Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Do you know what I love? When Bliz get's so many people po'd that Millions unsub and then layoffs come then those souls and their fams are stuck in the bread lines! Unenjoyment at last! Ban Moar Plz!

Quote Originally Posted by Balazaar View Post
    It's not just the troves getting people banned. Opening even 1 day's worth of pet bags from the dailies will get you a ban.

I tried calling but they said you have to put in a ticket. They did move my ticket to the correct queue for me. The automated ticket system upheld my ban immediately after that. I do mean immediately, so no one actually reviewed my ticket.

What's the next thing to do to get this reversed?
    Relax and wait. Blizzard is already investigating the matter and will unban people who got banned for opening pet bags and other bags without exploiting. They had to act fast to stop the true exploit, so they just put in some kind of check that banned everyone who opened multiple bags. Now they will fine tune it and unban people who didn't exploit.

Quote Originally Posted by rudekoffenris View Post
    Good Grief. In the Terms of Service they state they can ban for any reason. You (digitally) signed the contract, so you have to live with it.
    Again, writing up a "terms of service" does not mean a company gets to do whatever they please. There's a reason that contract law exists in the first place. If I get you to agree to sign a contract stating that I have the right to kill you, does that mean it was legitimate for you to sign away those rights?

Everybody's saying that I should be fine with getting banned because I agreed to the terms of service. Yea I'm fine with getting banned for something I did wrong. If i start botting and farming gold, and one-shotting heroic bosses, yes, I should get banned. But I opened the equivalent of a lockbox. A lockbox they introduced in 5.3. I thought it was a cool charm sink, so I bought a few, and got banned. I don't agree with that, I just do not.

Quote Originally Posted by Wollus View Post
    Hey everyone, just want to clarify my thoughts on Blizzard's lack of professionalism.

Apparently, there's an exploit out there involving spam clicking a [Sunreaver Bounty] (Those new items you can buy for 15 Elder charms, as a charm sink) to repeatedly get gold.
    Since I don't do a lot of last tier raiding, I didn't have anything to spend those on short of LFRs, so I've been saving my [Key to the Palace of Lei Shen].
    With 4 in my bags, on Tuesday, I decided to go do one, then buy a bounty. I did this 4 times, and clicked to open a bounty once for each bounty. 1 click * 4 bounties = 4 clicks = no exploit.

None of the blizzard employees would tell me why I got banned, but being the curious little 5-year WoW-player (with no previous offenses whatsoever), I kept asking. The 4th gentleman I spoke to was extremely polite and helped me discover what I explained above. Unfortunately my appeal was immediately rejected by an automated system, so it seems I can't get my account back. I reopened a ticket in the meantime and am waiting for a response.
    Hi all, just wanted to take a moment and drop in to speak to the issue here. When we take action on an account, we will not necessarily provide specific details about these actions or how we detected such possible exploits. That being said, there is an ongoing review for all of the accounts that were affected by this latest action. I don't have more information immediately available, but please know that we are looking into this right now. If there is a decision to amend or update an action that was taken on the account, we would be in contact with the account holder via email.

We thank you for your patience. Please PM me if you have any general questions, I'll be happy to respond.
    Last edited by Araxom; 2013-05-24 at 10:46 PM.

OP clearly doesn't understand the very definition of "permanently."

Quote Originally Posted by Araxom View Post
    Hi all, just wanted to take a moment and drop in to speak to the issue here. When we take action on an account, we will not necessarily provide specific details about these actions or how we detected such possible exploits. That being said, there is an ongoing review for all of the accounts that were affected by this latest action. I don't have more information immediately available, but please know that we are looking into this right now. If there is a decision to amend or update an action that was taken on the account, we would be in contact with the account holder via email.

We thank you for your patience. Please PM me if you have any general questions, I'll be happy to respond.
    I really understand Blizz is in a tough spot as far as dealing with malicious activity, exploiters, bots, etc but isn't there a better system over shooting first and asking questions later? I know there can't be a trial for every banable or potentially banable offense but atm it seems a fair amount of innocent parties are getting caught in the crossfire of these massive ban waves.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    You're full of shit honey.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    You should have no expectations for the next expansion IMO...

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    No way in hell, you can get 15-20 EC on average per run..
    A good average is 5-7, while as little as 0-2 is a very possible risk..

Never had less than 10, frequently 12+

Quote Originally Posted by Fagatronics View Post
    I really understand Blizz is in a tough spot as far as dealing with malicious activity, exploiters, bots, etc but isn't there a better system over shooting first and asking questions later? I know there can't be a trial for every banable or potentially banable offense but atm it seems a fair amount of innocent parties are getting caught in the crossfire of these massive ban waves.
    We always strive to be as communicative as we possibly can be, but there are a lot of moving gears in a situation like this. Sometimes we do a better job of communicating than at other times, and it's situations like this that help us recognize that. Again, we appreciate the patience of those affected and I do hope that the information provided here sheds at least a bit more light as to what's going on.
    Last edited by Araxom; 2013-05-24 at 11:21 PM.

Deleted
    A 200 usd bank chargeback from every abused player might help you be more carefull in the future with such bans.

You know , voting with the wallet always work .

The same thing happened to me once when a exploit involving the Battered Hilt was happening, back in march/2012. I got banned for completing the quest, which was the same penalty of people who really exploited it, made 1000 battered hilts and selling on the AH for profit

If they said "The account action will not be reversed or amended. Please refer to the email that was sent to you for details.", don't even bother trying. I lost a 6-year account with 150 mounts, 160 pets, and they didn't give a proper explanation other than "extreme economy exploitation", something that never happened since, like I said, just completed the quest

Be glad it was only 72h. Wrong Permaban is a lot worse.
    Last edited by Kalx; 2013-05-24 at 11:29 PM.
    Dear developers,

please nerf Rock, it's too overpowered. Paper is fine, however.
    Signed, Scissors.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalx View Post
    The same thing happened to me once when a exploit involving the Battered Hilt was happening, back in march/2012. I got banned for completing the quest, which was the same penalty of people who really exploited it, made 1000 battered hilts and selling on the AH for profit

If they said "The account action will not be reversed or amended. Please refer to the email that was sent to you for details.", don't even bother trying. I lost a 6-year account with 150 mounts, 160 pets, and they didn't give a proper explanation other than "extreme economy exploitation", something that never happened since, like I said, just completed the quest

Be glad it was only 72h. Wrong Permaban is a lot worse.
    This same thing happened me just recently when my account got banned I got "The account action will not be reversed or amended. Please refer to the email that was sent to you for details.", I never really got an clear answer as to what happened other than "extreme economy exploitation", even after making an appeal I all I get is "The penalty is being upheld and we will not discuss this any further".... sucks pretty bad,I've been playing the account that got banned since pre-BC

One of my trial accounts got perma-banned for purchasing gold. The funny thing is Trial Accounts can NOT open mails or Trade. When I notified Blizzard of their STUPID error putting emphasis on the account being a Trial Account, then they replied with the following message.

This is the latest response from Customer Support:
    Hey there! ^__^

Umiril the Game Master here at your service! Thank you for your patience and understanding while waiting for your account investigation. I've concluded my investigation and I'm sorry I was unable to reach you sooner. Often times when a malicious user gains access to an account they will cause all sorts of harm to your characters items and gold. Sometimes they will simply use your account to advertise or use exploitive programs to damage the community and economy.

Regardless of how your account was used, we check each of your characters logs to see exactly what went down. This allows us to reverse any losses that may have occurred. Thankfully, it appears as though the characters on your account have been unharmed.

To prevent this from happening again, I strongly recommend consulting the following Knowledge Base article for more information on securing both your system and email account: http://us.blizzard.com/support/article/40149

If you have any questions regarding your compromise, investigation, or restoration, please don't hesitate to reply and let us know. It's only right as we want to make sure you feel satisfied and as if you are being treated as one of our valued customers! /wave =3

Sincerely,

Game Master Umiril
    o==[]::::::::::::::::>
    Customer Services
    Blizzard Entertainment
    www.blizzard.com/support

I knew Blizzard was trying to cover up their mistake by blaming it on an account compromise, when I know for a FACT that my account did NOT get compromised. If my account was not a trial, they would have actually kept my account perma-banned.

The bottom line is that many innocent individual's accounts have been perma-banned because of Blizzard's faulty system to identify exploits

Quote Originally Posted by vandam View Post
    A 200 usd bank chargeback from every abused player might help you be more carefull in the future with such bans.

You know , voting with the wallet always work .
    Yeah, because we'd all rather have the WoW economy totally ruined because they are too slow with banning exploiters, because they have to ask questions first... This was a very dangerous, huge exploit that had to be stopped immediately. Collateral damage is to be expected and will be resolved.

Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    Yeah, because we'd all rather have the WoW economy totally ruined because they are too slow with banning exploiters, because they have to ask questions first... This was a very dangerous, huge exploit that had to be stopped immediately. Collateral damage is to be expected and will be resolved.
    ...at the extent of a few hundred thousand more lost subs and the lay-offs to follow. We can only hope. GM's deserve the Soup Kitchens and their kids the ghetto cloths to wear to school!

Quote Originally Posted by Arothand View Post
    No they aren't. The TOS says they can ban for anything or nothing. You would have no case. Blame the fact terms are considered legally binding contracts.
    I need to make a thread that comprehensively explains the reality of how this actually works, because you can't even open your mouth about terms of use-related issues without getting hammered by this same nonsense over and over.

Here's a TLDR for you --

Contract law exists for a reason. Not all contracts that you can potentially agree to hold up completely in court. Just because a contract is entered into between two parties does not mean that the tort system will uphold it, because the law does not respect contracts that violate the rights of either or both parties, regardless of whether it was agreed to or not.

---------- Post added 2013-05-25 at 10:27 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Araxom View Post
    We always strive to be as communicative as we possibly can be, but there are a lot of moving gears in a situation like this. Sometimes we do a better job of communicating than at other times, and it's situations like this that help us recognize that. Again, we appreciate the patience of those affected and I do hope that the information provided here sheds at least a bit more light as to what's going on.
    With all due respect, the problem here is that in order to rectify these situations, players have to spend upwards of hours on the telephone with no guarantee of success (and anecdotally it depends a lot on who they happen to connect to or how forcefully they press their point), simply because of the inadvertent consequences of a bug in the live build of the game for which the game company itself is wholly responsible.

I personally know people who were in fact affected by this fiasco, and in engaging in this wave of disciplinary action, you are asking people to take extraordinary amounts of time out of their own busy lives because of a mistake the game company itself made simply for the privilege of continuing to pay money to pay your game, despite having done absolutely nothing wrong. Honestly if this had happened to me, I would have just quit the game, but fortunately it didn't.

The bottom line is that there is no customer service situation in which this kind of treatment is considered acceptable, and players are completely in the right to be aggravated, screaming bloody murder, and probably also ending their involvement in your game.