Glyphs in 5.3 (Disc)

What will be your glyphs in 5.3? Is it worth to keep smite just for the damage!?
    Its only one glyph thats a nobrainer and thats Glyph of Penance imo...

Thoughts?

Depends of the fight, but I'm running Penance, Weakened Soul and Holy Fire.

Inner Sanctum and Fade are the ones I'll alternate with based on fight.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

Deleted
    Penance, Binding Heal and Inner Sanctum here. Penance because tsoo awesome, binding is situational good for emergency triage and inner sanctum - since most encounters have some heavy aoe dmg phase.

I resent the fact that they keep holy fire/smite on a weird 30 yards range, but I got used to it and 10 yards extra doesn't seem to matter in any encounter I did so far. If I would be in a situation where I'm running out of range, I'd use penance as soon as in the 40 y, and by the time that's done channeling, chances are I'll be at 30 yards for HF.

Weakened soul is irrelevant for me, in a 25 man raiding environment there's always a target to shield and the tank doesnt need higher uptime of shields anyway.

Penance, Weakened Soul and Holy Fire for me.

Penance is obvious.

WS and HF I find useful on a few fights, and I'm too lazy to swap in Inner Sanctum or Smite when I don't need them. WS is nice in general in a 10 man, fairly useful on a fight like Animus. PW:S is a really good heal. HF is because it's just nice to have all your offensive spells 40 yards. It's useful on Maegara and Lei Shen with our strats.

Never really considered binding gylph. It looks like it could be useful in some situations, but when do you use it instead of atonement?
    Last edited by Dorfie; 2013-05-23 at 06:04 PM.

Penance, Holy Fire and Inner Sanctum

Really, penance feels like the only mandatory glyph currently. HF is just convenient and the last one is entirely up to you

Smite glyph is still a valid choice post-nerf.

Virtue* Discipline Priest
    <Topped Off> 13/13H recruiting all classes!

Smite glyph is good (more so for 10mans) if you need the extra dps. Why i still run it alot :P

Glyphes that i should get used to: Inner sanctum, Fade and Binding heal. Since im rather new and never got used to binding heal it wont do me much good untill i leanr to use it though :P Inner sanctum gives a nice passive.

Penance, BH, WS/IS (10 man)

10+ Year Old Account
    I noticed some mention of the Fade glyph. Is this actually good for anything at all? I can't think of a single situation where 10% damage reduction would be a better use of a global cooldown than other defensive abilities we can already use without spending a glyph slot.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well if you're on the move and things are on CD using a GCD with the fade glyph isn't an awful waste of your time.

I use the glyph and the snare/root removal talent on heroic council, it also helps for frost bite.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by espoire View Post
    I noticed some mention of the Fade glyph. Is this actually good for anything at all? I can't think of a single situation where 10% damage reduction would be a better use of a global cooldown than other defensive abilities we can already use without spending a glyph slot.
    Fade is off the gcd. You're trading 10500 mana for 10% dr. For a mechanic such as dire call that is physical but not reduced by armor this is a nice defensive choice. Or if there is really nothing better to glyph you can take it along with Inner Sanctum/Inner Fire glyphs for additional dr.

Quote Originally Posted by espoire View Post
    I took fade glyph into consideration at lei shen, just because of the rng element of the intermission and when was quite low on gear.

Penance is pretty much automatic, Weakened soul is nice if like me you rarely put direct heals on the tank. My third glyph is now Binding Heal, because right now my AoE HPS is kinda bad even though I've got mana to spare. This gives me a high HPS option I can burn mana on.

It also isn't affected by spirit shell so I can spirit shell as well as top people without having to cancel the aura.

Deleted
    Binding heal is really useful in 25mans. When you are injured you should automatically BH. It represents between 1-3% extra HPS, which is fairly huge for a glyph slot. Not sure if it is useful in 10mans given the limited number of targets. Glyph of smite was ok in 25mans before, but not it is absolutely useless. The boost is damage is so small that the chances it will help with enrage timers is remote.

Valid glyphs IMO are now:

Penance (always on)

BH (on almost always)

Inner Sanctum, Weakened soul (depending on encounter)

Fade (very situational)

BH and penance are the only glyphs that represent HPS increases (Being able to cast penance on the move reduces loss of penance casts and increases your mobile HPS), both at a relatively minor mana cost.

Deleted
    10 men:
    Inner sanctum - always. Could drop this on some fights but it works for most or all fights, has saved me lot of times.
    Binding heal - always, gives more hps than Prayer of healing when needed
    Fade/Smite/Penance - Usually Smite but maybe should start to use Penance now. Not that its needed as there is enough other instant cast heals to use for movement but guess its nice quality of life update.

Deleted
    Is Prayer of Mending waste of a glyph spot then? Didn't see anyone mention it. For some reason I've always used it.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ekh View Post
    Is Prayer of Mending waste of a glyph spot then? Didn't see anyone mention it. For some reason I've always used it.
    It reduces the overall healing that PoM does, even more so with 2p t15. Even glyphed the first charge is not all that strong of a directed heal.

What about glyphs for DPS Disc priest?

penance
    inner sanctum/will
    smite
    holy fire(raden)

not a big fan of other glyphs like weaken soul and binding heal
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!