10+ Year Old Account

Out of curiosity...

There is no way I am buying from this website, the parts are old and things are 40-50% more expensive!

A friend told me about it and I just poked some interest in their water cooling ones..what does all this nickel, radiators, fans, etc. on the water-cooled options at http://custom.uber.ae mean?

Assume some derp is going to actually buy one of their overpriced options. What benefit is there to picking their water cooled option? Is it going to increase performance or just keep temperatures low and allow for amazing overclocking? Just curious.

---------- Post added 2013-05-26 at 11:00 AM ----------

Anybody?
    10char

10+ Year Old Account
    Better looks & allows for lowers temps resulting in better overclocking.
    8700K (5GHz) - Z370 M5 - Mugen 5 - 16GB Tridentz 3200MHz - GTX 1070Ti Strix - NZXT S340E - Dell 24' 1440p (165Hz)

Radiators, pumps, reservoirs, tubes and cpu blocks are all pieces that combine into custom water cooling loop. Copper, nickel etc are just different materials those pieces are made of. Price correlates with cooling efficiency, more or less. If you buy some premade water cooler like Corsair H100i all those choices are made for you and you can't easily change anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Toffie View Post
    lowers temps resulting in better overclocking.
    Current Intel processors are more limited by voltages than temperatures. You aren't gonna get much higher results with custom water, maybe 100-200MHz over H100i.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    Current Intel processors are more limited by voltages than temperatures. You aren't gonna get much higher results with custom water, maybe 100-200MHz over H100i.
    Not in my case. 100-200MHz is a very big understatement.
    8700K (5GHz) - Z370 M5 - Mugen 5 - 16GB Tridentz 3200MHz - GTX 1070Ti Strix - NZXT S340E - Dell 24' 1440p (165Hz)

Quote Originally Posted by Toffie View Post
    Not in my case. 100-200MHz is a very big understatement.
    Let's pretend you're capped to 47 multiplier with voltage of x using H100i. Custom water cooler would allow you to push voltage to x+1 and get stable 48 multiplier. If you turn fan speed to max you might get temperatures down enough to get x+2 voltage and 49 multiplier, but that's about it. If lucky with chip lottery you might even get x+3 voltage and 50 multiplier. There is zero chance of getting for example 500Mhz more speed out of any custom water cooler compared to H100i with SB/IB, to reach that kind of speeds you need to disable cores and use sub-zero cooling.

Custom water does not do miracles, instead what it does best is allow you to run reasonable OC like for example that 47 multiplier with very low fanspeed so that the temperatures might match H100i but at much lower noise.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Deleted
    after delidding ivy is just limited by voltage pretty much.
    without delidding however one is way more likely to run in temp issues before too high/insane voltages are needed for stable high clocks (talking 48 multi and above)

10+ Year Old Account
    Running 4.8GHz at 1.35 as of now since I like my case being quiet and holding on for many years. I can reach clock speed of 5.3GHz at 1.54v, h100i will never run such high voltage without reaching 105c + and destroying the chip. Still doesn't mean I want to suck the life of it since I'm quite happy by 4.8GHz performance.

I paid 1000 $ for the water kit though, the performance increase is never worth that kind of money OP.

Get yourself a cheap CM212-EVO which can run a very decent overclock 4.3-4.7GHz and save yourself a lot of trouble and money.