15+ Year Old Account

Current status of Calia Menethil?

I'm trying to start an RP about Calia Menethil but I can't seem to find any solid evidence of her whereabouts. is she alive? has anyone at Blizzard mentioned her fate?

To be honest, I don't think there's any evidence that she's even a cannonical character.

Given the amount of time that's passed with not a shred of lore about her I think it's probably safe to assume she doesn't exist.
    Last edited by Netherspark; 2013-05-23 at 06:48 PM.

Nobody knows. It was commonly believed, but not proven or disproven, that she might've been living under the name and position of Calia Hastings, a rogue trainer on Theramore Isle, as a means to distance herself from her brother's infamy... but even that is now uncertain, as it is unknown if she survived Garrosh's bombing of the city.

---------- Post added 2013-05-23 at 06:47 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    To be honest, I don't think there's any evidence that she's even a cannonical character.
    She's canon. She appears in the Day of the Dragon novel.
    "Let's see. There are monkeys that evolved into men and monkeys that didn't. Just as well, there are men that remained men and men that evolved into something else. Do you really think humans are the ultimate form of evolution? How arrogant."
    --Kakurine, Evil Zone for PS1

15+ Year Old Account
    She is mentioned in lore. and in the Rise of the Lich King book.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
    I guess she's frozen in a shelf somewhere to be dust off for some future dramatic storyline later.
    I hope she is brought back as a main story character for a future Alliance invasion of the northren kingdoms (her claim to the northern kingdoms is legit.)

the Menethil bloodline is too awesome to just die off. :|

10+ Year Old Account
    Here's your evidence: she is mentioned in game, you can fish a Princess Calia Menethil's Copper Coin out of the Dalaran fountain.

She's playing cards with Alleria and Turalyon.

Nah, jokes asside, she is in Lore of course (as Mentioned her coin in the Dalaran foutain, her mentioning the the Lich King book and her Mentioning in the Day of the Dragon, the later two are a few years apart in publishing and have a different author so I would believe she is canon) but her whereabouts are unknown. I think she was even mentioned in a Ask the Devs FAQ with those other two and was still held up to be a future Lore and Story character. But as of now we know not if she is alive or where she is. So her current status is MIA.

and the Edit with the quote:

Ask the CDevs from 2011:

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Q: Where is X? (X = Calia Menethil, Turalyon, Alleria Windrunner, Med'an, Gallywix, etc.)

A: There are several "missing" characters in the Warcraft universe, but they are not forgotten! While we'd love to talk about these characters, doing so would spoil a number of the plots we have for Cataclysm and beyond. Believe us when we say that you will definitely hear about these characters when we're ready to talk about them!
    Last edited by Khorianas; 2013-05-29 at 08:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Achren View Post
    She might be imprisoned beneath the Undercity, chilling with Koltira.

Taken directly from her page on wowpedia:
    The release of the RPG Horde Player's Guide may have shed some new light on this story. In one of many short stories, a paladin by the name of Andarin tries to infiltrate the Undercity to free prisoners. To his shame, he is quickly discovered by a fallen priest named Trevor. The undead makes him 'an offer he can't refuse': in turn for helping Andarin, Andarin must help Trevor free some of the Argent Dawn's prisoners. The paladin ponders the situation but finally agrees, together they descend into the city. After having fought some guards and abominations, the strange duo decides fighting the prison guards will not work and comes up with a plan: Andarin will distract the guards, and Trevor will free the prisoners. Knowing that he has no other choice, the paladin agrees. Trevor quickly manages to get a hold of a keyring and opens the door of a cell in which a girl was locked up. The girl recognizes the Forsaken and is shocked, but Trevor simply bows, saying "Good evening, my princess."
    From what I could find the Horde players Guide was realeased in 2006, So the information is most likely outdated, also the RPG souce books are not Canon.
    But never the less, interesting to know that some writers at Blizzard developed something in that direction.

Traditional storytelling dictates that if a character isn't confirmed dead, he/she is still alive. As such, I do believe Calia is out there, somewhere.

just recently on mmo forums a post with supposedly leaked info regarding wow's next xpac actually mentions her a fair bit and puts her alive and well in gilneas fighting alongside the gilneans resistance corps to take gilneas back from the forsaken and any other threats they are currently facing but again it is not confirmed leaked info but my advice wait till blizzcon and we may get lucky and have some light shed on this
    Soon i shall awaken, soon i will be unleashed, soon our prophet will do what he know's he must and let me loose upon those who would dare call themselves my people's enemy's................my rise will bring fear to the heart of many the vengence of the draenei is coming those from draenor and beyond have not forgotten and we will show no mercy DEATH TO THE HORDE!!!!

I thinks she is one of blizzards hooks (a la, the thing under undercity) that they have purposefully kept vague so when the time is right she can appear.

For all we know, she could have been killed, rezzed, then when Sylvannas goes bonkers come out of nowhere to lead her fallen people.
    Or she could appear alive with the Allaince to help fuel a march into Lordearon, or Northrend 2.0. Or whatever.

She is MIA, we know she will probably reappear sometime, dead or alive, but when is anyone's call.

Deleted
    It's a pretty safe bet that she is not dead, and that she is either already part of future storylines already outlined, or at the very least placed in a box at Blizz HQ labelled "Stuff we're not sure exactly how to use yet, but which we are certain to use at some future point, because we are always in dire need of storylines and characters with a strong connection to existing lore".

If she was Calia Hastings, a wild guess would be that we will meet her the day we land on on Kul'Thiras, by far the largest "black hole" on Azeroth, especially since it is also a human stronghold with obvious connections to Theramore.

Another wild guess is that she will feature prominently the day when we are ready to revisit Northrend, discover what has happened to Bolvar the Lich King (safe bet: No more mr Nice Guy) and also she may have a big role when and if there is political upheaval amongst the Forsaken, say if Sylvanas goes ballistic.

I think Calia has exceptional potential as a future main character.