Let's give instanced PvP the LFR loot style:
1) you got a 20% chance at the end of each normal BG to win a random Honor PvP item, and a 5% chance to win a conquest point item if you're eligible for the item.
2) the item is randomly determined based on your class and spec, and you can get the same item multiple times.
3) winning a BG increases the chance by 150% (50% honor, 12.5% conquest).
4) Rated BG's will have a 20% chance on a conquest item and a 5% additional chance on a special cosmetic item, like a replica classic PvP set item recolor. this is also affected by the 150% win buff.
5) arena has a proportionally smaller chance to give you an item, based on a predefined ratio for average completion times. if the average arena match lasts 6 minutes with queue and the average RBG lasts 24 with queue, the chance is divived by 4, because you can do 4 arena matches in the time it takes to do 1 RBG.
6) you can choose to spend up to 750 honor per week on 250 honor tokens which give you a chance at a token.
7) if you don't get a reward, you instead get a consolation bag which contains a small amount of gold (to cover repair costs, since I understand this could sometimes prove fickle), a medium to high chance at 25 honor points, a small chance at 15 conquest points and a 1% chance at vanity rewards that are only acquired through PvP (like a pet, a PvP mount or a PvP heirloom).
thoughts? ideas? comments? feel free to rip on this. I know i'm not really fixing something that needs fixing, but PvP gear is so predictable to acquire that it would seem interesting to me to add a small bit of randomness into the mix, something to spice up the monotomy of just grinding out your conquest cap for the week and being done with it.