In my douche canoe crossing the Delaware.

Did Flex help your guild, like you thought it would?

When Flex was first announced, I remember there was a lot of excitement from guilds who were stuck somewhere between LFR and Normal, frequently plagued with attendance and real life issues, who thought this was the answer to their prayers. Then the idea that it wouldn't scale under 10 burned some people's biscuits but many of them were still excited.
    So if you were apart of one of those guilds, was Flex the answer you were looking for? Personally its just a way to Pug something for a piece of gear I might be missing... (Haromms Tailsman.) My old guild who has sadly begun to see its last members log in less and less were no longer running it within 2 months or so of Wing 4 being released.

Once again this isn't really about individual players as it was guilds who were thinking it was the answer to their problems, and how successful it was in that manner.
    My Pokémon Friend Code 1392-6338-6342 (feel free to add and pm I will get back to you within a day normally.)
    Dark Type
    Inkay (Becomes Malamar Dark/Psychic)
    Vullaby (Becomes stall buzzard Mandihawk Dark/Flying)
    Crawdaunt.... booo

Bloodsail Admiral Tsundere Pejo's Avatar
    For the current expansion, it fit very well. My guild has 4 groups that raid through normal/heroic but have plenty of others that were interested but not geared/skilled enouhh for those higher difficulties. Flex allowed us to put together groups that allowed to join us for fun nights of raids. I thought it was well enouhh tuned (actually believe SoO in General is, minus perhaps some heroic content) that it was still a challenge without it being impossible with them. With the flex nature of it, it allowed us to invite whoever and they could leave whenever without being a detriment to the group. I do wish there were more needs for tanks though, being capped at 2 sucks.

For WoD, I believe the flexible nature for the Heroic mode will be really nice, allowing us to use those extra dps instead of having them sit. We'll still have to run multiple due to too many tanks, but it'll be much better.

My guild isn't stuck between LFR and Normal (8/14h atm), but Flex was great for us. Fun times on offnights, several of us have the meta achieve mount (with more working on it), and early in progress it helped us fill in set bonuses and trinket slots. And I know it's been awesome for other guilds I know who are in that "not quite fully clearing normal" crowd. Seen too many of those guild fall apart, and now they have something directly aimed at their preferred playstyle - which (yes, along with LFR) helps justify the larger raid tiers

Love it.

Our guild was supposed to start out as 10 members.
    Then more people flooded in.
    Flex was a perfect way to bring everyone to raid and do some catch up, as the lot of us hadn't raided at all, or in a long time.

Can't wait till normal and heroic become flexible...

Quote Originally Posted by theostrichsays View Post
    When Flex was first announced, I remember there was a lot of excitement from guilds who were stuck somewhere between LFR and Normal, frequently plagued with attendance and real life issues, who thought this was the answer to their prayers. Then the idea that it wouldn't scale under 10 burned some people's biscuits but many of them were still excited.
    So if you were apart of one of those guilds, was Flex the answer you were looking for? Personally its just a way to Pug something for a piece of gear I might be missing... (Haromms Tailsman.) My old guild who has sadly begun to see its last members log in less and less were no longer running it within 2 months or so of Wing 4 being released.

Once again this isn't really about individual players as it was guilds who were thinking it was the answer to their problems, and how successful it was in that manner.
    I wish that it was all across the board including mythic. Getting people to log in right now is almost impossible. You need to recruit steadily throughout the tier, then when new content arrives, everyone and their brother that's ever raided shows up for raid night wanting a spot. A month goes by, people stop showing again. It's funny how nobody has to pick up their aunt at the airport when content is new. It only happens when content gets old. Pretty crazy. But anyway, Flex is a great way to counter attendance issues. So I'm glad that heroic will at least be flexed.

It would have been perfect if it had arrived at the start of the expansion, rather than Siege.

The guild I had raided with for seven years slowly trickled away its last members during this expansion until we could no longer field 10, and they didn't connect our realm until last month so we couldn't find recruits. I'm holding out hope people will return for the next expansion, but the odds look grim.
    Help control the population. Have your blood elf spayed or neutered.

Coming from a 14/14 heroic 25 man guild (on a casual schedule) I was very looking forward to Flex to gear alts and somewhere to do achievements because theres always a small group in main raids that doesn't want to wipe a few times for some of them which is fair enoguh so we finally got the chance to go into a seperate lockout and easier lockout might I add to rock out some achievements and get my mount the first week it was available.

The best part of the whole idea was the fact its flexible, I don't mind running normal on alts and that sort of thing but some times its hard and we always lack 1-2 dps or a healer when its guildies only. So it was nice to able to say lets go 9 man or we've got a few extra dps so lets just take them along. No ones left out which is fantastic.
    I'm even more so happy that in the upcoming expansion the tech from Flex mode is being using on normal too.

Also with a new expansion on the horizon and having Flex/normal available straight away (After a week I think?) is a great chance to get some more gear than you normally would.

Over all I'd say Flex has been a nice addition to the game and was exactly what I thought It'd be and what I'd expected it to be. If anything I'd say its been one of the better big feautures of Mists.