 1.65 - nothing to see here mate.
    I guess you missed the second part where I took a video and timed it in the video editor at 2.2 to 2.3 seconds per cast? I don't have time to test it more over the weekend, so I'll try it on Tuesday but for my toon it's noticeably slower.

Well, like in most casts the simplest solution is the right solution. I had only played my Resto Druid and my Shaman since the patch, and with all the instant casts with my Resto, I guess I just didn't really notice that the latency post patch has been horrible. Testing with Quartz on a bunch of level 1s, it seems every cast time is ridiculously slow due to latency. Just need to figure out why the latency is so bad all of a sudden, which probably isn't a WoW issue since apparently nobody else is experiencing it post-patch.

EDIT: Actually, I take it back. Others are having similar issues.
    Last edited by Siddown; 2013-05-28 at 02:02 PM.