10+ Year Old Account

survivability issue

hey there, i just started back playing a few weeks ago, im having trouble surviving the snapping bites from tortos without a cd, or dropping to 10-15% of my hp n a healer sometimes cant get me back up quick enough, so im wondering is there anything i can do other than just some new pieces, since i am behind on gear anyway, to increase my survivabilty. ill post a link to my armory, i dont have any stam trinks either, but any advice is greatly appreciated. im thinking maybe i should reforge or something, maybe avoidance > mastery or something. im unsure. so any tips would be grateful thanks.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...anjdk/advanced

What are you saving your cooldowns for if you aren't using them for snapping bite?

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account
    i usually tank the bats, but i do tank tortos at the start until the bats come out. i've never had any issues with health spikes on tortos, even when i was below 505ilvl.

i would def try and use some stam trinks (at least one). i never really rolled any cd's for it, but it does have a cast timer so you could do something like this:
    first one BS, vamp blood on the next one (unless bs is still up), DRW on the next (it can be dodged), and repeat that much as you can. with the addition of sitting on your runes (or blood taps) a little and waiting for the castbar and death striking twice, which will make the bite barely do any damage.

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account
    i suggest using bloodtap then if you aren't already and queuing it up for the bites. also use a tank weapon enchant crusader isn't helping much.

Also it seems that you are missing some enchants. I understand about not enchanting the pieces below 500 but you could enchant your chest and back piece. Both have pure stam enchants if you wanted to take them.

If you are trying to tank normal mode tortos there is no reason to not have everything enchanted. I understand that 483 piece might seem like something you shouldn't enchant but leg armor is significant amount of stats. Especially if you are tanking bats, and it would also help on the snapping bites. Looking at all the enchants you don't have you are missing out on 1230 stamina and 140 Mastery from boots along with the speed increase. Also you could finish leveling mining which would give you another 480 stam. Can't tell you where you are at in the legendary quest line but the Test of Valor was nerfed so depending on your progress on the first part you could have a extra slot on your weapon in a few weeks. Also you can work on timing on your death strikes/blood taps, to right before a snapping bite so that there is a shield present when it comes out.

I tank Tortos and I never pop cds on Snapping Bites aside of maybe VB, DS seems to be enough along with external healing. I pop CDs during Call Of Tortos as I'm getting close to the turtles in order to slow them (RW), along with D&D and some BB to spread my dots. This is the time of chaos as the boss keeps doing damage, and I sometimes hit the turtles because I'm too close to them during the slow, so this is where I pop cds/trinket. In case of nearby Rockfalls I pop AMS. Tanking Tortos on normal is a pretty easy, if not boring, fight. Tanking the bats is tougher.
    Last edited by Blachshma; 2013-05-26 at 06:52 AM.

Snapping bite on normal? °_° Can't remember ever having to use cooldowns on them.

And yeah fix your enchants - they should be cheaper than the gems you're using so I don't get why you don't have any enchants.