Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Wrongfully Permanently Banned

Hey everyone, just want to clarify my thoughts on Blizzard's lack of professionalism.

Apparently, there's an exploit out there involving spam clicking a [Sunreaver Bounty] (Those new items you can buy for 15 Elder charms, as a charm sink) to repeatedly get gold.
    Since I don't do a lot of last tier raiding, I didn't have anything to spend those on short of LFRs, so I've been saving my [Key to the Palace of Lei Shen].
    With 4 in my bags, on Tuesday, I decided to go do one, then buy a bounty. I did this 4 times, and clicked to open a bounty once for each bounty. 1 click * 4 bounties = 4 clicks = no exploit.

None of the blizzard employees would tell me why I got banned, but being the curious little 5-year WoW-player (with no previous offenses whatsoever), I kept asking. The 4th gentleman I spoke to was extremely polite and helped me discover what I explained above. Unfortunately my appeal was immediately rejected by an automated system, so it seems I can't get my account back. I reopened a ticket in the meantime and am waiting for a response.

Attached below are the emails I've gotten:

----> Initial email telling me I got banned:

Account Name: ********
    Type of Violation: Intended Exploitation
    Details of Incident: Abuse of game mechanics
    Investigation Concluded: 23/05/2013
    Consequences for Account: Account suspended for 72 hours and, if applicable, items/currency removed

Note that I got the email on the 22/05/2013 in the afternoon. Fun fact.
    Also that it's actually a permanent ban. Thanks to the gentleman on the phone for that little tidbit.

------------------------

----> Response to my appeal

Greetings,

Thank you for your follow-up contact. An additional review of the previously communicated action taken against the account on (*****@*****.com) has been completed. Unfortunately, we have confirmed our initial findings. The account action will not be reversed or amended. Please refer to the email that was sent to you for details.

We base all of our actions on the severity of the violation, and take previous violations into consideration. This action has been taken in accordance with our In-Game Policies and the Terms of Use both of which can be found here: (http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/legal/).

While we understand that you may disagree with some of the policies or conditions, the bottom line is that they allow us to maintain a fun and safe game environment.

We hope this has resolved any concerns you may have had. Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Sincerely,

Blizzard Entertainment
    http://battle.net/support

------------------------
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2013-05-23 at 11:02 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Try talking to a blizzard rep.. see if you can get it sorted out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown
    "The world is a magical place full of people waiting to be offended by something"
    Quote Originally Posted by Bertrand Russell
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time"

same here just that i got 6 keys and it was a 3 day ban i think you posted on my thread wich was locked by a moderator... i still had questions!!
    anyway i keep sending appeal tickets so they can at least tell me why was i banned, im thinking on starting a thread on the forums unless you already got one, they probably made an automatic seach and ban after they found the error i got exactly the same copy paste email, i will demand compensation if the ban isnt lifted after today

Quote Originally Posted by Leozero View Post
    i will demand compensation if the ban isnt lifted after today
    You won't be compensated. In their ToS they state they can ban you for whatever reason. You could kill a fly on your desk and they'd ban you for it if they really wanted to. They also mention if you get/are banned you won't get time refunded at all.

nvm i cant create a thread because my account is also banned on the forums.... theyre beign douchebags and i bet theres lots of people that did exactly the same saving the keys and then buying bountys, and then at least they should unlock my account because theyre giving a poor customer support

Call Blizzard up, making threads like these on fansites really doesn't help anyone.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Call Blizzard up, making threads like these on fansites really doesn't help anyone.
    Exactly. I kind of think people should be infracted for making these threads. There's no way we can verify what happened and, honestly, I expect that most of these threads are lies.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wollus View Post
    Hey everyone, just want to clarify my thoughts on Blizzard's lack of professionalism.

Apparently, there's an exploit out there involving spam clicking a [Sunreaver Bounty] (Those new items you can buy for 15 Elder charms, as a charm sink) to repeatedly get gold.
    Since I don't do a lot of last tier raiding, I didn't have anything to spend those on short of LFRs, so I've been saving my [Key to the Palace of Lei Shen].
    With 4 in my bags, on Tuesday, I decided to go do one, then buy a bounty. I did this 4 times, and clicked to open a bounty once for each bounty. 1 click * 4 bounties = 4 clicks = no exploit.

None of the blizzard employees would tell me why I got banned, but being the curious little 5-year WoW-player (with no previous offenses whatsoever), I kept asking. The 4th gentleman I spoke to was extremely polite and helped me discover what I explained above. Unfortunately my appeal was immediately rejected by an automated system, so it seems I can't get my account back. I reopened a ticket in the meantime and am waiting for a response.

Attached below are the emails I've gotten:

Consequences for Account: Account suspended for 72 hours and, if applicable, items/currency removed

Note that I got the email on the 22/05/2013 in the afternoon. Fun fact.
    Also that it's actually a permanent ban. Thanks to the gentleman on the phone for that little tidbit.

------------------------

----> Response to my appeal

Greetings,

Thank you for your follow-up contact. An additional review of the previously communicated action taken against the account on (*****@*****.com) has been completed. Unfortunately, we have confirmed our initial findings. The account action will not be reversed or amended. Please refer to the email that was sent to you for details.

We base all of our actions on the severity of the violation, and take previous violations into consideration. This action has been taken in accordance with our In-Game Policies and the Terms of Use both of which can be found here: (http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/legal/).

While we understand that you may disagree with some of the policies or conditions, the bottom line is that they allow us to maintain a fun and safe game environment.

We hope this has resolved any concerns you may have had. Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Sincerely,

Blizzard Entertainment
    http://battle.net/support

------------------------
    Sounds like you were exploiting. It's a known bug that is currently circulating.

10+ Year Old Account
    My advice to anyone wrongfully banned is to keep working the appeals system. I had a friend who got banned over a misunderstanding (there was a gold exchange between her and a RL friend shortly before RL friend got hacked, so it looked super sketchy), and her first appeal or two got denied. Keep trying; Blizzard is good in my experience about rectifying wrongful account actions, but it may require some effort on your part. You're floating in a sea of people who did break the rules and are trying to pretend otherwise to Blizzard.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada,we've got freedom too, except we don't pretend to be american when we travel.
    Quote Originally Posted by kuku2 View Post
    Exactly. I kind of think people should be infracted for making these threads. There's no way we can verify what happened and, honestly, I expect that most of these threads are lies.
    Although I agree it goes no where from here, your response is in no way helpful to the OP, and thus you should be infracted for a pointless response in your own line of thinking.

OT: The answer OP is call and talk to a human on the phone. Serious.
    Don't get mad, just calmly explain what's the what on the phone, to a human. Emails and Orcs are not as person friendly
    "There are other sites on the internet designed for people to make friends or relationships. This isn't one" Darsithis Super Moderator
    Proof that the mmochamp community can be a bitter and lonely place. What a shame.

everyone who used the bug, accidentally or knowingly got a ban, some 72 hours, others perma. depends on your accounts state and the severity of use of the exploit. don't be silly and try to play innocent, you either mass used it or you've had bans from before.

Deleted
    If had read what he wrote properly you would of seen the "Thanks to the gentleman on the phone for that little tidbit" implying he did phone them.

we should get infracted? its useless? sir if you only are gonna point fingers and not help i invite you to go somewhere else, we are not lying and yes i have foudn it might have been a wrongfull ban because of a mistake labeling exploiters

My advice to anyone wrongfully banned is to keep working the appeals system. I had a friend who got banned over a misunderstanding (there was a gold exchange between her and a RL friend shortly before RL friend got hacked, so it looked super sketchy), and her first appeal or two got denied. Keep trying; Blizzard is good in my experience about rectifying wrongful account actions, but it may require some effort on your part. You're floating in a sea of people who did break the rules and are trying to pretend otherwise to Blizzard.
    yes exactly li keep trying since im inocent and because im sure i wasnt the only one who saved several keys to run the troves get bountys with chance of extra keys and get a good sum of gold
    Anyway i made progress because now i know what could have been the problem wich lead to the ban and i can include that on my ticket

---------- Post added 2013-05-23 at 11:38 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by kassy View Post
    everyone who used the bug, accidentally or knowingly got a ban, some 72 hours, others perma. depends on your accounts state and the severity of use of the exploit. don't be silly and try to play innocent, you either mass used it or you've had bans from before.
    i got 3 day ban because its my first on 8 years... were not trying to play silly i did not mass click them because of the exploit and they really have the means to see with the currency changes on the logs

When in doubt, call. Some things can be sorted out by calling. Such as wrongful bans, problems with transfers etc. If you're passing along the info as to why you were banned, fair enough, now people know, but do not send out a ticket. At times, it can help, but on the other end, whoever deals with it may not want to deal with it, so in turn, will throw out the automated reply and move on. Call, be nice, explain your situation and see what happens. I prefer calling as opposed to emails whenever possible because it gets things sorted out faster.

What exactly did he do wrong? Im reading his post and i see nothing. I dont read the wow forums much. Whats this bug so i dont do it myself.

Deleted
    I fail to see how making me paranoid for getting a permanent ban when I have done nothing wrong is creating a "fun and safe game environment". Thankfully, I've never had these problems. But it angers me moderately that paying customers get banned for no reason (allegedly anyway), when they have the means to look into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Leozero View Post
    we should get infracted? its useless? sir if you only are gonna point fingers and not help i invite you to go somewhere else, we are not lying and yes i have foudn it might have been a wrongfull ban because of a mistake labeling exploiters
    Of course you'd say that. The problem is that you cannot prove it.

How many times have you seen a cheater admit that they got banned for cheating?
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Title: Wrongfully Permanently Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Wollus View Post

They stated in the email it's only a 72 hour ban yet you're saying it's permanent?

How did you do it on 4 bags without exploits if they cost 15 Coins (outside of the 1 or 2 you get from all dailies)?

It's useless for you to appeal - let alone come on here creating a big case about how you've been "wrongfully permanently banned". You used the exploit/bug (which is blatantly obvious), cop the 72 hour ban and move on. They seldom ban innocent people when exploits like this occur and claiming otherwise is naive (outside of mass gold transferring which is automatically flagged as suspicious).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by esoterickk View Post
    They stated in the email it's only a 72 hour ban, yet you're saying it's permanent?

Outside of that, it's useless for you to appeal - let alone come on here creating a big case about how you've been "wrongfully permanently banned". You used the exploit/bug (which you said yourself), cop the 72 hour ban and move on.
    1 click per bag, 4 bags, a total of 4 clicks. That doesn't sound like an exploit. Maybe I'm just thick.

Quote Originally Posted by Syphista View Post
    1 click per bag, 4 bags, a total of 4 clicks. That doesn't sound like an exploit. Maybe I'm just thick.
    4 bags, costs 15 gold coins each when coin cap is 20. You can get 2 from dailies, another from coins - that's 3 bags. I very much doubt he's held onto others for this specific scenario.

As per my previous comment, they seldom ban people when exploits like this occur without legitimate reasons; OP is just looking for an excuse.

edit: Especially when Blizzard has not told him why he's banned, yet he can draw the conclusion of it being because of this very specific exploit. Which he coincidentally hasn't partaken in, but has a very irregularly similar case attempting to justify how he hasn't partaken in the exact action searching for some sort of loophole.