High haste value vs GCD

Hello,

While checking top elemental shaman (from top guilds obv.) i realized that all of them are over 8.5k haste while wearing the legedary metagem. It is clear that with the increased cast time of LB we end up without having 0.8 s casts (under GCD) during Heroism. I just got my metagem and realized that with 6k haste (armory) i already get Lightning bolts of 1 sec. when gem procs . With 8-9k haste im sure that with gem proc i will be under GCD even with Lightningbolt. Why forge haste then? why not go mastery ? or crit?

Deleted
    I currently have 9639 haste, and got LB's of 1.55 Seconds without the gem proccing. I myself am thinking of whether to stack more mastery, or not. (41% Mastery)

Deleted
    Consider that you are under Bloodlust effect like 15% of fight.

Just tested it now; during Hero with trinket hasteprocc my LB had 0.9 sec cast time and my Lighningbolt 0.9.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deemaxm View Post
    Just tested it now; during Hero with trinket hasteprocc my LB had 0.9 sec cast time and my Lighningbolt 0.9.
    Yes, because of the change to LvB, LvB and LB have the same cast time now. Which is neat.

I decided to stack the heck out of haste, ( 515 item level) and I'm sitting around 30% with about 45% mastery. It feels about right as long as the Meta gem is rolling good, but if it hits a weak patch its like casting in mud. The .9 seconds during Hero doesn't really bother me because I figure by the time you add in latency and reaction time its a wash.

Edit: I'll also add that I've been very unlucky with Tier and only have the two piece.
    Last edited by Armourboy; 2013-05-23 at 08:26 PM.

So somehow going till 0.8 sec casts isn't such a big loss ? that's why people still forge haste even till 9k? Considering the real value of GCD is not reached with a 0.8 cast (display on castbar) ?

It isn't a big loss. Aside from Heroic Jin'Rokh and Dark Animus, you spend around 10% of fights (usually less) under Lust/Hero. That haste is still going to be really good for the other 90%+. Also even during Lust/Hero, that extra haste will also work toward getting you more RPPM procs.

Deleted
    Don't forget the elemental 4-set.
    Each Lava Burst cast lowers the cd of Ascendance by 1 sec. More haste = flame shock ticks = more potential Lava Surge Procs and with the increased dmg of Lava burst, on top of the increased casting time, makes extensive amounts of haste, that might also take lava burst casting time below 1 sec, to be well worth it.
    P.S This is just a theory, I haven't ran any numbers or simulations.

In my opinion, the 4 set is really horrible, I have always hated set bonuses that reduce the cooldown of your DPS CDs, it screws up lining up with on-use trinkets and whatever.

4 set will cause Trolls to not have their racial not line up anymore

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    In my opinion, the 4 set is really horrible, I have always hated set bonuses that reduce the cooldown of your DPS CDs, it screws up lining up with on-use trinkets and whatever.

4 set will cause Trolls to not have their racial not line up anymore
    How you want to line anything with RPPM trinkets?

Anyway the 4set is always upgrade, even if you cant line up with Troll racial. Its definately not horrible, in fact its pretty cool especially on fights where Ascendance is golden (Durumu walls says hello).

Or doing things like popping it early to kill fluids on H.Primordius at the start, so you get mutated faster & still get to use it once per mutate.

Each Lava Burst cast lowers the cd of Ascendance by 1 sec. More haste = flame shock ticks = more potential Lava Surge Procs and with the increased dmg of Lava burst, on top of the increased casting time, makes extensive amounts of haste, that might also take lava burst casting time below 1 sec, to be well worth it.
    P.S This is just a theory, I haven't ran any numbers or simulations.
    Playing a bit with simC this patch with extremely high value of haste (13k5 haste, 9k5 mastery (6k5 "unbuff") 4k5 crit), at this point mastery is better than haste at lowering ascendance cooldown (approx. twice as good : 2000 mastery lowered average cooldown by ~2sec, 2000haste by ~1sec), but _in my case_ haste still seemed to give a higher statweight to haste than to mastery or int/2.

I tried reforging/regemming haste (to go to the aforementioned 13k5 haste), and it doesn't seem that "weird" (it was casting lvb at 1.6sec that seemed weird at the beginning of 5.3 actually...). Also haste give you more rppm procs. Can't comment much on live data as I nearly didn't play with a "int/mastery" build at 5.3. So I noticed a significant increase from "before 5.3 with mastery/int" to "after 5.3 with haste", but I guess it's more due to 5.3 (and gear upgrade) than the int/mastery>haste modification.
    Last edited by Bethan; 2013-05-28 at 08:16 AM.

Unless that never made it live or was reverted at some later point, 4 set bonus should make each Lava Burst reduce Ascendance cooldown by 1.5 seconds, not 1 (it was a last minute change before 5.2 hit)

i have 13500 haste.... =D