Thread: Nibbleh

Nibbleh

Anyone else shares my friend's feelings about Balance druids in Brawler's Guild? Props to you if you understand Finnish ^^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9OylceniLY

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Tough to tell what is going on, I haven't gotten any cards yet. I'm guessing he melees really hard so it's another boss where you cannot stop moving and you have to beat some really high DPS check whilst moving the entire time.

Took me a couple tries to get it.

Gotta start off in a close corner. Absolutely must minimize your time moving, and all movement needs to lead Nibbleh in the longest route possible. You need the best possible opener (obviously). Don't cut corners, and Nibbleh should 'almost stop' when you do make your move to the next corner.

There's some RNG associated with Nibbleh via the poison puddles that randomly sprout. If you run out of room you have ~2sec to kill the boss before the stacking buff prevents him from dying, and promptly ending your chance to win.

Just to add: There's a ton of movement for these new fights and it's very difficult to squeeze out enough damage. (Bloodlust makes a lot of these enrages a joke...) Overall, it wasn't too bad from R8 to R10. The best strategy is to outgear it. If you can't, just keep looking for ways to improve.
    Last edited by Cyous; 2013-05-23 at 11:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyous View Post
    Took me a couple tries to get it.

Gotta start off in a close corner. Absolutely must minimize your time moving, and all movement needs to lead Nibbleh in the longest route possible. You need the best possible opener (obviously). Don't cut corners, and Nibbleh should 'almost stop' when you do make your move to the next corner.

There's some RNG associated with Nibbleh via the poison puddles that randomly sprout. If you run out of room you have ~2sec to kill the boss before the stacking buff prevents him from dying, and promptly ending your chance to win.

Just to add: There's a ton of movement for these new fights and it's very difficult to squeeze out enough damage. (Bloodlust makes a lot of these enrages a joke...) Overall, it wasn't too bad from R8 to R10. The best strategy is to outgear it. If you can't, just keep looking for ways to improve.
    Pretty much as Cyous says.

The only way I was able to kill Nibbleh was to do a full zig-zag pattern across the entire floor, and even then I was running out of spame. Speccing into Faerie Swarm is a great way to keep his movement down, and you have to make full use of the space provided. Just keep kiting him in straight lines next to the previous line you made, and you should be able to down him with some luck.

Anyone have tips for melee on Nibbleh? As ret pally, the balance between staying in melee range and not letting him stop long enough to get the buff is so freakin hard!

Edit: Oops, just realized this is the Druid forum. But still, any melee advice would be great
    Last edited by shoooter; 2013-05-24 at 01:28 AM.

Toggle on walk and backpedal while dpsing him. When you reach a corner, switch back to run until you round the corner, then back to walk.

I didnt realize that you could slow him, that being said i had to have great RNG and like 177k Dps to down him

Im rank 10.
    Nibbleh took me 3 tries. u simply start oopsite side of him and blow all ur cds on him. that roar to left side continue moonfire\SS procs\shrooms.
    then use displacer beast move. u have to kite him near the edges of the walls, dont let it hit once his pool.
    U can try Hotw-cat aswell.

Next is DR fist, really easy fight. u can stun his big aoe (Hammer something~) if he does it, he gets 100% increase dmg done. i just poped all cds on start, used warlock symb and soaked all the fists np.

read a comment from somewhere saying he was immune to slows, so never tried that thus had a lil problems. used hotws cat dyps in the end to finish him down after blowing all other cd's on him (2 much movement at the end)

also, dont try to knock him...

I tested Faerie Swarm on it and it didn't seem to work. Just use displacer beast to get away during your cooldowns and pew pew.

10+ Year Old Account
    Odd - I got him down on the first night, and the slow definitely worked on the PTR. Could be I was seeing things or it was hotfixed when they hotfixed Anthracite.

Possible, as my testing was limited to a single try and my main focus wasn't really on if the boss is slowed or not, I could've seen wrong. At least the speed reduction isn't a major one, if it is there.

Nibbleh cannot be slowed (Fungal Growth was not applying). This was before the hotfix to Anthracite, though Nibbleh may have been hotfixed prior to my attempts.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by omri1212000 View Post
    Im rank 10.
    Nibbleh took me 3 tries. u simply start oopsite side of him and blow all ur cds on him. that roar to left side continue moonfire\SS procs\shrooms.
    then use displacer beast move. u have to kite him near the edges of the walls, dont let it hit once his pool.
    Just used this tactic and worked wonders for me after having a difficult time killing him just kiting 100% of the time, 530 ilvl here.