Ally xfer to Horde pvp

Why did so many full-time pvpers switch from ally to horde a few seasons ago? Was it the human trinket thing?

- - - Updated - - -

or maybe it had something to do with the human trinket thing?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by swineflu View Post
    or maybe it had something to do with the human trinket thing?
    Every Man for Himself is still a very viable racial used for PvP. I don't think it was that.
    Quote Originally Posted by evn View Post
    In fact, I'd argue $100 for a bottle of scotch to drink while you're building it would be the best use of your money - but then, who wouldn't?

Because aside from 40 man Bgs, Horde is statistically superior.

Quote Originally Posted by swineflu View Post
    Why did so many full-time pvpers switch from ally to horde a few seasons ago?
    A few seasons ago...as in like 3-4 seasons ago? So you're wondering why something was back in Wrath - early Cata? Idk...why care? Most top 3s teams on Arena Junkies are Alliance.

why why why? still wondering why.

Human racial EMFH is still consistently one of the best racials in game. I know Cata saw huge numbers in humans, esp towards the end of the expansion when trinkets became even more ludicrous. I've heard that horde numbers spike up in the seasons that either one of or both Warlocks & Shadow priests become strong, simply for the fear break.

On one hand human racial is best for dps while NE shadowmeld is comparable for healers. For horde, Undead is excellent for both classes and Orc for dps. That's one theory anyway.

Locks are strong now, Shadow was extremely strong before this current patch and locks are going to be insane next patch, so I expect horde numbers to remain steady or even go up.

Edit: Wanted to chime in and say that the number of people that transfer to horde specifically for Random BG reasons only will be very very few compared to people that transfer for Arena, and to a lesser extent RBG. Horde being better at non 40 man BG kinda varies from BG to BG and they all come out to be somewhat close to a 50% W/L on both sides. Random BG's are random.

10+ Year Old Account
    My Horde Battlegroup sucks kodo balls. I cannot remember the last time we won in a BG.

Quote Originally Posted by Desareon View Post
    My Horde Battlegroup sucks kodo balls. I cannot remember the last time we won in a BG.
    Exactly. My BG can sometimes see horde going losing terribly. I've gone on 15 game losing streaks and i've gone on 15 game winning streaks just as often. In the end I'm still pretty much at 50% on randoms. Slight variations where numbers are skewed in alliance's favour in Isle & AV, and horde in WSG / AB / SSM, but still close to even for me.

I've tried to see if time of day factors into the W/L on either side, but haven't been able to reach any conclusive answer yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you're talking about Tichondrious then it's because most high rated people decided to go Horde. Idk if it was because they got bored of how OP EMFH was back in cata, or because most horde races are better.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Decimation2g View Post
    Because aside from 40 man Bgs, Horde is statistically superior.
    Yes mate, "full-time" PvPrs care about random battlegrounds over racials in the Arena.

Horde have the better racials with CC being so powerful. At the start of the expansion the orc stun resist (15% reduction) with the meta would take off one second from a deep freeze shatter combo which was huge and prevented a lot of burst in 5.0 (with their additional dps on use racial and the pet damage was always nice). The forsaken extra fear break was really good too as well as the touch of the grave was a nice bonus.

Druids and shaman were good as well, and on alliance side if you aren't a human you have picked the wrong race, tauren druids and shaman were still much better with the stun and extra health. Draenei are basically a joke with racials and dwarves are only a little better.

Horde pvp racials are very good, alliance only has EMFH.

Quote Originally Posted by Every Pwny View Post
    Horde have the better racials with CC being so powerful. At the start of the expansion the orc stun resist (15% reduction) with the meta would take off one second from a deep freeze shatter combo which was huge and prevented a lot of burst in 5.0 (with their additional dps on use racial and the pet damage was always nice). The forsaken extra fear break was really good too as well as the touch of the grave was a nice bonus.

Druids and shaman were good as well, and on alliance side if you aren't a human you have picked the wrong race, tauren druids and shaman were still much better with the stun and extra health. Draenei are basically a joke with racials and dwarves are only a little better.

Horde pvp racials are very good, alliance only has EMFH.

Some inaccurate info here.

Shadowmeld is quite good for healers, for one. And warstomp is actually not considered anything other than 'decent'. Blood elves, Orcs, Undead (and even Troll to some extent) are better than war stomp for pretty much any class/comp combination.

Quote Originally Posted by gestapo View Post
    Some inaccurate info here.

Shadowmeld is quite good for healers, for one. And warstomp is actually not considered anything other than 'decent'. Blood elves, Orcs, Undead (and even Troll to some extent) are better than war stomp for pretty much any class/comp combination.
    Shadowmeld is nice to drink quicker as a healer yes (when you are being focused the half a second of invis before a dot ticks is not going to save you, and it obviously won't work through stun), you won't see many people playing night elves though other than druids (if there was human druids no one would be a nelf), it's not very good otherwise, there is no reason to be a nelf priest over a human. Warstomp can let you get fast heal off or slow melee as well as being used offensively (Not that you would be a tauren shaman when you could be an orc though) and makes taruen druids better than nelfs.

When you are min/maxing in pvp (especially with how powerful cc is in mop) horde is the obvious choice.

How has everyone forgotten this already? The reason top-level pvpers went horde this expansion was because of blood fear. It was so completely uncounterable that everyone with the option wanted to go undead. There's no good reason to be horde anymore, since shadowmeld or a second damage trinket are superior to anything horde has to offer. Notice the majority of top EU players have switched from outland horde to stormscale alliance since blood fear was reworked.

Shadowmeld is nice to drink quicker as a healer yes...
    Shadowmeld is good for healers because you can vanish cc with it. Neither human nor tauren even compare to night elves for pvp healing.

Shadowmeld is nice to drink quicker as a healer yes (when you are being focused the half a second of invis before a dot ticks is not going to save you, and it obviously won't work through stun), you won't see many people playing night elves though other than druids (if there was human druids no one would be a nelf), it's not very good otherwise, there is no reason to be a nelf priest over a human. Warstomp can let you get fast heal off or slow melee as well as being used offensively (Not that you would be a tauren shaman when you could be an orc though) and makes taruen druids better than nelfs.

When you are min/maxing in pvp (especially with how powerful cc is in mop) horde is the obvious choice.

Warstomp is actually not as good as you think. And druids are definitely better off with shadowmeld than stomp for ALL specs. Shadowmeld is such an underrated ability. You can time it to avoid cc and spells like chaos bolt etc. It's literally a game changer. Night Elf is by far the best race for pvp druids over ANY thing. I'd say worgen/tauren/troll are actually fairly even, but NE is so far ahead it's not even a debate.

As for healers in general, i've seen top priests go NE as well as human for reasons already mentioned. Horde definitely has better racials overall, but Human and NE racials are huge.

Quote Originally Posted by asb View Post
    How has everyone forgotten this already? The reason top-level pvpers went horde this expansion was because of blood fear. It was so completely uncounterable that everyone with the option wanted to go undead. There's no good reason to be horde anymore, since shadowmeld or a second damage trinket are superior to anything horde has to offer. Notice the majority of top EU players have switched from outland horde to stormscale alliance since blood fear was reworked.

Shadowmeld is good for healers because you can vanish cc with it. Neither human nor tauren even compare to night elves for pvp healing.

Exactly this. Horde numbers spike based on warlock/spriest strength due to Wotf.