10+ Year Old Account

Sylvanas and Garrosh.

Alright, so I was doing the Dagger in the Dark scenario, and I noticed Rak'Gor said, "Yes! The power to shape flesh, to build warriors. This is what the Warchief wants!" I'm not certain if this is just Rak'Gor not thinking things over, or this IS what Garrosh wants, but if it's the second one, why would he? Why I'm asking this is because, in the Silverpine Questline for Undead, Sylvanas is practically doing the same thing, and Garrosh is pretty pissed ("Shut your mouth, Bitch." is still my fav thing about Cata ^_^) at Sylvanas for doing so. So, this can either mean Garrosh is a Hypocrite, or Garrosh is having another MPD (Multiple Personality Disorder) attack. I haven't played much into the Horde storyline, so I don't know much, but I do know that this better be a plot point in 5.3 or later on, because this is a very interesting point. At least to me.
    Isn't it fitting WoW really took a nosedive after 'the Cataclysm'?

Garrosh has never really had multiple personalities... but if I were to put my opinion to paper its because he doesn't trust Sylvanas. He wants his own army. Plus, the dark magic's probably preferable to raising corpses from death, since you're either transforming willing subjects or creating sapient life from beasts. Not to mention there's just a very large stigma against necromancy after the whole Scourge debacle.

10+ Year Old Account
    The power he is referring to and the power they are trying to steal is completely different from necromancy, which Sylvanas employs. The Quillen and the Saurok were created by the Mogu using the powers of the Vale. That is the power Garrosh was/is trying to use.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nekrotix View Post
    Alright, so I was doing the Dagger in the Dark scenario, and I noticed Rak'Gor said, "Yes! The power to shape flesh, to build warriors. This is what the Warchief wants!" I'm not certain if this is just Rak'Gor not thinking things over, or this IS what Garrosh wants, but if it's the second one, why would he? Why I'm asking this is because, in the Silverpine Questline for Undead, Sylvanas is practically doing the same thing, and Garrosh is pretty pissed ("Shut your mouth, Bitch." is still my fav thing about Cata ^_^) at Sylvanas for doing so. So, this can either mean Garrosh is a Hypocrite, or Garrosh is having another MPD (Multiple Personality Disorder) attack. I haven't played much into the Horde storyline, so I don't know much, but I do know that this better be a plot point in 5.3 or later on, because this is a very interesting point. At least to me.

If I had to guess, I'd say it's because Garrosh himself did not control that power while Sylvanas did. It enrages him not to be in control, and with Sylvanas he has little at best. If he'd come up with it first, I'm sure he would of done it. Garrosh is just a bad egg.

Necromancy vs Mogu Flesh-shaping (http://www.wowpedia.org/Mogu#Magic)

Different things. One creates life from death, the other changes life into something different (think genetic modifications). Garrosh is super big on honor, so raising fallen soldiers would obviously irk him.

Any issues with honor surrounding flesh-shaping can simply be explained by a different point of view, not hypocrisy. Garrosh may simply view it as a tool for victory to be used. Would Garrosh be a hypocrite for giving his soldiers enchanted weapons, or better armor?
    Last edited by Larynx; 2013-05-21 at 06:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I find it hard to believe that the guy who threw his own general off a cliff for killing night elves and requesting the head of a warlock-who-turns-out-to-be-a-demon who helps fend off an attack in Ashenvale is the same guy with the one we see at the end of alliance 5.1 quest chain, who gives his own warriors as test subjects for an extremely corrupting power, e.g. sha. Why not let use fel energies then? Because of his father's legacy? Then why go and try to use sha as a means for war? For me, there is a huge inconsistency here. It does not matter to me if the stuff is different, the main idea is still there: What makes flesh shaping better than undead resurrection, or sha power than the plague? Nothing. Nothing makes it better, neither moral-wise nor in any other way. It definitely is not an issue that simply could be put as enchanted weapon or armor, as Voljin clearly states in the Dagger in the Dark scenario "Dis be the blackest of magics, mon!", and that comes from a guy whose nation is known for cannibalism and vodoo rites.
    Last edited by Mengucekli; 2013-05-22 at 08:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mengucekli View Post
    I find it hard to believe that the guy who threw his own general off a cliff for killing night elves and requesting the head of a warlock-who-turns-out-to-be-a-demon who helps fend off an attack in Ashenvale is the same guy with the one we see at the end of alliance 5.1 quest chain, who gives his own warriors as test subjects for an extremely corrupting power, e.g. sha. Why not let use fel energies then? Because of his father's legacy? Then why go and try to use sha as a means for war?
    The argument could be made that Thrall and Saurfang's lessons were still fresh in his mind during the early days of the cataclysm and by Mists of Pandaria he's gotten a bit too used to power. Either this or he has yet to win over many of the orcs who are still pretty loyal to Thrall's idealism so he's playing politics. The whole mess in Stonetalon can even potentially be attributed to Garrosh wanting to sooth his bruised ego: his general did something that his political skeptics (those I mentioned earlier) didn't like and he goes to punish the guy because he made Garrosh look bad.

A lot can happen to someone in one to two years and because of the medium it's difficult to show a smooth transition.

10+ Year Old Account
    Terrible writing, that's literally the reason for that contradiction. They were trying to portray him in a more "humane" fashion most of Cata and then completely bullrushed into "GARROSH IS THE DEFINITION OF EVIL".....which explains MOP Garrosh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well the thing is you have to look at it from his point of view. Demonic power corrupted his race and forced them into a horrible situation. Then his father, already a great orc hero, took down Mannoroth and freed his people from the Burning Legion. He wouldn't just see Fel Energy as dark but wholly wrong and a huge dishonor to his name, his father's name, to his entire race. But at the same time a monumental task is set before him. To keep the Horde together, to keep it strong, to live up to Thrall, then at the same time the might of the unifying Alliance stands tall over him, a looming war is coming that he obviously terribly afraid of losing (at least in my opinion with the lengths he is going to and the paranoia of loyal members of the Horde), and last but not least the fact that it is on his shoulders to win. No longer is he under Thrall's command

I would say he is forcing himself to see the Sha power as different from Fel energy. He needs something he thinks he can control while at the same time keeping his honor. So while we see it as basically the same it isn't in Garrosh's eyes.

Another thing to remember is characters change over time.