Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CLaxxess View Post
    When a DK solos bosses it's awesome, when a paladin does it it's abuse. Logic, this has none.
    Basically this.

Deleted
    I think that noone tried this yet:
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...e/?s=159&e=431

Thinking of doing heroic 25 man

The other part of it is DKs lacking something like Grand Crusader, in its current state paladin tanks are basically double dipping by tanking massive amounts of trash/mobs since it will not only boost their vengeance but also provide more chances for GC to proc.
    Warlock Soloing & Progress | FC: 4141-3143-3405 | Metang, Mawile, and Klefki

Yes. Grand Crusader.
    These trash mobs helped a lot. Without them it would be impossible for a paladin to solo galleon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by psychopass View Post
    seal of insight, holy avenger, avenger's wrath, when the pally got enough adds, he will have enough vengeance which makes him unkillable.
    pvp trinket is used against stomp so he won't be stunned.
    word of glory blahblahblah.
    the game is so broken.
    Lol, game is broken?
    Paladin class is broken, Not the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Quote Originally Posted by mmmmmmmBacon View Post
    Anyone else find it odd he has the gear possible to do that, and is a clicker?
    I've seen Durendil clicking and he was at least at one time one of the best Hunters pushing solo stuff. It's plenty possible to do just fine clicking. It's just more often the case that clickers don't do well. There are exceptions like anything.

Here is the WOL of the soloing: (R)w(E)w(MO)w(VE).worldoflogs.com/reports/ru5x58fbdvfo7hhg/
    and the armory(the guy done it with ilv 530): (R)w(E)w(MO)w(VE).battlenet.com.cn/wow/zh/character/%E7%99%BD%E9%AA%A8%E8%8D%92%E9%87%8E/Bloodblue/advanced

At last this is the original discussion thread posted by the soloer : nga.178.com/read.php?tid=6240404&_fp=5&_ff=184

If anyone still doubt this, see it yourself!
    Last edited by SleepyPenguin; 2013-05-27 at 02:32 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    How is that a regular server? Other people would come and kill it. Even just to be trolly/annoying.

Unless Chinese MoP is just that deserted, which I find doubtful.

Quote Originally Posted by Tribunal View Post
    How is that a regular server? Other people would come and kill it. Even just to be trolly/annoying.

Asia servers(especially some servers with only 200-300 player online)don't have much players as american/europe... World boss like this mostly get killed in first 3-4 days since CD get reseted. So the last 3 days,the boss just stand there and no one would like to take a look at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tribunal View Post

Not my medium pop server.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SleepyPenguin View Post
    Asia servers(especially some servers with only 200-300 player online)don't have much players as american/europe... World boss like this mostly get killed in first 3-4 days since CD get reseted. So the last 3 days,the boss just stand there and no one would like to take a look at it.
    I guess. I just figure people would hear about it over the lengthy fight and come to watch if nothing else.

I also doubt he did it on the first try (although possible!) so that's just more time for people to gather/interfere.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    So protection paladins are only this broken when there are multiple mobs present? I really need to actually begin leveling a paladin-- -

Deleted
    Some background info: 535 prot pala. Solo tanking majority of ToT HC including Twins where strat is dependent on receiving 0 heals for the first phase. I have a very good understanding of in game mechanics and of prot paladins.

With some good rng (chain parry's) I was able able to chain cd's long enough to survive until the adds spawned, hoping the extra vengeance would make Galleons melee trivial. I was able to survive this up until he stomps when I would get globled during the stun. I was using using a pvp trinket for this ability however it doesn't help much as the stomp works in the same fashion as a warriors throw down stun. Even with bubble up I was still stunned.

I then tried with a monk healer that could also break the stomp but unfortunately we ran into the same problem.

In my humble opinion Galleon is not soloable. His melee simply hits too high and too slowly to create any kind of synergy between vengeance dependent ability's that keep us alive and damage intake.

Deleted
    Lol, looks epic. Time to reroll to pala, I guess.

Guys don't worry, it only took Blizzard 9 months to realize that tank DPS is out of control... and in a few more months they will try to fix it (hopefully).

Maybe in 2014 they will realize how strong prot paladins are.

Prot paladins are why they are nerfing vengence for every tank. This is why we can't have nice things.

Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    I've seen Durendil clicking and he was at least at one time one of the best Hunters pushing solo stuff. It's plenty possible to do just fine clicking. It's just more often the case that clickers don't do well. There are exceptions like anything.
    even the exemplary clicker exception to the rule will improve by transitioning to keybinds and mouseovers.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Is it just me or is the OP's jimmy at maximum rustle over this?

Were you racing him? Is he your Gary? Did you lose a bet? Give us some insight!

Quote Originally Posted by Mammoon View Post
    Guys don't worry, it only took Blizzard 9 months to realize that tank DPS is out of control... and in a few more months they will try to fix it (hopefully).

Maybe in 2014 they will realize how strong prot paladins are.
    Or maybe they'll design less fights with physical damage spikes, like Horridon, Tortos, Ji-Kun, and Durumu. If it weren't for the abilities on those fights and the way they interact with Shield of the Righteous, no one would consider Prot Paladin's OP.

So, yeah, I imagine that's what they'll do in SoO -- put in less spike abilities that are strictly physical damage. Though, if they do too much of that, Prot Paladins will quickly become the least desireable tank.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu