Angry I got banned for 3 days, blizzard hardly explaining why

Yesterday i came home at night and couldnt log wich seemed weird after reading the message i went to check my email:
    Account Name: XXXXXXXXXX
    Type of Violation: Intended Exploitation
    Details of Incident: Abuse of game mechanics
    Investigation Concluded: 23/05/2013
    Consequences for Account: Account suspended for 72 hours and, if applicable, items/currency removed

Greetings,

This account has recently been identified as being involved in actions deemed inappropriate for World of Warcraft.

This may include, but is not limited to the following:
    * Use of add-ons, "mods", external hardware, or any unapproved third party software to automate gameplay.
    * Abuse of game mechanics or "bugs".
    * Any behavior that has been found to be outside the intent of the game.

alright so i had to open a ticket to apeal because i didnt do anything that would have been off tellign them my thoughts on what could have been the problem and that i did want to know the real reason (so i can know what i did and soesnt happen again or if it was a problem on my computer)

what i get as an answer?

[snipped as it contains real life information and e-mail addresses]

We base all of our actions on the severity of the violation, and take previous violations into consideration. This action has been taken in accordance with the Terms of Use (http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/legal/wow_tou.html) and our In-Game Policies (http://us.battle.net/support/en/article/policy), which all players acknowledge and agree to prior to participation.

More specific details of the situation than what was provided in the email will not be available.

preety much told me they confirmed "i exploited" and that they will not tell me exactly what happened....

i reply that im appealing because i think i did nothing wrong and if they would tell me at least well the exploit was found this day at this place maybe i could give an explanation and reach a solution.

what i get as an answer? a copy paste of they premade email sent to me before and my ticket labaled resolved....

preety much its like going to court telling you commited murder and youre going jail, you ask who did i kill or when, i didnt anything on the sort, the judge says well we confirmed you killed someone but we wont give you details so yeah enjoy your 20 years on jail

EDIT: Removed personal information and e-mail addresses [ML]
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2013-05-23 at 10:46 PM.

Did you make a macro to get tons of extra uses out of your heroic/pet cache?

I'm guessing that's why.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

nope last macros i did was to cancel cast of cobrashot and use silencing or disengage, i did troves of the thunder king on my main 6 times the tuesday but i had the 6 keys and on the last run i opened all the chests with the burial trove keys i had, thats the only thing i can think could be labeled by mistake as an exploit

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just be happy blizzard isn't our government.

Unfortunately it's well within their rights to do so, it may not be the best customer service, but they can delete your account without any real recourse if they wanted to. It's a lot cheaper for them to probably not care at all and send you copy and paste answers than it is to actually look into it and respond. If some % of people don't resub after poor customer service, they lose x, but if they actually provide great customer service, they lose y. Y is probably far more costly than x. If you're addicted, a slight customer service issue will hardly matter.

Most times, the bans are semi-warranted, you probably know what you did. If you don't, I wouldn't worry about it, great time for a 3 day vacation.

Also, you included your account / email in the follow-up email.

I've done that before, too -- that's not it.

I've seen a lot of people with your ban message being banned for exploiting caches. Exact same message from Blizzard. I won't say outright that you did, but it's still my guess.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Same thing happened to me. It's apparently because if you spam click your sunreaver bounty you can get extra cash. (I didn't spam click my bounty, and I'm going to assume you didn't either)
    I actually did troves 4 times, and also got banned. I cancelled my subscription and don't plan on returning. Blizzard now bans innocent players while gold farmers are still out there. Thanks blizz

Quote Originally Posted by Merite View Post
    Just be happy blizzard isn't our government.

Unfortunately it's well within their rights to do so, it may not be the best customer service, but they can delete your account without any real recourse if they wanted to. It's a lot cheaper for them to probably not care at all and send you copy and paste answers than it is to actually look into it and respond. If some % of people don't resub after poor customer service, they lose x, but if they actually provide great customer service, they lose y. Y is probably far more costly than x. If you're addicted, a slight customer service issue will hardly matter.

Most times, the bans are semi-warranted, you probably know what you did. If you don't, I wouldn't worry about it, great time for a 3 day vacation.

Also, you included your account / email in the follow-up email.
    Not necessarily; Blizzard has the right to disable your account at will in the United States and other nations that lack consumer protection laws, but IIRC that is not the case in Canada / most of Europe

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    You should prob take personal info out of the email you posted. Account name etc.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    They should really give you the exact reason why you were banned, if nothing else to let you be aware so it dsnt happen again
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombikilla View Post
    Not necessarily; Blizzard has the right to disable your account at will in the United States and other nations that lack consumer protection laws, but IIRC that is not the case in Canada / most of Europe
    Silly countries with laws that protect consumers

You should remove your account info and email in the reply btw.

Deleted
    i also got a 3 day ban for botting when i was not and the ingame support refused even talking to me. that was the day i suspended my accs.

Deleted
    Call the Customer Support line.

If you accidentally double or triple clicked on your http://www.wowhead.com/item=98546 Bliz probably looked at it and was like "lolban"
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonwolfe View Post
    In other words, he's worried about how sharp your bayonet is when you are firing RPG's.

10+ Year Old Account
    I got a 3 day ban from the Battle.net forums for making a joke comparing people who want free epics to Obama voters. I thought it was strange that I should get a ban for that when they opened Blizzcon a few years ago with a joke about the Republican. Typical of politically opinionated people, they can dish it out but they can't take it. Guess we know which side of the political bread they're buttering.

do thay need to explaine why, when you know why ?

10+ Year Old Account
    It's fair to point out that the reason why they don't give specifics is that if you are a botter telling you what they know and giving you clues as to what they watch for is monumentally dumb.

I don't see how anything constructive or useful is going to magically appear out of this so closing. If you think you have been unfairly banned I'd suggest getting on the phone with Blizzard, requesting to speak with a supervisor or someone higher up the food chain that who answers your call initially and seeing if it can't be straightened out in that way. Or simply wait out your suspension and go back to playing on Sunday.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2013-05-23 at 10:52 PM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."