return of toonami

toonami has been getting more and more shows that are not reruns. they just recently got one peice and are getting sword art online to air this summer. this seems like an awesome decision and will bring in millions of views am sure of it. SAO may not be a flawless anime but it sure as hell can get a massive audience.fairy tail would be a great addition to the channel. more anime in the state would be so beneficial.

do you watch toonami. do you think toonami is doing the right thing.
    HAKUNA MATATA... IT MEANS NO WORRIES FOR THE REST OF YOUR DAYS

And it'll cost $360 to get SAO on Blu Ray, $160 for the series on DVD.

15+ Year Old Account
    Where the bad salad is kept crisp on ice.
    Better SAO than another western show. Capitalizing on the MMO community among the general audience is a good move. I just wish the dub was better, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by pucGG View Post
    He's riding to work, he's not escaping from a star destroyer

10+ Year Old Account
    Didn't Toonami get taken off of Sky T.V.? I really enjoyed the channel and I was devistated when it vanished

It seems it's back on Adult Swim, but it looks like Toonami is bundled in with Adult Swim, which is, in turn, bundled up in Cartoon Network?
    It's always been Wankershim!
    My Brand!

Quote Originally Posted by Aeka View Post
    And it'll cost $360 to get SAO on Blu Ray, $160 for the series on DVD.
    yea that makes no sense at all. i just get dvd rips. wish i could by them because i would b supporting the author. cant add those expensive box sets to my collection i stick to my 70$ limit.
    HAKUNA MATATA... IT MEANS NO WORRIES FOR THE REST OF YOUR DAYS

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I at the very least Tivo some of it.

And yeah Fairy Tail would indeed be perfect for it..

I also would like it if they got Isekai Seikishi no Monogatari AKA Tenchi Muyo War on Geminar...Gundam 00 wouod aldo be a good pickup for them id they could.

Tbh I'd love to see Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou but probably too mhch fanservice..Also would be Kickass if the got Needless but not sure that one would truly fit TBH.

---------- Post added 2013-05-25 at 01:54 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Theodon View Post
    Didn't Toonami get taken off of Sky T.V.? I really enjoyed the channel and I was devistated when it vanished

It seems it's back on Adult Swim, but it looks like Toonami is bundled in with Adult Swim, which is, in turn, bundled up in Cartoon Network?
    Pretty sure Toonami has ALWAYS been part of CN...Though I think back in the day they had thought about going with a spinoff network ala Boomerang.

Hell I once came up with a way for them to do that show subs and old school toonami shows as well as a late night block.

basically make it so subtitle d shows are part of a sub block called somethong like "Toonami Translator" and old school would be tom basically picking up old transmissions could even have him mqke jokes about what he used to look like.

then late night can be Midnight Run with saturday morning being morning run and hell for kids agterschool could even swing a Meguzi thing by sayong meguzi was people watching Toms broadcast.

that would cover most of the bases needed I think LOL. To bad it will likely never happen...

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Pretty sure Toonami has ALWAYS been part of CN...Though I think back in the day they had thought about going with a spinoff network ala Boomerang.

Hell I once came up with a way for them to do that show subs and old school toonami shows as well as a late night block.

basically make it so subtitle d shows are part of a sub block called somethong like "Toonami Translator" and old school would be tom basically picking up old transmissions could even have him mqke jokes about what he used to look like.

then late night can be Midnight Run with saturday morning being morning run and hell for kids agterschool could even swing a Meguzi thing by sayong meguzi was people watching Toms broadcast.

that would cover most of the bases needed I think LOL. To bad it will likely never happen...
    Call me confused

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoYnuyTUG5s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    Oh was judt stating shows I wish toonami would air as well as a list of ways they could make a 24/7 toonami

i hope they add fairy tale. that would be so awesome! love toonami!

10+ Year Old Account
    Isn't Toonami on Cartoon Network? That's gonna raise a few eyebrows when the last episode of SAO airs and someones' parent is sitting there watching it with them. . .

it's kind of an extension of adult swim. it's like adult swim, anime night

Quote Originally Posted by Rainec View Post
    Better SAO than another western show. Capitalizing on the MMO community among the general audience is a good move. I just wish the dub was better, though.
    The only show i've found where the dub is better, is dragonball Z. Though to be honest the dub of berserk isn't terrible.

I recognize the reason for the female thing voicing the Japanese goku. But dear god...no..just no.
    Last edited by prwraith; 2013-05-25 at 04:16 AM.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodon View Post

What? Toonami and Adult Swim are and have always been CN blocks.

No, I don't watch Toonami. Anime isn't my thing.

it's unfortunate though that it's so late. I liked catching a solid block of anime in the mid-afternoon. Though it's irrelevant now with anime being so readily available online.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

10+ Year Old Account
    We have a Toonami thread here: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1133626