Poll: How do you react?

Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

A new gun range is opening up in your area, what is your reaction?

A brand new shooting range is opening up in your area, how do you react (if at all)?

10+ Year Old Account
    meh... whatever
    then again i live in Charleston, SC so there are 10-11 within the tricounty area... according to google maps that is
    Last edited by Tierbook; 2013-05-25 at 01:14 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

I wouldn't care at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Sweet, hope they have a decent selection, I'd like to check it out.

Indoor or outdoor?

10+ Year Old Account
    I would hope that they didn't charge $30/hr like all the other public ranges around here...

I'd only care if it were near a school. Otherwise, cool, I guess.

What's your reaction Arctic?
    It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it is just fine. Couldn't care less as long as everything is met according to regulations.
    "There is no teacher but the enemy. No one but the enemy will tell you what the enemy is going to do. No one but the enemy will ever teach you how to destroy and conquer. Only the enemy shows you where you are weak. Only the enemy tells you where he is strong. And the rules of the game are what you can do to him and what you can stop him from doing to you." -Mazer Rackham - Ender's Game Orson Scott Card

10+ Year Old Account
    lol @ the option "foreigner."

Over/under on how long it takes before someone complains about the wording of the poll choices?

EDIT: Nevermind....it's already done.

Good, give them a try, if prices are decent and place is nice spread the word of mouth.

Somewhere close, less driving

There's already a perfectly good one in my area that just finished a series of upgrades. I'd wonder why someone was building another one after that.

If it's private, I'd be indifferent.
    If it's another county range, I'd be mad that they'd waste money on a second (unless it's at the other end of the county, but then not quite "in my area")

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rethul Ur No View Post
    Over/under on how long it takes before someone complains about the wording of the poll choices?

EDIT: Nevermind....it's already done.
    I didn't complain, I loled. Get it right bro.

Deleted
    I live in the UK and they're not that big of a deal here.

I have two near my home so I'm not fussed. The furthest I shoot out to is 1000m and both of my local ones go out that far, so it's not going to be anything new if someone else opened a range.

i don't intend to murder, so i don't like guns. i don't like gun ranges either. guns are not tools, nor pieces of sports equipment, but weapons designed to kill.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm tall, and thin, with a bright red head but strike me once and I'm black instead...
    There's no option for, "Awesome! But - only ONE new range? 2 or 3 would be better..."

10+ Year Old Account
    I dislikes it as we already have 2 here on the island, which is enough.

15+ Year Old Account
    Would be worthless for me, I can go hunting anytime I want, would be a waste of money where I live.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Wouldn't care at all. Vast majority of people with guns are responsible and if I'm going to get shot by some nut case or robbed and shot I doubt the gun range will change that person's mind one way or the other.

15+ Year Old Account
    would be cool the nearest range to here is an indoor only and has some strict rules no rapid fire kinda sucks but found one thats not too far out that has an out door range
    Well then get your shit together.
    Get it all together. And put it in a backpack. All your shit. So it’s together. And if you gotta take it somewhere, take it somewhere, you know, take it to the shit store and sell it, or put it in a shit museum, I don’t care what you do, you just gotta get it together.
    Get your shit together

*Head off desk*

Threads like this make my brain hurt. What does a gun range have to do with anything? Its like arguing to close company who produce targets....

Far-Right: We don't wan't to close your gun ranges. We don't even want your guns to go...They are not the issue....we want to set up reliable processes to stop/reduce the number of guns in the hands of the irresponsible, the violent, the mentally impaired and the criminals. We are sorry this causes slight inconveniences in your day to day lives, really it sucks - we all hate it but sometimes we just gotta do this shit for the common good. It's the only thing we can think of and whats going on now isn't good enough.

Far-Left: Shut the fuck up. Stop attacking the Far-Right, your just making things worse. Stop focusing on inane bullshit, like gun ranges, 3d printers, targets and whatever else you latched onto today and smarten the fuck up. Focus on the real issues and put your massive ego to work fixing the world instead of just bitching about what everyone else is doing.

All you other reasonable people who arn't glued to the opposing walls:

In the off chance I'm calling this wrong and the OP actually just wants opinions on gun ranges with no ulterior motive/agenda - I would be upset if it opened close enough to my home that the noise were an issue or if the range in any way did not properly store their equipment or vet their customers to ensure they are responsible enthusiasts. Barring those, I would be fine with it. I can see how people would enjoy it - even if it has no appeal to me personally.