Deleted

Problem with gold making.

Dunno if this is the correct place to post this.. anyways -

I recently moved to laughing skull horde side (joined a new raid guild) The realm is so dead that the AH is more or less empty meaning that no matter what i farm it will never get sold on the AH

I usualy farm gold by doing the brawlers guild after rank 8 now that they changed it so that when you complete rank 9 and reach rank 10 you can only do challenges by buying cards, but when winning a match you do not get any loot anymore so basicaly they removed the good 2k/hour gold from that..

So basicaly i've only got dailies left to get my gold.. any suggestions?

Deleted
    There comes a point on a dead server that the ah breaks down.
    You can still make money its just difficult.

If its completely dead then id suggest the sheer scarcity of people is also destroying end game as there arent enough people to raid.

In these circumstances id suggest transfer to a healthier server or faction change.

Dont forget theres always the other faction.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fincher View Post
    From my Experience on dead realms you can make insane profit on the AH through the lack of competition. Both from commonly used items and for Items with low demand, especially the Items with low demand.

"no matter what i farm it will never get sold on the AH" <> Can you clarify exactly what you tried to farm and sell so we can come up with suggestions?
    I tried selling cloths like embersilk cloth/windwool cloth etc. I tried selling bags (im tailor) and i tried just selling flasks and stuff like that.
    I know the lack of competition could be a good thing but the thing is - if i have to put up the items so many times before they get sold i will probably lose gold from the cost of actualy putting them up. Heres my armory link incase you wanna check my professions etc
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nocia/advanced

@999tigger - I am on this realm purely because of my guild.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ignocia View Post
    I tried selling cloths like embersilk cloth/windwool cloth etc. I tried selling bags (im tailor) and i tried just selling flasks and stuff like that.
    I know the lack of competition could be a good thing but the thing is - if i have to put up the items so many times before they get sold i will probably lose gold from the cost of actualy putting them up. Heres my armory link incase you wanna check my professions etc
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nocia/advanced

@999tigger - I am on this realm purely because of my guild.

Sell what people want amd make sure you are the cheapest. Look at what other people are selling. Are you following those rules? I think JC and enchanting are amongst he last ones to die. It is very hard to generate demand if there are no people, but you can survive on a low pop server. Have a look at undermine and see what your competitors are selling. It will either be the following imo.

1. You arent selling what people want.
    2. You arent the cheapest.
    3. You arent putting enough effort in to ensure 1 and 2.
    4. There is insufficient demand period because there are only 5 people in org at any one time. I was looking at one of my old servers recently and there were only 3 people on org.

As I said theres always the other faction.

Ignocia having looked at your character (was looking for your server) then imo you are going about this in the wrong way. Try selling timed gold runs with a few of your guildies. You can charge big money. Could be a much better moneymaker than the 2k you were on about.
    Last edited by mmoc0afa280d34; 2013-05-26 at 02:10 PM.

Deleted
    Thanks for the advices ppl gonna try it out!

I've honestly never understood how this sell/buy stuff works..
    Now that content is cleared i have more time investigating some of those suggestions you guys have given me.

Thanks!

Deleted
    if you are on a small server with one or two very active raiding guilds the new belt buckles net a pretty descent profit. at least they sell quite well on my server which is tiny at best...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fincher View Post
    From my Experience on dead realms you can make insane profit on the AH through the lack of competition. Both from commonly used items and for Items with low demand, especially the Items with low demand.
    "no matter what i farm it will never get sold on the AH" <> Can you clarify exactly what you tried to farm and sell so we can come up with suggestions?
    My experience with very low (dead) realms is that you can't make decent money because even if you got the monopoly you have a lack the buyers let alone people who actually have lots of gold to spend. And even if you got rich, outside of the vendor stuff, what can you buy if the AH is empty, so what's the point?

Quote Originally Posted by Ignocia View Post
    Dunno if this is the correct place to post this.. anyways -

I recently moved to laughing skull horde side (joined a new raid guild) The realm is so dead that the AH is more or less empty meaning that no matter what i farm it will never get sold on the AH

I usualy farm gold by doing the brawlers guild after rank 8 now that they changed it so that when you complete rank 9 and reach rank 10 you can only do challenges by buying cards, but when winning a match you do not get any loot anymore so basicaly they removed the good 2k/hour gold from that..

So basicaly i've only got dailies left to get my gold.. any suggestions?
    I know to a certain extent what you are going through. I am currently on a RP server. Well I transferred here from an active PVE/PVP raid progression realm. Its quite the polar opposite on this realm. End game enchants, gems, PVE gear sells quite slowly and often times for far less. Competition is often times high cause of this which leads to massive undercutting just to get a single sale.

Its quite not feasible for me to transfer off the realm since I've got a few characters levelled up already.

The lack of many serious raid progression and a PVE focused and driven player base hurts gold making. But there are other markets to make gold in like the battle pet markets and the transmog markets. However, I couldn't find myself spending game time trying to level a pet from 1-25 and selling it for 3K gold. I can make more gold simply flipping stuff in a fraction of the time.

But the best money makers I found are your returning customers. Make sure to get a foot in certain markets, don't try competing on the AH. Advertise via Trade Chat. People are always on the look out for good deals. Offer someone a good deal and a high probability you have a customer that will come to your the next time they need something. Often times they tip well as well + the cost of the item.