Deleted

Horridon Heroic - Blood Dk

Evening All,

I, along with my guild are currently working on Horridon Heroic, we had 20+ attempts tonight and managed to get him to 23% (go go progress) although I feel I can improve (as Blood DK solely on Horridon)

My hp feels extremely spikey - even with chaining cooldowns etc, here is our log from tonight if anyone can provide advice for me. http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/y...=10495&e=11183

How are people using Bone Shield? As a defensive cooldown, or up as much as possible for the damage reduction? (I fall into the later category)

I think I need more Death Strikes in my rotation (not up-to-date with WoL but I think I got 79 over an 11:30 minute attempt - which should be nearly 90?), I'm trying to sit on runes to Death Strike after Triple Puncture.

My armoury is in my sig if people would like to inspect my character.

I am still learning to develop better playing as a Blood DK so all advice and criticism is greatly appreciated.

Cheers

In a 11 min fight it should be 100+ DS ~

As for being spikey: ya that's normal on my first few Horridon HC kills I only tanked about 15 seconds into the soft enrage and let the monk handle most of the last phase because that just worked way better.

On Bone Shield usage: Depends on the encounter - mostly on cooldown but some bosses may allow you to combine it with a huge blood shield resulting in a significantly increased uptime in which case you may want to save it up for that.

About your armory: The only thing I find odd is that you upgraded Soul Barrier - it's good for Horridon but is kind of ehhh for everything else.

Deleted
    swap the gem red gem in your belt with the yellow in your shoulders. you are using FC should go with SSG. you should just get a feel for how many stacks you can take before boping off. if you preshield yourself you can take more - so save bops for last phase. i would also use VB unglphed for horridon.

Like Nillo said it's normal to be spikey when your still learning the fight. After a lot of pulls and having it on farm you plan out in your head when to use CD's. That said we are Blood DK's and our nature of play is to be a very reactive tanking class.

I can't see your tank set cause your in DPS gear but stick with Soul Barrier and Shadow-Pan Mastery trinket for this. I found those 2 to be a very good combination for H:Horridon. I use Bone Shield on CD because other than door transitions your always taking a high amount of damage. I play with a Prot Warrior as the other tank and we switch boss/adds on every door. Keep tanking Horridon till the door opens up. When it does have the other tank taunt Horridon then you pick up adds. This keeps your vengence high which in turn helps with threat on adds so DPS isn't pulling off you.

Unlike Nillo I tank the last phase. The healers found I was easier to heal than our Prot Warrior who kept getting smashed. Our first kill we actually lost our Holy Pally to the pink dino going into the last phase then Horridon killed our Prot Warrior right as War-God Jalak died. Now we have no BoP's, 1 healer and 1 tank. So I tanked Horridon the entire last phase with 1 healer keeping the raid up and myself. When we checked logs my healing for that part of the fight was off the charts. Like double the 1 healer who was alive. It was pretty damn epic and I had sooooo many stacks when Horridon went down. So basically don't let anyone tell you we are bad for tanking Horridon during the last phase. Just need to know how to space out CD's and keep yourself alive.

*Edit* - Make sure you always have a Blood Shield up for new Triple Puncture stacks. I usually time 2-3 Death Strikes when he does Double Swipe as im moving out of it due to Triple Puncture right after.
    Last edited by Berserk157; 2013-05-24 at 04:38 PM.

Don't get why people say Blood DK is the worst Horridon tank; Guardian seems to be in a worse spot since you can't dodge Triple Puncture.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ultimatehawk View Post
    swap the gem red gem in your belt with the yellow in your shoulders. you are using FC should go with SSG. you should just get a feel for how many stacks you can take before boping off. if you preshield yourself you can take more - so save bops for last phase. i would also use VB unglphed for horridon.
    Sorted thanks.

Cheers all for the advice and tips. Hopefully we'll get a kill on Sunday night

Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    Don't get why people say Blood DK is the worst Horridon tank; Guardian seems to be in a worse spot since you can't dodge Triple Puncture.
    Off topic: triple puncture hits for less than horridon's autoattacks until high stacks and is only dangerous if it comes with a white hit or a dire call, for example our warrior tank just blocks the autoattacks and ignores punctures until rampage (in which tanks are chaining cds anyway) and has never been put in a dangerous spot from taking a puncture.

DKs on the other hand have to eat pretty much everything while having less armor and blood shields that can only take one or one and a half hits before breaking.
    Last edited by blackspark; 2013-05-24 at 08:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    So we're the second worst?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nillo View Post
    So we're the second worst?
    Ahyep:P. I wouldn't really say that Horridon is a huge issue for any tank if you are properly geared though (we had a guardian tank it last week, wasn't that rough to heal at all but admittedly quite spiky).

Deleted
    Woot! Got the kill tonight, felt a lot smoother tanking wise, thanks again for the tips and advice