Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ...
5
13
14
15
16
LastLast
  1. #281
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamerguy3223 View Post
    I want WoW set back to BC standards. Keep the pet battles. Hell even keep LFD ( However make them find and complete the instance. Before ever being aloud to queue up for it.) Get rid of CRZ, LRF, and be done with it. Sure some people will leave. However you'll be left with a good strong player base to rebuild off of.
    Really? Really? You know what might happen with this LFD change you are proposing? People will just run the dungeon just once with friends or quildmates and then hit LFD. The people who comes much much later in the game will be stuck because there will be less people to group with because more and more are in LFD already. These people will probably never do the dungeons because there will be less people available to queue with. So they are stuck.

    And if you need to recruit people, well, there are now less geared people in the recruitment pool. So back to BC's style of poaching from other guilds. But then you do want to return to this.

    And you think GC does not know what his doing.

  2. #282
    Quote Originally Posted by Schadow View Post
    Although I do agre with you on many parts OP, I do not blame Greg for the decisions that have been made for this game. Greg just voices what is going to happen and explains why, but he does not make these up, I doubt every single idea comes from him. I rather point towards Blizzard as a whole than towards one man.

    To say it is Activision is also a tad different. I think though it has something to do with that for this reason more. When Blizzard was with Vivendi, WoW was more known among players who have heard or played Warcraft before or any other kind of Blizzard game, most usually the North Americans. This is also where the game was released the first time and was more known. There was barely to no advertisement in Europe, at least not in my parts. But before WotLK was released, when Blizzard decided to cut off with Vivendi and go with Activision, there were huge advertisements and commercials, even on national TV, they appaered, announcing the new expansion.

    This attracted a bucketload of new people who suddenly saw it as a commercial and with those, they voice their opinions as well. I think this is what changed and why the game has gone into this state more specifically.

    My thoughts though, if I'm wrong, shoot me. Note that I had no idea if there was any advertisement for WoW of Vanilla and TBC in (North) America.

    Blizz is still with Vivendi; Viv bought Activision and merged them(blizz and act), end of story.

  3. #283
    I am Murloc! ringpriest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Vacating
    Posts
    5,112
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukahn View Post
    Could any of us of done better? Sure I like to think I could of, but could we REALLY of done better? And also is this thread really going to solve anything? I just don't know if it's constructive. Criticism I'm all for giving, but the Thread Title feels empathically more like a rant post. :\
    Yes. We could have done better. Just look at the quote from him in my sig. Anyone who can say that after making the changes he is responsible for to specs, talents, and glyphs is not qualified to have significant input into the direction of a major game franchise. He's either lying to his customers, or clueless about how the game he's administering works.

  4. #284
    I am Murloc! Conscious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    South Boston, MA.
    Posts
    5,001
    Quote Originally Posted by usiris View Post
    Blizz is still with Vivendi; Viv bought Activision and merged them(blizz and act), end of story.
    ...And if currently looking to sell them off.
    Looking to refund your Warlords of Draenor purchase? Contact Support chat directly - here.

  5. #285
    Brewmaster Sarithus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    1,253
    Quote Originally Posted by Arothand View Post
    I think this hits all the usual points, right?

    * Saying 10/25 should be separate again
    * LFG/LFR sucks
    * Cata heroics were good because they were "hard" like TBC
    * MoP heroics are awful because they're "too easy"
    * Dailies are terrible (okay I agree with this one)
    * Use of "Activi$ion" as derogatory
    * Ghostcrawler is terrible and should be fired

    Sounds like every other "I don't like the game but think its my right to complain about things that the majority like" post. Nothing to see here.
    What's your point? MoP Heroics ARE too easy. I don't think anyone would disagree with that. They are also, for the majority, pointless.
    My Warrior
    Arms Proving Grounds Guide
    When you walk among the Black Forest...you will see.

  6. #286
    Herald of the Titans Adoxe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Temple of Karabor
    Posts
    2,572
    All I hear is QQ, QQ, QQ and more QQ. Deal with it, they're the designers, they will do what they feel like doing. The game has 8+ million subs still and as long as it stays above 1.5-3mil subs they will keep doing the same thing they're doing. Ghostcrawler is not the one responsible for every single department btw so please stop blaming him for everything.

  7. #287
    i agree with a lot of what you said, but the reason is because you and i aren't the target audience for wow anymore, havent been since wrath. although i don't think you can lay the blame at GC's feet, at least not by what he says on twitter. he is in public view and is censored no doubt.

  8. #288
    I agree with many of your points especially the valor cap, why does it exist? Who knows...let the keeners go nuts and finish their valor grind in 3 weeks if they want to, who cares!

    With that said ill reply to 2 things I cannot agree with:

    I don't know if people realize this or not, but this game used to be considered a MMORPG. A "Massive Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game", now it's a OLCG (Online Loot Collecting Game). He's taken away the feeling of massive by making travel nearly instant for anywhere you want to go, and he's taken away the term multiplayer by putting in so much solo crap and less dependent on other players that you can literally play your character and obtain BiS LFR gear without every speaking to another person in the game. The only exception: You might need some help on Change of Command. Maybe a tank has solo'd it before, but I don't know.
    The first mainstream MMORPG had instant travel for anywhere you want to go, REAL instant travel, not just sort of instant travel like wow has. If I want to go to the harpy spawn in the north east corner of barrens what are my instant travel options? There are none. Instant travel doesn't hurt games. Long travel is a boring, horrible time sink that nobody has ever wanted in video games before. It was a failed idea that so many of the first "3d" mmorpgs adopted and we are seeing it go out the window. Thank god. You know what makes a good community and MMO feel? Having good meeting locations, places players want to go to meet up, trade, chat, etc. Having places people want to go to pvp, want to go to pve, want to go to play in a massively multiplayer environment. Tell me exactly how sitting on a wyvern alt tabbed looking at reddit for 5 minutes betters a games community or MMORPG feel? Tell me exactly how autorunning through the forest getting to where you want, occasionally being annoyed by some mob 1/10th your level knocking you off your horse betters a games community or MMORPG feel? They don't, they're just time sinks. Horribly boring ones at that, and I hope to never have to take another flight path on my main again.

    Nerfing Cataclysm Heroics: Why? People had to put CC back on their Action Bars and people actually had to not stand in fire or they would die? I absolutely loved Cataclysm Heroics because they required the use of SIMPLE, I mean MIND NUMBINGLY SIMPLE techniques to kill trash and bosses. People would have gotten over it and once they outgeared it, it would've gotten incredibly easier. Instead, you nerfed it from the get go and turned them into a joke.
    I find most people who still have a big crew playing this game feel this way, while someone like me feels the opposite. Everyone I know from vanilla has quit, with the exception of (currently) 2 players. All 3 of us are now super casual and the odds we'll be on at the same time are low. So that's my pool. I have no interest in joining a serious guild because I don't raid or competitively pvp, and sometimes I simply don't log on for days or weeks at a time if I have other interests that are heavily outweighing wow.

    What im getting at is the VAST majority of the time I am using LFD. LFD in early cataclysm played a big role in my quitting for upwards of a year. I played for about 2 months before hanging my hat until 4.3. What was one of the main pain points? Queueing up for a heroic to gain a bit of valor, and having to deal with the other 4 players in the instance not knowing the fights. Wiping constantly. Going afk constantly when the content at the start of cat, when everyone was in green quest gear, was tough and it wasn't easy to do with 4 players. I wasn't the one standing in fire. I wasn't the one that didn't know the fights. I wasn't the one with zero enchants or gems or blue rep gear. But I WAS the one who had to deal with all that bullshit, and spend 90 minutes clearing a heroic with multiple wipes, for what...a piece of blue gear and a bit of valor? No thanks. Not gonna happen. And it didn't. 4.3 heroics were much improved, in my humble opinion.

  9. #289
    The point of making individual loot in LFR wasn't to encourage afk-ing, it was implemented to eliminate loot going to the wrong hands, like, for example, people who went afk (which they did just the same before as they do now). And it works.

    Agree with too many gate/capping restrictions at the start of the expansion, though they are still experimenting stuff.

    Blaming GC for talking sense, or at least having the patience to deal with people who are blind to the fact that wow will never please everyone - is not a good idea, imo.

  10. #290
    I am Murloc! Conscious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    South Boston, MA.
    Posts
    5,001
    Quote Originally Posted by Tolkien View Post
    The point of making individual loot in LFR wasn't to encourage afk-ing, it was implemented to eliminate loot going to the wrong hands, like, for example, people who went afk (which they did just the same before as they do now). And it works.

    Agree with too many gate/capping restrictions at the start of the expansion, though they are still experimenting stuff.

    Blaming GC for talking sense, or at least having the patience to deal with people who are blind to the fact that wow will never please everyone - is not a good idea, imo.
    What most people can't explain is why, for the sake of the game, do they keep pushing things that the community just doesn't receive well?

    They had plenty of chances to right the ship at the beginning of the expansion, when it came to the grief from dailies, reputation, etc. - But for some reason they just didn't, as if to spite us. If that's the game they want to play, then fine, by all means - it's not my game to design right?

    I love how irritated and shocked they seem to act when quarter after quarter has yielded nothing but losses, when in fact if they would just tone down the arrogance in their design philosophy, they would have more success with how the playerbase, and former playerbase, receives their game.

    On the upside it's not like it could get any worse?
    Looking to refund your Warlords of Draenor purchase? Contact Support chat directly - here.

  11. #291
    The Patient Baskrik's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Ruhrarea
    Posts
    269
    I have to agree, that the mop Heroics are a joke. I would really like to see them beeing heroic, and not what we had in mop so far. I really hate the way you bullrush through the heroics, its a brainless run (not the players the requirement). I was really hoping that we get good heroics in cata, but then, there where the nerfs, and there was no need to cc and concentrate really hard.
    I agree, there should be something to do for the people that have not that much time. LFr, LFG normals and normal szenarios should be good enough. But people who want to play a bit more, and have a little challenge should not be able to rush through a heroic. I am not saying there should be hours of trash. But there should be cc and If a damage dealers pulls instead of the tank or gets aggro he should die as a result. Standing in the fire too long should also result in death.

    I like the aproach to scale down the gear in challenge mode, that should be done in heroics. (I am not a fun of blind rush through, not my way of playing, and sadly havent enough expirience in challenge mode) The scaling seen in guild wars is great, i would love to see that in every zone. (put together the questsystem of wow and gw2, would be great imo)

    Cross realm zones are a great idea, we can see it in guild wars 2. But the big difference is, you cant mob steal, or steal nodes. everyone gets credit if he hit a mob. Bosses even give you credit for your part in it. So if you just get there and hit one time, you just get a small reward. if you are there and heal your ass off, you get a gold reward. you are actually happy when there is a nother player in your quest area. you autamatically run around together (there is no need for a group, since buffs work like auras, if you are in range my buffs work for you) The way it is now in wow, you hate it when there is another player.
    Look at the barrens, you fight next to a box, and another player comes around and takes it. of course you did not own that box, but you know what i mean, that sucks. I live with it, but in guild wars, more players would help you kill the mob and then loot the box together with you. Make us play together, not against each other (faction wise, I dont wanna share with an alliance player, but I wanna play togheter with my Horde"

    And I dont know, why they havent tried or thought of scaling us down and let us lfg normal and heroic in every dungeon there is besides the techproblem. If you can scale down the player or scale up the dungeon, we could run EVERY dungeon in the game. There would not be a becoming tired of a dungeon every day, because there a lot of them. Also, we have seen that in guild wars 2.
    Other games show good approaches, you just have to take that example and use it in wow. (transmog says hello)

  12. #292
    I'm good with a time sink being easy. And concern over heroic dungeons is pointless. No matter what, that content gets antiquated so quickly that you really can't worry about it.

  13. #293
    Quote Originally Posted by KBWarriors View Post
    You know, for the longest time, I always thought Activi$ion was the poison of this game that was decreasing the quality (in my opinion... calm down and put down the flame throwers.)

    Now.. while Activi$$$$ion is still a money sucking bottom less pit of greed, I don't think that's half the problem for World of Warcraft at all. I never used to be someone who read all of Ghostcrawler's tweets but since MoP I've been paying attention to them. He basically only has two kinds of tweets...........
    Wow, I couldnt have said it better myself!

    Fire GC and bring back our WoW!! Yes I said it, LFR, LFD and welfare epics ruined this game.
    Build #1: Corsair 350D | EVGA 500W PSU | Gigabyte Z97M-D3H | Intel i5-4690k | Crucial MX100 512GB SSD / WD 1TB | Gigabyte Black GTX-750Ti | 16GB Gskill - Windows 8.1

    Budget Build: DS Aero | EVGA 500W PSU | Gigabyte B85-D3V | Intel G3258 [email protected] GHz | 250GB Samsung EVO | WD 500GB Data | EVGA GTX-750Ti | 8GB Gskill | Windows 7 Pro


  14. #294
    Pit Lord Frolk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Norway, Lørenskog
    Posts
    2,271
    Quote Originally Posted by moremana View Post
    Wow, I couldnt have said it better myself!

    Fire GC and bring back our WoW!! Yes I said it, LFR, LFD and welfare epics ruined this game.
    Others people in LFR epics ruining your normal/HC epics, makes u feel "less" epic?
    Do u miss being in general chat for 45min "LF tank daily HC!" I know i dont
    I put the laughter in manslaughter
    Blood DK problems: to many ppl at daily place, cant pull 8packs *cries*
    BF3>CoD Cola>Pepsi PC>Mac Xbox>PS3

  15. #295
    Bloodsail Admiral ShadowForge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,135
    Quote Originally Posted by NonameXADX View Post
    All I hear is QQ, QQ, QQ and more QQ. Deal with it, they're the designers, they will do what they feel like doing. The game has 8+ million subs still and as long as it stays above 1.5-3mil subs they will keep doing the same thing they're doing. Ghostcrawler is not the one responsible for every single department btw so please stop blaming him for everything.
    ok so if you walked into a mcdonalds or whatever and the cook gave u anything he wanted you would be happy with that seriously please shut up, designers cant design what they feel like they have to please there customers otherwise they would all be out of a job cos no customers = no money

    ---------- Post added 2013-05-28 at 12:38 AM ----------

    aslong as ghostcrawler is at blizzard wow will never get better, all you have to do is read some of his tweets and you can easily see what a moron he is, hes like the homer simpson of wow just showed up the day they opened the place and gave him a job

  16. #296
    I like the idea of downscaling for older dungeons, would never grow tierd of dungeons then when there is so many of them in wow! Either downscale our hp/dps/healing output or put all dungeons at max lvl equal health pools as other new hc dungeons.

    I believe that in next xpac we will see that nodes and mobs will all be shared kills, atleast if same faction tags it. We already see that they do this for rares and that is a great success. Would be weird if they did not implement this. I would like if it was faction based though, you need someone from same faction attacking it for you to also get credit.
    Follow me on twitter @crusadernero
    Nero - Human Retribution Paladin on Burning Blade EU.

  17. #297
    The few "negatives" in Mists of Pandaria are few and far between. IMO, the game is better than it has ever been before. Lots to do, amazing raids, faster released content, a lot of throw backs to BC and most recently vanilla with the Isle of Giants etc.

  18. #298
    Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    Others people in LFR epics ruining your normal/HC epics, makes u feel "less" epic?
    Do u miss being in general chat for 45min "LF tank daily HC!" I know i dont
    I sure dont! I remember the good old days.. While leveling, Scarelt monastery dungeons is available. Lets search for people in SW/IF, after some time get full group, start travel up there(much of this was walking or on ground mount), then when you finally reach the dungeon(pref 2 people for summons), someone says "I gotta go". HURRAY! Now back to SW/IF to find new ones. lol no I dont miss that.

    I do normal modes and my guild is working on hc modes. So I got access to 522+ gear and im perfectly happy with people doing LFR. I think everyone deserves to see content and even though they have epics to, I know, they know, everyone(should) know that LFR people do easy content. It says "raid finder" on the gear.
    Follow me on twitter @crusadernero
    Nero - Human Retribution Paladin on Burning Blade EU.

  19. #299
    The Patient eldritchforeshadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Archery Range
    Posts
    298
    I wonder if Ghostcrawler has bodyguards and wears a bullet proof vest in public because of these psycho WOW players that hate him?

  20. #300
    Bloodsail Admiral Nillah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,102
    Quote Originally Posted by KBWarriors View Post
    You know, for the longest time, I always thought Activi$ion was the poison of this game that was decreasing the quality (in my opinion... calm down and put down the flame throwers.)
    Activision has nothing to do with Blizzard's decisions on any of their game development. They're sister companies, that's all. Please stop spreading this.
    Avatar art by tumblr user kounyoukai

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •