I must be clueless....

So has pvp changed? I do not remember cc's being this op, case in point.

Lock feared 8s, lock pet feared 7s, horrified by lock 5s, entangled by druid 6s, mage frozen 6s, poly'd by mage, 5s then by shaman 5s. This is not an exhageration, this just happend in FR of WSG. I was seriously cc'd for almost 45s..... Where the hell are the dimishing returns?

side note, kudo to the horde team for organizing chain stuns.....

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada,we've got freedom too, except we don't pretend to be american when we travel.
    Short answer, yup they are, where's your trinket? No utility to get out of them? Where's your inturupts? and lastly, where's your team?
    All of these should help you if you take them to heart and start thinking about it
    "There are other sites on the internet designed for people to make friends or relationships. This isn't one" Darsithis Super Moderator
    Proof that the mmochamp community can be a bitter and lonely place. What a shame.

10+ Year Old Account
    CC is out of control basically, i think blizzard know but don't know how to fix it without breaking certain classes.

like locks fear, at the moment its taking ages to break on damage, but in cata it was breaking too quick and made it rubbish, i think blizzard said next expac they really want to look at stuns, as they are too powerful. they want less instant CCs and more CCs with a cast time that break easier. also, if CCs are too weak healers can be impossible to kill.

but its really not fun being CCd for so long, happened to me a few times where i got feared for 8seconds, then stunned for 4, then straight into another fear. needs to be more DR sharing and the pvp trinket should give you a 5sec immunity to CCs.
    dragonmaw - EU

Quote Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post

Lock feared 8s, lock pet feared 7s, horrified by lock 5s, entangled by druid 6s, mage frozen 6s, poly'd by mage, 5s then by shaman 5s. This is not an exhageration, this just happend in FR of WSG. I was seriously cc'd for almost 45s..... Where the hell are the dimishing returns?

I hate the state of cc as much as the next guy and I'm kinda repeating bamboozal but the situation you just described only happens if you also dont have hands.

Also seduce (I assume that is what you mean by lock pet fear) dr's with lock fear.
    Entangle dr's with nova
    Poly Dr's with Hex

It might have felt like 45 seconds but there is probably a button or two you could have clicked.

Quote Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post

Have to out of range and line of sight. Its silly but most of it is avoidable. Find good dps who see a mage casting polymorph and kick because they realize you are their life line.
    You're right except for 2 things.

1. My name is spelt "God" not "Loucious-sama".
    2. I'm not a man, because man is inherently flawed. I am in fact a being so far beyond your comprehension that archaic constraints like flesh, blood, time and consequently, gender, have no meaning to me.

is CC out of control, or is it just damage that's out of control?

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    is CC out of control, or is it just damage that's out of control?
    Someone should die if there healer is in a 45 second cc chain.
    You're right except for 2 things.

1. My name is spelt "God" not "Loucious-sama".
    2. I'm not a man, because man is inherently flawed. I am in fact a being so far beyond your comprehension that archaic constraints like flesh, blood, time and consequently, gender, have no meaning to me.

Deleted
    The problem with CC in a random BG, is that you can't rely on your team mates for shit. And if as others asked, where were your trinket? Also, you must have been caught alone, which generally isn't a good idea either.

That said, CC is retarded atm.

All valid points guys, I had just used my trinket so it was on CD. So yea, I just sat there for almost 45s with the last being my death. Got to luv running in fear whilst 5 people beat on you. Maybe I should just pull a LFR roation, 1,1,2,- Auto follow (yes I know it's turned off in BG's ")

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by serenka View Post
    CC is out of control basically, i think blizzard know but don't know how to fix it without breaking certain classes.

like locks fear, at the moment its taking ages to break on damage, but in cata it was breaking too quick and made it rubbish, i think blizzard said next expac they really want to look at stuns, as they are too powerful. they want less instant CCs and more CCs with a cast time that break easier. also, if CCs are too weak healers can be impossible to kill.

but its really not fun being CCd for so long, happened to me a few times where i got feared for 8seconds, then stunned for 4, then straight into another fear. needs to be more DR sharing and the pvp trinket should give you a 5sec immunity to CCs.
    I concur. CC is an integral part of wow pvp. They can't start balancing individual cc for each class, so ppl don't whine about ccs in bgs. Revisiting ccs would mean taking a very long look at rebalancing arena combat, which is an insane thing to do right now.

Deleted
    Since PvP power got nerfed and people are kind of not caring about it much I think it'd be an interesting experiment to add a "Reduces CC duration by X%" to it. Like, every 1% of PvP power reduces CC by 0.5% or so... So, someone in full Tyr that should be sitting at about 40% PvP power would have about 20% CC reduction.