Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    It's a generic rule of thumb, and if you find an example of fans where this doesn't apply I would very much like to know which.
    Stupid simple example would be default Intel CPU fan that ships with socket1155 processors...

Motor and support brackets are on the side where the air is pulled from, air on that is pushed down which you can see from the convex fan blades. I've also seen case fans built this way on older computers, but couldn't find any pictures in less tha a minute.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah but for this instance in this thread the pictures I used as examples applied :P Which is really all that matters.

Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    Stupid simple example would be default Intel CPU fan that ships with socket1155 processors...
    Point taken. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Saithes View Post
    Yeah but for this instance in this thread the pictures I used as examples applied :P Which is really all that matters.
    Arrows on the frame of the fans is sure way to know the direction of airflow and rotation instead of relying on voodoo with the motor support brackets. If there are no arrows then you can go into more advanced diagnosis.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Arrows on the frame of the fans is sure way to know the direction of airflow and rotation instead of relying on voodoo with the motor support brackets. If there are no arrows then you can go into more advanced diagnosis.
    Yeah except the arrow is on the bottom of the fan typically.. If its already installed that means uninstalling it :P Besides.. You linked a fixed fan that can't even be reoriented. Majority of modern fans follow the generalization with the frame and motor being the direction of airflow.

Are you arguing for the sake of arguing? Because honestly you really didn't provide anything to the thread that hasn't already been established considering the OP found his answer thanks to me
    Last edited by Saithes; 2013-05-26 at 06:05 PM.

Yeah except the arrow is on the bottom of the fan typically..
    1/4 chance for that according to basic math.

You linked a fixed fan that can't even be reoriented.
    All it takes is one example to prove you wrong.

Are you arguing for the sake of arguing? Because honestly you really didn't provide anything to the thread that hasn't already been established considering the OP found his answer thanks to me
    You're awfully smug for a person who ended up with right answer for all the wrong reasons. And werent even the first poster with the right answer.
    Trolling should be.

10+ Year Old Account
    1/4 chance for that according to basic math.
    Yet the OP put the fan with the wire facing downward... this would mean he would have to uninstall to even check.

All it takes is one example to prove you wrong.
    Congratulations, you are still arguing for the sake of arguing. If anyone is smug here it's you.. Do you feel your epeen growing by disproving something in a thread where the original poster has already found his answer?

The OP wanted to know the most optimal setup... I, along with others explained to him the most optimal setup so the reasons as to which he posted this thread have been fulfilled. How is this by any means the wrong reason if the OP received his answer/solution?

Besides, I used a reference that related to the original poster and his setup seeing as he wanted an answer that applied to HIS setup.
    Last edited by Saithes; 2013-05-26 at 07:23 PM.

Can we stop the back and forth please? It is not helpful to the OP whatsoever.