destruction warlock low DPS issues

Hey can someone help me take a look at what is this warlock doing wrong with his DPS?
    He's beening pulling around 100k dps since he was at 502 ILV, and now he is 522 but his DPS has not go up for a bit.
    Here are his logs
    w ww.worldoflogs.com/reports/o7j51x4p5847s59c/details/11/?s=4036&e=4432
    w ww.worldoflogs.com/reports/fddbxbi94uhi58ku/details/12/?s=2668&e=3120
    and here is his Armory
    us.battle.net/wow/en/character/arthas/Schont/simple

He's missing enchants. Very game breaking.

Also Destro is only good for some niche fights in ToT, usually should play Demo or Aff for better numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Woz View Post

Also Destro is only good for some niche fights in ToT, usually should play Demo or Aff for better numbers.
    I'd argue that every spec is good for every fight in ToT (and extremely close when played at the same skill level), however some specs are better at specific fights. Demo/Aff for council, Destro for Primordius/Horridon/Ra-den.

I agree, they all have their niche fights for sure with some specs clearly dominant over the others on certain fights.

I guess the "right" answer should be:

Play whatever spec he is most comfortable with and if he is still pulling consistently low numbers and he doesn't want to put forth the effort to improve (especially in a raiding guild) then mayhaps it's time to find an alternate player .

Just for starters: Based off the Magaera log his RoF uptime is pretty bad and that is (sadly) a pretty big dps increase to have down, even in single target.

Reforging/Gemming: Int/Crit gems, Reforging crit, has he actually sim'd his warlock?

^^^
    Simcraft of his warlock.

It shows haste being stronger then hit but I would obviously still go for the hit cap before going all haste.

Sorry but what are these niche fights?

Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    Sorry but what are these niche fights?
    Brusalk mentioned them above: Horridon/Primordius/Ra-den

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    I'd argue that every spec is good for every fight in ToT (and extremely close when played at the same skill level), however some specs are better at specific fights. Demo/Aff for council, Destro for Primordius/Horridon/Ra-den.
    How do you play destro on Primordius, for it to be better than affliction? I assume you'd be nuking the boss, but (atleast in my guild) we drop the dotters on killing adds full time, dotting 5 lines. That keeps us busy and obviously affliction will perform that task better than destro, right?

On topic:

3 unenchanted items.
    Intellect, Intellect + Crit gemming. Should be pure haste or atleast Int + Haste for single target and pure mastery for infinite ember scenarios, like Megaera HC.
    Destruction is probably the easiest spec in the game to play at a reasonable level, seemingly that guy can't pull it off. Maybe you should open recruitment?
    Rain of Fire is a dps increase, but it isn't necesary for pulling 120k+ dps in his current gear. Just keep Immolate up and don't go above 33 Emberbits .... Spend them all while cooldowns or heavy procs are running ... Use cooldowns on cooldown ...
    It comes down to basic stuff, really.
    Last edited by mmoce7431826d4; 2013-05-24 at 11:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Filth the Warlock View Post
    How do you play destro on Primordius, for it to be better than affliction? I assume you'd be nuking the boss, but (atleast in my guild) we drop the dotters on killing adds full time, dotting 5 lines. That keeps us busy and obviously affliction will perform that task better than destro, right?
    He plays in a 10 man so it's a bit different. It's much easier to play Destro on Prim in 10 man vs 25 since you can mostly 1-2 shot the adds (you also don't need as many, obviously).

Quote Originally Posted by Filth the Warlock View Post
    10 man is a different fight than 25. Not easier, not harder either.

Our guild's strat revolves around kiting the boss around the circle gathering up all of the small adds behind-ish the boss. I then spend the whole fight killing them off with MF-AoE while the rest of the raid is mostly on the boss.

I end up doing like 70% of the damage to the small adds and roughly the same boss damage as everyone else. If I was to focus more on the boss I'd be far and away the most damage done to him.

---------- Post added 2013-05-24 at 08:58 AM ----------

He plays in a 10 man so it's a bit different. It's much easier to play Destro on Prim in 10 man vs 25 since you can mostly 1-2 shot the adds (you also don't need as many, obviously).
    Avoid making easier/harder comments please. The two styles of raid are completely different and you can't compare the two in terms of difficulty.

If I get your meaning I think you mean that Destro is better on 10man than on 25man if you're using the kite/AoE strat.

(We have to kill pretty much every add to avoid boss evolution stacks, and the adds don't die in 1-2 globals. They takes a substantial amount of time to kill. With our kite strat I'm spending 90% of my time minus the initial hero burn on the boss exclusively killing adds and people still complain about not having enough stacks.

Yes you understood the meaning correctly but I wasn't saying one was easier or harder than the other, but that it's easier to play Destro for that fight in particular pending strat (which I left out unintentionally!). I did assume you we're doing the kite strat (like many 10 man guilds do) as opposed to 25 man raids where it's "get as many dotters as you can and kill adds all fight".

From what I knew of the fight on 10 I presumed (wrongly) that the adds would be substantially more manageable to kill by one person (hence the 1-2 shot comment) considering there's only 10 in the raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    Our guild's strat revolves around kiting the boss around the circle gathering up all of the small adds behind-ish the boss. I then spend the whole fight killing them off with MF-AoE while the rest of the raid is mostly on the boss.

I end up doing like 70% of the damage to the small adds and roughly the same boss damage as everyone else. If I was to focus more on the boss I'd be far and away the most damage done to him.
    Could you elaborate on that some more? I too am AoEing the adds mainly, but my damage on the boss is significantly lower than other people's. How are you equal to people that are on him pretty much exclusively, while also AoEing all the adds? I get that you can squeeze in the odd CB every now and then, but don't you spend most of the time spamming FnB-spells and RoF? Sure it hits Primordius too, but does that really allow you to catch up?

Reveal your secrets, sensei!