Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Dark Animus HC - things not working anymore after patch?

My group has noticed that AMS (dk tank) not longer works to reset stacks from big adds and our druid tank said his "blink" also no longer works to avoid anima ring.

Has anyone also experienced this "fixes" on Dark Animus? If they are intentioned, it's really not cool to change boss mechanics in the middle of a tier

Our monk tank isn't able to use transcendence to get out of the rings anymore, and our warrior isn't able to heroic leap out of the rings either (without getting the debuff).

According to our DK AMS didn't prevent Explosive Slam if the AMS did not absorb the full amount of damage.

Deleted
    I think this is an intended change because it would allow you to cheese the main tank mechanics of the fight.
    Also yesterday (even tho is was normal not heroic) our warrior tank wasn't able to leap the anima ring avoiding stacks, but getting 1/2 depending on where he leaped.
    Last edited by mmoceadec8507e; 2013-05-24 at 09:19 AM. Reason: typo

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Meraned View Post
    I think this is an intended change because it would allow you to cheese the main tank mechanics of the fight.
    Very odd that they would change something like that when we such a long way into the tier. Strange that their are no patch notes as well.

transcendence should still work.

Deleted
    If you've done the final rank 9 boss in Brawlers, he has the exact same ability as Animus HC (the anima rings). If you use Teleport as a warlock you still get 1 stack, even though you didnt hit any of the orbs physically.

So yeah it seems Blizz changed mechanics like that, where you take at least 1 stack whenever you get out of the ring, regardless of the way you got out.

Matter swap will now also cause you to get ring stacks, if you swapped past them. That goes for anyone in the fight, and not just the tank.

Deleted
    That change doesnt make sense at all, why nullify Class Abilities for no reason? I would love to hear the reasoning behind this.

Deleted
    Not sure if that differs in N/HC but when our tank can't leap through ring, our rogue just eats orbs so warrior can run without getting debuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Dudko View Post
    Not sure if that differs in N/HC but when our tank can't leap through ring, our rogue just eats orbs so warrior can run without getting debuff.
    We had to adjust to this after we figured out the tank couldn't get through it. Had rogues take them, and had a kill 1-2 attempts after.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by blaxter View Post
    My group has noticed that AMS (dk tank) not longer works to reset stacks from big adds and our druid tank said his "blink" also no longer works to avoid anima ring.

Has anyone also experienced this "fixes" on Dark Animus? If they are intentioned, it's really not cool to change boss mechanics in the middle of a tier
    AMS needs to be up when the massive casts, so the debuff isn't refreshed and drops off.

Regarding the Anima Rings, we were told by a GM that it is now "working as intended", so tanks must now be broken out of every ring. I presume this doesn't include being matter swapped across 12 rings and instantly dying, but maybe it does!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlaena View Post
    AMS needs to be up when the massive casts, so the debuff isn't refreshed and drops off.

Regarding the Anima Rings, we were told by a GM that it is now "working as intended", so tanks must now be broken out of every ring. I presume this doesn't include being matter swapped across 12 rings and instantly dying, but maybe it does!
    I might understand their reasoning for not allowing tanks to get out themselves (balance purpose), but I definitely do not understand why they wouldn't allow matter swaps. It feels like a mechanic that just adds depth to the fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Trollfaced View Post
    That change doesnt make sense at all, why nullify Class Abilities for no reason? I would love to hear the reasoning behind this.
    Perhaps it was always intended that other players had to clear an exit for tanks on anima ring? It doesn't make all that much sense that warriors/druids/monks should be able to cheese the mechanic when dks and paladins can't.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Paladins and DKs have other things they can cheese, on the very same fight even.
    Brewmaster Icy-Veins Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Karlzone View Post
    I definitely do not understand why they wouldn't allow matter swaps. It feels like a mechanic that just adds depth to the fight.
    The intention could be that the tanks are not supposed to be swapped and that happening should be potentially more punishing. We can really only speculate. It is bit odd that this is even being changed at this point of the tier.

It is also hard to know whether some of these changes are merely a result of the coding being changed somewhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by inferior2 View Post
    Very odd that they would change something like that when we such a long way into the tier. Strange that their are no patch notes as well.
    also it would be very unfair to "normal" heroic raiders who do not raid 16 hours a day / 7 days a week like the world first guilds. all of those "pro guilds" killed the boss with these (old) mechanics in place...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kuku2 View Post
    Perhaps it was always intended that other players had to clear an exit for tanks on anima ring? It doesn't make all that much sense that warriors/druids/monks should be able to cheese the mechanic when dks and paladins can't.
    I 100% agree with that, but changing DA to make it harder than it already is 10 weeks after release seems a little cheeky to me.

The Matter Swap bug seems to have been fixed I think.

Quote Originally Posted by brirrspliff View Post
    also it would be very unfair to "normal" heroic raiders who do not raid 16 hours a day / 7 days a week like the world first guilds. all of those "pro guilds" killed the boss with these (old) mechanics in place...
    Off topic, but you don't have to raid that much to clear a tier in a reasonable amount of time (in this case, a couple months).

On topic, this change caught us off guard for our first few attempts. Eventually, we decided that I, a rogue, should just soak every set. Worked out well and it actually made the fight even more crazy/enjoyable for me. I kind of like this change and it only makes the fight more difficult for one person in your raid. It is definitely strange that they changed it at this point in the tier though.

I suspect this is due to a change to the way teleportation/leap effects function on a fundamental level (Disengage, Heroic Leap, Blink, Ascendance, etc.). Previously, you would be where you started until you touched the ground again, which is why you could Disengage over most ground effects without being affected while jumping did not function the same AND if something hit where you started while you were still in the air, it still hit you though you appeared to be far away. It appears now that you pass through (albeit very quickly) the space between where you start and where you land. This change is not unique to this fight (ex. the new brawler boss with a similar ring mechanic), which is why I think the abilities themselves were altered and not the boss mechanic. I'll have to do some actual testing on my hunter this week (Disengaging over spear lines on Iron Qon is the main thing I'd like to test and would prove this change outright). I did notice I was picking up some strange spear line stacks while using Shadow Step on my rogue, but I didn't pay attention enough to how I was getting them to make an informed observation.

The real concern is the changes to Lei Shen, though. On Tuesday, he was moving extremely slowly causing a minimum of 10 stacks between conduits. Melee could stay in range without any speed boost. This slightly improved last night and we were able to get him between conduits with "just" 8 stacks, though our tank said he changed up the way he was taunted, but did not go into detail. I was just barely unable to keep up without Sprint or ShS though. Apparently he is now also immune to the speed boost portion of Provoke. Contrast this to pre-patch when he was easily getting between conduits in 3-5 stacks and the Provoke speed boost did apply (though was unnecessary due to his already extremely fast speed). This is a direct and somewhat substantial buff to heroic mode.

Ring of Peace also no longer keeps Ball Lightning still. This could be because they made them immune to silence or some esoteric interaction with the new DR on RoP. If you have a DK grip, this just means you have to time your AoE stuns more precisely. If you lack a DK, this is a minor buff to the encounter. Previously, the Ball Lightning would jump into melee/RoP and just stop until RoP ended and then you could throw a stun on them and continue AoEing. Now there's not a very good way to stop, let alone group, them for AoE without a DK. Positioning so as few as possible spawn is probably going to be more important for 10man groups now, as it is for 25man groups.

The combination of these changes and the sudden, huge gear increase (gear upgrades; not complaining...) drastically change the timing of this fight for people who already have it on farm. Both DA and Lei Shen will be slightly harder for groups progressing on them post patch too, which is not cool.
    Last edited by Squirl; 2013-05-24 at 07:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirl View Post

I suspect this is due to a change to the way teleportation/leap effects function on a fundamental level (Disengage, Heroic Leap, Blink, Ascendance, etc.). Previously, you would be where you started until you touched the ground again, which is why you could Disengage over most ground effects without being affected while jumping did not function the same AND if something hit where you started while you were still in the air, it still hit you though you appeared to be far away. It appears now that you pass through (albeit very quickly) the space between where you start and where you land.
    This seems like a pretty likely reason for the new behavior. I'd like to hope that it's specific to Anima Ring (and the Rank 9 Brawler boss) and not to every mechanic. This will really suck the fun out of playing any class with a movement ability.

If anyone wants to solo up to C'thun, try blinking through that and see if you get hit.
    Minimerlinx - Kel'Thuzad (US)

<Royal Militia> - 14/14H, US22 10m, is now recruiting all classes for WoD! Apply here!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
    On topic, this change caught us off guard for our first few attempts. Eventually, we decided that I, a rogue, should just soak every set. Worked out well and it actually made the fight even more crazy/enjoyable for me. I kind of like this change and it only makes the fight more difficult for one person in your raid. It is definitely strange that they changed it at this point in the tier though.
    I filled the same role with my hunter. In the end it wasn't too bad, it meant I didn't need to keep track of every second ring and knew I had to be there on every one. If you refresh your stacks by mistake, just grap a Purity and you are good to go!

Here is a vid of it for anyone that is still progressing to see.