10+ Year Old Account

Just started playing..

Hey guys,
    Just started playing and really enjoying it so far I bought my first champion which was Orianna and have been doing well I think so far, but have a couple of questions..

Is it normal while in the levelling process that people pick champions they have never played before? As finding it a bit hit and miss about winning games due to a couple of people on our side playing champions for the first time.. Is it the same at max level?

Secondly I know there is already a what champion should I buy thread so may ask in there instead but if I like Orianna what would be a good champion to get in case it gets picked by someone else?

Also I really like playing Ashe as well but I read people give you shit in ranked if you play Ashe? Has anyone had this?

Lastly all I play is summoners rift.. Can I just play that all the way to thirty as well as play it exclusively in ranked? as I haven't really tried the others so not sure if I should start learning them now or don't worry about it.

Oh and as a little p.s point.. Do co-op v ai count as xp win of the day?

10+ Year Old Account
    Is common to see people using champions they don't know how to use while leveling?

Yes

Is the same at max level?

No, but you will still find a couple of people doing that, and a lot when a new champion come out

What other champion should i use if i like Orianna?

Well it may change a lot, IMHO i think you should try every free champion to see with one you like so when you hit lvl 30 you will have a full team (A champion you can play support with, a carry, a tank, jungler, etc...), I love Orianna and another champion that i like a lot is Cassiopeia, and both are AP mid.... so you should try with her

Should i play Ashe in ranked, even though many people say that she's shit

Ignore them, Ashe is a really good character but i think many people think that Ashe sucks is because many people that don't know how to play use her...., but don't mind them just learn to play with her as much as you can

Can i play summoner rift until i hit lvl 30, and only play ranked there?

Yes and Yes

BTW you could try the others, Dominion (Capture torrets) is quite easy and people don't mind it too much..., ARAM is really good (5 vs 5 Random champions) you will enjoy it a lot, and don't worry people don't cry when they lose in ARAM cause is all random so is pretty common to see people with a champion they don't know how to use , Twisted Treeline... is the easy form of summoner rift, 3 vs 3 (No jungler)

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the reply Max, Appreciate it :P
    Will look into Cassiopeia
    Does ARAM work as in any champion you own or any champion period?

10+ Year Old Account
    Owned + Free Week champions.

Its owned and the free characters of the week. Its fun imo no1 really bitches at you for not knowing the correct build or anything like that and even if they do, there is a reason why riot made the mute/ignore player

Deleted
    Why are you even telling these lies?

Ashe IS shit. She is possibly the worst carry.
    Every other carry has a far superior toolkit and doesnt move at a snail's pace.

---------- Post added 2013-05-24 at 10:57 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Morben View Post
    Its owned and the free characters of the week. Its fun imo no1 really bitches at you for not knowing the correct build or anything like that and even if they do, there is a reason why riot made the mute/ignore player
    Yes, ignore people who are better than you and clearly DO know how to play. Smart. Forever Bronze 5 aye?

Dominion is the best map to practice dueling.
    Aram is the best place to practice teamfighting.

Lastly, L2P more than mids. Or you're going to have a very bad time.
    A VERY bad time.
    Last edited by mmoc878ebd00c0; 2013-05-24 at 11:03 PM.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trafalgarlaw View Post
    Why are you evYes, ignore people who are better than you and clearly DO know how to play. Smart. Forever Bronze 5 aye?

A VERY bad time.
    Well, the LoL-community is ... not the best ... most people tell you "OMG YOU SUCH A N00B!!!" instead of telling you what you did wrong and what would make more sense ... that drives a lot of people away.

OT Ashe: it could change in one or two patches, some champions were suddenly useful after such a change. Suddenly Varus is shit and Ashe is the Champion of the day. Better learn the tactics and timings, making own experiences.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vemynal View Post
    Well, the LoL-community is ... not the best ... most people tell you "OMG YOU SUCH A N00B!!!" instead of telling you what you did wrong and what would make more sense ... that drives a lot of people away.

OT Ashe: it could change in one or two patches, some champions were suddenly useful after such a change. Suddenly Varus is shit and Ashe is the Champion of the day. Better learn the tactics and timings, making own experiences.
    Yeah right. Nothing short of a full remake will make her good. And if that was going to happen, it wouldve happened in the freljord patch.

10+ Year Old Account
    A VERY bad time.
    Oh I am definitely going to learn more than mid, I want to learn all the lanes as well but doing it one at a time so I can be decent in each role with at least 2 different champs/more if I can.

Thanks for the advice guys I appreciate it all

Deleted
    Is it normal while in the levelling process that people pick champions they have never played before?
    Some players, like me, play a few Coop vs AI games with a new champion before using it in normals. Others however don't think they can learn much from doing that and directly play normal. On level 30 that number should be less, because players also have greater champion pools, but you might still meet some "first time X" players.

Do co-op v ai count as xp win of the day?
    Yes.

I think it's advantageous to just ride the free champs untill you find those you like to play and then buy.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

Every week there are the 10 free champions, so you should try them out as well before spending IP or RP and buying them.

I think Zyra, Lux and Morgana have similar kits or playstyles to Orianna, check them out.

Ashe is not bad, it's a good champion to learn positioning as a adc, however you don't see people play her because she has no escapes.

Most people only play Summoner's Rift, the other maps are not as popular but they are fun too. Yes you get Win of the day bonus on CO op v AI.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilz View Post
    Well in the world of soloq where games are often decided in the early/mid stages, yeah Ashe is far from ideal. Personally I would suggest learning Varus over Ashe because he can dominate his lane and still has a very good ult for team fights.
    Ashe is fine. She's a safe pick, despite her lack of added mobility. It's best to play her safely and farm, which your Hawkshot facilitates. At level 9, her 4-second Volley is perfectly respectable. She has an ultimate great for skirmishes and fights, and her range is among the highest in the game.

Her early/mid game damage is pretty low compared to all of the other ADCs. Even at 9 she only has one ability besides her ult that helps her damage, which makes her damage very low compared to other ADCs until she gets items.
    She's not THAT bad, she is item and quite importantly TEAM dependent. Her ulti is amazing as well.

Why are you even telling these lies?

Ashe IS shit. She is possibly the worst carry.
    Every other carry has a far superior toolkit and doesnt move at a snail's pace.

---------- Post added 2013-05-24 at 10:57 PM ----------

Yes, ignore people who are better than you and clearly DO know how to play. Smart. Forever Bronze 5 aye?

Dominion is the best map to practice dueling.
    Aram is the best place to practice teamfighting.

A VERY bad time.
    I was just refering to the people that just yell at you for not knowing the "perfect build", instead of the people trying to help you with your build there is quite the difference.

Her early/mid game damage is pretty low compared to all of the other ADCs. Even at 9 she only has one ability besides her ult that helps her damage, which makes her damage very low compared to other ADCs until she gets items.
    That's why she has range, extra gold, and slows - to be able to reach those subsequent stages. I think she's a safer pick in many situations than Vayne, who is a popular choice. Don't underestimate her passive, which was buffed recently.

Besides, the idea behind each AD carry is very similar - earn as much gold as you can to be able to deal as much damage as possible while sustaining as little damage as you can. Unless we're talking Urgot and Ezreal, who build to deal more damage with their abilities for a lot of the game, carries almost entirely comprise auto attacks, provided they're allowed to attack freely.

Later in the game, Ashe is stronger than people think. The guaranteed first crit and 4-second Volleys aside, having 50 or 75 extra range versus the enemy carry can mean a free attack or two before they have the chance to respond.

She has some range, but she isn't the longest ranged ADC. Her slows aren't effective against a lot of divers because she is dead if she gets CCed. Extra gold sounds nice, but giving up the ability to bully people in lane means you cant get a gold advantage that way.

ADCs are just like top laners and mid laners where they want to win their lane. In soloq the bot lane is the lane most likely to have one side win rather than both go even. Graves, Draven, Ezreal, MF, Varus, and Caitlyn are all champions that can be powerful in lane at early levels. So it's pretty common for Ashe to lose in damage by default.

Late game ADCs don't really duel each other that much and you cant say that Ashe automatically gets a free attack. Normally when I see ADCs actually fight each other late game, it's the one that gets the surprise that wins.
    Champions by Range
    The only AD carry whose range is higher by default is Caitlyn. Tristana's becomes greater at level 7, while Kog'Maw and Twitch are only longer-ranged temporarily. Varus comes close at 575, but most other carries stand at 550.

With Ashe, you don't have to "win your lane" and snowball - passive farming is preferable and more conducive to her play style. Her arsenal enables her to play safely - have Janna support you, be aware of river activity and you'll be untouchable, for the most part.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't forget that some champions can still outrange her with abilities, most notably Varus.

Additionally, because of Hawkshot - assuming the laning goes even - you'll be ahead of the enemy AD in gold.