Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeror View Post
    The real problem are the casual players demanding Blizzard to 'destroy' our beloved game to things what they love.
    This post is so idiotic I refuse to believe more than 2 seconds of thought went into it.
    Last edited by leaks; 2013-05-25 at 06:13 PM.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

Quote Originally Posted by Eviscero View Post
    If GC were running a restaurant and sales started to dip he is the type of dumbass that would immediately cut food costs by buying lower quality ingredients, not realizing that in the short term his bottom line would improve, but in the long term his business would fail.
    Actually a pretty accurate comparison to the "catering to bads/casuals" issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Your going to get flamed to hell because its MMOC, but I do agree on some of your points. Good luck with the rediculous arguments and hatred that will follow.
    This, and I completely agree with the OP. I wouldn't have made the post as corny as OP did, but the idea still stands. I Loved WoW until the end of WotLK. As a fairly casual player, more of a child in those days ( I was 11-15 years old ) I would LOVE to get on WoW, level countless characters to level 30 and restart, playing my friends level 70 rogue and warrior, do hours of Alterac Valley, summon the icelord, do Mag's Lair, etc. It was a complete addiction for me. Hell, I even LOVED to do the dailies on the Isle of Quel Danas! Those will be but only very good memories now. The main thing though about all that - I knew where I belong. Even as a complete NOOB of World of Warcraft I found a way to have fun, get better at the game and earn my experience. It truly does anger me that the game has taken the direction it has. I now reside being a bored subscriber of the game, only to follow Blizzard's lore, and AFK in LFR's. I play the Level 80 Arena Tournament PRIVATE SERVER to do my PvP, because that has gone to complete trash as well nowadays.

I eagerly await Blizzard's Titan Project and hope it will be as addicting as the first few years of WoW was. But, for the love of God, don't get GC or the main partners of the WoW team involved.

/End rant, flame about my reply as you choose.

Hyperbole is so over abused by the WoW community.

Quote Originally Posted by Emisary View Post
    So in your opinion no one should state their opinions and no one should come with a fix for the problem..because that means they are the problem..intresting
    There's a subtle difference between people who have negative opinions and incessant, unbearable whiners. Look closely and you will see it.
    The night is dark and full of terrors...

Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    Raiding has changed because developers egos got way out of hand - essentially, the formula that created the largest and most successful MMO ever made was deemed to be a waste because:

"BUT I WANT MORE PEOPLE TO SEE MY CONTENT! UNLESS EVERYONE SEES WHAT I DID I WON'T DO ANY MORE!"

Seriously, I don't get it, you've helped make one of the best games ever made, and it's not enough? You have to redefine the game and it's assets or risk your ego taking a bit of a bruising.
    It had nothing to do with ego and that's insulting you suggest that's why they made raids more accessible.
    "There is good and evil in this world; we must find the black and white in the gray."

Quote Originally Posted by Lemposs View Post
    Yeah, burn the heretic! He alone is ruining WoW. And activision is the reincarnation of evil!

/end sarcasm. Don't like it, don't play it. Easy solution.
    As you can see more and more people are doing it. Namely 4 milion.

Quote Originally Posted by namelessone View Post
    There's a subtle difference between people who have negative opinions and incessant, unbearable whiners. Look closely and you will see it.
    According to the Fanbois, every single suggestion for improvement no matter how well-thought is plain and simple whining, so yeah...

I don't raid normals until the content is nerfed significantly. I'm not claiming that they are hard, they are not, yet they do have some requirements.

- Damage roles in World of Warcraft have "rotations" or "priorities", they are mostly pretty easy to perform. Yet, in a raid envrionment, damaging a boss effectively and competing with other damage dealers require much more attention, concentration and coordination. Depending on the class you play, you may have a lot of keybinds, dots or resources to watch and manage. I'm sure this gets hell of a lot easier with time and practice, yet some(or most, I don't know) of the players just do not have the desire to deal with this mess and spend time perfecting it. It may sound lazy, but still, this is usually not how I want to spend my time in something I call "a hobby", considering that working to perform well in raids can cause a lot of stress when you lack the time, skill, patience, if you get bored from this stuff easily, if there are players depending on you, or if you are doing it among the wrong crowd, which happens a lot.

As I never healed or tanked raids, I won't talk about those roles.

- To properly learn and get used to an encounter, you need friends or a guild, setting aside the youtube videos. Without nerfs in place, guilds usually get obsessed about progressing. They forget about the fun, yelling, curses, insults, those progress guilds are just not proper environment for someone with self-esteem, and finding friendly-yet-good one is usually frustrating after so many attempts.

As a casual gamer, I prefer to spend my time in World of Warcraft with older raids, transmog and mount collecting, lfr, farming justice to buy new looms, leveling a toon of each class and chat with my mates. Yet, I do want to experience new content without going psycho about it, raid finder is a great system for this purpose. I run raid finder for new raids, get better gear and be satisfied about it. Normal/hc raiders get the challenge they want, with much better loot, titles, mount drops and other rewards, everyone is happy. Well, everyone should be happy, at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose19 View Post
    Now if they would only move on... Telling your girlfriend you're done with her doesn't mean much if you keep following and insulting her on facebook a year after the "break up". But surely if you keep insulting her and calling all her new boyfriends names she'll see the error of her ways.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

Quote Originally Posted by Thatwsntmilk View Post
    According to the Fanbois, every single suggestion for improvement no matter how well-thought is plain and simple whining, so yeah...
    According to whiners, every single time someone says they like the changes made to the game it is considered fanboyism, so yeah...

Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose19 View Post
    Could you demonstrate a game that maintained and increased its playerbase 10 years after release?

No?

Then why are we remotely surprised that people, no matter what Blizzard can or will do, will still grow bored of the same thing after a decade?

EverQuest peaked at 450,000 subscribers. They're a fraction of that now, but SOE won't disclose how many and that game has gone F2P and it's nearing 15 years old. It's still chugging along and has had a slew of new features, expansions, and still has a strong core of followers, but people move on to new things.

Nothing, NOTHING, Blizzard does can sustain their peak subscription numbers forever, especially as the MMO market itself is changing.
    "There is good and evil in this world; we must find the black and white in the gray."

Quote Originally Posted by babo7000 View Post
    Ghostcrawler = Blizzard?

Since when did he have absolute control over WoW?
    Pretty much this...

To OP, i hope you understand that GC work is about interface and class design, if you want to complain about PvP for instance i think you shoul open a thread blaming Holinka, for instances i think its Cory and so on... All of this to say, whille they work in group, GC's part is just one amongst many others.

Obviously, not all is perfect, but blaming a single dude for all the bad work its kind a nonsense.

I agree with you on the points OP
    Valor thing will just make the money throwing casuals complain because that other guy has better armor and the 25/10 man change, people who raid 10 man will never let it go, its their only way of making themselves feel like they're grown men and kill real bosses and not just a weekend project you do to kill time and get that one piece of gear that doesn't drop on 25.
    Plus bringing this whole its only GC's fault into this circlejerking casual filled board is just plain silly, its like walking through a ghetto dark alley where the minorities live.
    LFR stuff is the same, "MUH FREE EPICZ, I cun't raid fulltime and be a nerd but I have a right to get epics because I pay 15 a month herp derp" you know the usual.

and none of that will ever change because those cancer ridden casuals have their claws well clenched into the welfare epics and easy raiding and throw the magic "I will unsub" word when they feel blizzard is changing something they don't like.

But I don't agree on the GC part, I don't think its all him.
    Hes just the dumbass that puts his name out to take the heat, I think its a collective cesspool of circjerking autistic devs that simply want more money, and they know how to make money from today's brainless gamers, and the game is just reflecting its brainlessness.

BiS LFR gear? i lol'd when i read that one.

Quote Originally Posted by babo7000 View Post
    Ghostcrawler = Blizzard?

Since when did he have absolute control over WoW?

One could ask that about Obama too. Taking form that, this need to fixate on one face, because its the most reconisable.. seems to be a growing issue, eh?
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

Quote Originally Posted by Skadovsk View Post
    I agree with you on the points OP
    Valor thing will just make the money throwing casuals complain because that other guy has better armor and the 25/10 man change, people who raid 10 man will never let it go, its their only way of making themselves feel like they're grown men and kill real bosses and not just a weekend project you do to kill time and get that one piece of gear that doesn't drop on 25.
    Plus bringing this whole its only GC's fault into this circlejerking casual filled board is just plain silly, its like walking through a ghetto dark alley where the minorities live.
    LFR stuff is the same, "MUH FREE EPICZ, I cun't raid fulltime and be a nerd but I have a right to get epics because I pay 15 a month herp derp" you know the usual.

and none of that will ever change because those cancer ridden casuals have their claws well clenched into the welfare epics and easy raiding and throw the magic "I will unsub" word when they feel blizzard is changing something they don't like.

But I don't agree on the GC part, I don't think its all him.
    Hes just the dumbass that puts his name out to take the heat, I think its a collective cesspool of circjerking autistic devs that simply want more money, and they know how to make money from today's brainless gamers, and the game is just reflecting its brainlessness.
    This thread surprises all the time lol. Not only is this full of hideously misplaced elitism but it makes a dangerous swerve towards bigotry too. Well played sir!

High Overlord
    I see lots of complaints but no potential solutions. Unless the solution is fire Ghostcrawler? In my opinion that wouldn't fix any of the design choices you mentioned. Also maybe you can lend Ghostcrawler one of your fire retardant suits the next time you go on a flame rant against him, it's only fair!

OP,Did you just said Best in Slot LFR gear? Are you fucking kidding me?
    Last edited by Shampro; 2013-05-25 at 06:55 PM.

beware the rage of the casuals!
    You kill or you die. Or you die and you kill.
    Tell them only that the Lich King is dead and that World of Warcraft died with him.