Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Misleading title, it really should read "I (OP), am the problem."

Seriously, Blizzard will make this game what they feel is the best version of the game possible. Of course, they will listen to community feedback to make certain decisions, and the rest they will make on their own. Deal with it, the game is what it is, and believe it or not, World of Warcraft doesn't owe you anything.

Now, obviously the endless stream of people complaining will never cease, this is just the nature of the industry, but it really is a drag. If you don't like WoW, then don't play it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sturmbringe View Post
    However, if the game keeps losing subs like everybody expect it to, somebody is gonna have to be the scapegoat for it and it sure as hell ain't gonna be Tom Chilton/Kalgan or someone else from the "Old Boys".
    oh you better believe it will be. i will make sure he takes the fall for it. that failure should never have been hired.

Quote Originally Posted by loki504 View Post
    like we care you left with 1,500,000 other players. you only need around 300k players to have a healthy mmo. so there still plently of players who can leave:P
    By no means WoW can remain enjoyable with 300k subs considering the current server structure. Half of the existing realms are already unplayable on atleast one side because of underpopulation.

You dont seem to like WoW anymore. Looks like you are the problem huh?
    Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    For more overused and misunderstood terminology in MMOs, see: Pay to Win, Casual, Hardcore, Carrot on a Stick, Ganking, Trolling

Quote Originally Posted by Metallikiddd View Post
    oh you better believe it will be. i will make sure he takes the fall for it. that failure should never have been hired.
    These forums never fail to provide some of the most creepy and ridiculous people I've ever seen.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

I agree that ever since this guy took over, he basicly ruined the social aspect of this game and many more things. Look at it this way, while he is destroying WoW he at least isn't working on Titan.

I am the the 1%. Am I white, or am I black? The truth is I am both and in so being, I am neither..
    Quote Originally Posted by Outofmana View Post
    I agree that ever since this guy took over, he basicly ruined the social aspect of this game and many more things. Look at it this way, while he is destroying WoW he at least isn't working on Titan.

The problem I have is that I would of probably played Titan, but because Blizzard has let this individual run wild; I can't in good faith play their next MMO when there's a possibility he eventually may come over. I dealt with that on WoW, never again. When the current MMO runs it's course I'll just quit.

That said though, and I may be playing Devil's Advocate here..

Could any of us of done better? Sure I like to think I could of, but could we REALLY of done better? And also is this thread really going to solve anything? I just don't know if it's constructive. Criticism I'm all for giving, but the Thread Title feels empathically more like a rant post. :\
    Last edited by The Penguin; 2013-05-26 at 05:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Suizid View Post
    What I don't get is it why everyone uses Cataclysm heroics as example.. WotLK had much harder heroics at beginning. I don't even remember cata heroics being hard at any point.
    I agree, Wrath heroics were fun and a good challenge. Especially trying to get the achieves. Still on Less-rabi :/
    Quote Originally Posted by notorious98 View Post
    I hear in order to get the browser attunement, you first had to run heroic Internet.

Scapegoating is fun.

And your opinion about Activision is also just wrong, as has been stated by Blizzard several times. They don't have any direct influence on the game's development at all. At least not in the world of reality.

In the OP's world, Ghostcrawler is a tyrant forcing all of the changes of the game onto anybody, completely ignoring the teams of people they have, or any other lead developers. And Activision is directly telling Ghostcrawler what to do.

It, of course, is just absolute nonsense.

I could talk about the fact that time sinks have been in the game since Vanilla, or the faulty reasoning behind his LFR bitching. But with somebody who is just basically making things up to be upset about, its just not worth it.

Misleading title, it really should read "I (OP), am the problem."
    This really hits the nail on the head. Basically since the OP posted this thread filled with fallacies and just incorrect information and has yet to post again in it. Leads me to think he has no desire to do anything other than bitch about a false perception.

---------- Post added 2013-05-26 at 05:58 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Metallikiddd View Post
    Because you have any influence in this at all, whatsoever, right?

My god. Some people, man.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2013-05-26 at 05:59 PM.

I don't solely blame Ghostcrawler for the game's problems, he has evidently shown some common sense over the years but he and his team seem cannot seem to make up their minds on how to emulate the success of original WoW in today's day and age. I hope they at least learned that dailies are not the answer.

My biggest problem with wow at the moment is that is changes way too much - not in the terms of new content but in the terms of one day i work out my class, all of it's abilities then the next day they alter the rotation, remove abilities, change others and add new ones. Usually this means i just have to readjust (shaman totems) but sometimes it means i don't enjoy the class anymore and have to change (shadow priest no longer heals+mana battery) >.<

I hate that blizzard deciding to nerf a class has more of an impact on if i under or over perform than gearing up and learning my class -.-

I was frankly kind of shocked to see no mention of Vanilla in this rant.

GC has ruined the game for far too long, firing him won't fix all the damage he has done throughout the years. It would take long time to repair the game...

you blame one person for the whole teams work, hes just a spokesman......you are the problem with wow, not him, its crying players who do nothing but whine who ruin this game. you can always stop playing but then what would you complain about....some life you live, enjoy it kid

Quote Originally Posted by Arothand View Post
    I think this hits all the usual points, right?

* Saying 10/25 should be separate again
    * LFG/LFR sucks
    * Cata heroics were good because they were "hard" like TBC
    * MoP heroics are awful because they're "too easy"
    * Dailies are terrible (okay I agree with this one)
    * Use of "Activi$ion" as derogatory
    * Ghostcrawler is terrible and should be fired

Sounds like every other "I don't like the game but think its my right to complain about things that the majority like" post. Nothing to see here.
    If we didn't just lose millions of players I'd agree with you, but something is wrong with the game and anyone's guess is just as good as the next persons.

So you're just blowing smoke.
    Looking to refund your Warlords of Draenor purchase? Contact Support chat directly - here.

OP I agree with your post 110%! It's about time someone else said it. However GC never did know wtf he was doing. He's a freaking Marine Biologist turned game designer..... Sure he worked on a few PC games..... That still doesn't make him a good fit for the position. While it's not only his fault.... Focusing a MMO game on casuals.....the people most likely to leave and never return. It's never worked and it's never going too. You focus on the players really playing the game and focusing on adding more new players like them.

Instead we now have World of Derpcraft.

Back in BC you didn't have LFR or LFD. Sure it took some time to find groups and guilds. However it was a journey and you made friends along the way. You had guilds progressing threw all different stages of the game. Everyone had a place. You got what you earned and you had fun at it. I'm still with the same 30 people I played with back in BC. I promise they will all agree.

I want WoW set back to BC standards. Keep the pet battles. Hell even keep LFD ( However make them find and complete the instance. Before ever being aloud to queue up for it.) Get rid of CRZ, LRF, and be done with it. Sure some people will leave. However you'll be left with a good strong player base to rebuild off of.
    Last edited by Gamerguy3223; 2013-05-27 at 03:31 PM.

MMOC is the world host for rabies, good luck with your post, tho i agree with what you've said.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerguy3223 View Post
    OP I agree with your post 110%! It's about time someone else said it. However GC never did know wtf he was going. He's a freaking Marine Biologist turned gamer. Sure he worked on a few PC games..... That still doesn't make him a good fit for the position. While it's not only his fault.... Focusing a MMO game on casuals.....the people most likely to leave and never return. It's never worked and it's never going too. You focus on the players really playing the game and focusing on adding more new players like them.

World of Derpcraft is what I call your and the OP's opening post.
    Why? Go ahead and deliver hard proof of what in the game is GC's direct responsibility and decision. And as long as you cannot provide that, all you do is accusing without anything to back it up.
    Your knowledge of business structure of a company the size of Blizzard is actually amazingly non existent.

If you guys had any clue whatsoever, you'd criticize these men:
    Michael Morhaime (president and co-founder)
    Frank Pearce (vice president and co-founder)
    Rob Pardo (Chief Creative Officer)
    Chris Metzen (senior vice president of Story and Franchise Development)

THOSE are the guys who make the key decisions. They are the ones who really have the say about what's going on and what not. GC is a small figure.. He's a step or two above a supervisor.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerguy3223 View Post
    OP I agree with your post 110%! It's about time someone else said it. However GC never did know wtf he was doing. He's a freaking Marine Biologist turned game designer..... Sure he worked on a few PC games..... That still doesn't make him a good fit for the position. While it's not only his fault.... Focusing a MMO game on casuals.....the people most likely to leave and never return. It's never worked and it's never going too. You focus on the players really playing the game and focusing on adding more new players like them.

Back in BC you didn't have LFR or LFD. Sure it took some time to find groups and guilds. However it was a journey and you made friends along the way. You had guilds progressing threw all different stages of the game. Everyone had a place. You got what you earned and you had fun at it. I'm still with the same 30 people I played with back in BC. I promise they will all agree.

I want WoW set back to BC standards. Keep the pet battles. Hell even keep LFD ( However make them find and complete the instance. Before ever being aloud to queue up for it.) Get rid of CRZ, LRF, and be done with it. Sure some people will leave. However you'll be left with a good strong player base to rebuild off of.
    You realize the developers who made the game it was in BC are the same as now, right?

You guys need to understand something: the game was never supposed to last this long and have this many players.

Because of that, the game had to evolve to CURRENT MARKET standards.

But I know you'll just respond to my post saying how I'm wrong and yada yada.

That's what you get when you try reason with a brick wall unfortunately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Transorcers, Warlords in disguise.
    Writer and journalist for Adventures In Poor Taste (http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com/)

So you're complaining, and not actually coming up with any ideas on how to make the game better?