Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullhurley View Post
    Actually it would have made more sense to me if they would have a questing zone for dks from level 1 all the way to max level that was specific to the story line. Should never start a new class at anything but level 1. We have enough bad players as is.....
    I meant story wise. The events of Outland happen before the events of the DK starting area. There are Draenei there, so it is post-Exodar crashing at least and probably just after the Zombie event, since SW and Org appear to be zombie-free when the player arrives there.

The only thing with having a full leveling experience from level 1-58 or 68, is that you'd effectively be spending a ton of resources on creating an entirely phased or just completely different Continent, or several potentially, just for DKs and assuming that DHs get a similar treatment, DHs too. One of the reasons Blizzard felt that they dropped subs in Cataclysm was because they felt they devoted too many resources into remaking the world that it took away from other aspects of the game which resulted in a lesser experience. While this would've meant that WotLK would've had Cataclysm's treatment essentially, it's not really a feasible option.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    We're gonna get Demon Hunters, Tinkers, Dark Rangers, 4th Specs, New Characters, Nagas, Ogres and a Legion expansion with South Seas and Emerald Dream incorporated. Blizzard will deny it, but I'm certain it will probably show at Blizzcon.
    Instead of being a cunt. Just read the title. It says IF.

Quote Originally Posted by Septemberr View Post
    Instead of being a cunt. Just read the title. It says IF.
    I read the title and I said it would probably happen, not that it will. Jeez. But I'm certain of it. Probably. Certain.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thassarian brings up some very good points. One of the reasons I feel that DHs will never be implemented is because they would have to be a hero class, and they would have to be OP. If they arent OP, the DH loving crowd would be extremely disappointed.

Monk implementation should be the template for class implementation moving forward;

1. They should start at level one so that players can learn their class, older content isn't wasted, and newer players can experience the new class.
    2. They should start either middle of the road, or somewhat weak so that players who adopt the class early will stick with it longer. After all, the class will be getting buffed instead of nerfed.
    3. They should have a way to gain XP a bit faster in order to reach max level.

I don't think DHs fit that model.
    Last edited by Teriz; 2013-05-25 at 08:14 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    There has been no official word that Demon Hunters aren't going to happen.
    This.

And they said they wouldn't be bringing Worgen out as a race after they took away the worgen pet for Hunters out in Howling Fjord... >_>

@the OP: I would like to see around level 65 or 75. Kind of tired leveling 1-90. :S

The thing is as well, 1-60 was redesigned to occur after the NR expedition. So in theory, a DH could start at level 1. You could have an entirely phased version of Outland, similar to how Pandaren get a phased Wandering Isle where you still do what you did before but it would then actually make some sense when you rejoin the rest of the low levels in Westfall and the Barrens. It would be one hell of a clusterfuck at 58 for DHs if that were to happen though. Going through the Dark Portal, to kill the Demons you'd have killed in the starting zone and later take on the same Illidan you've already seen fall.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Thassarian brings up some very good points. One of the reasons I feel that DHs will never be implemented is because they would have to be a hero class, and they would have to be OP. If they arent OP, the DH loving crowd would be extremely disappointed.

Monk implementation should be the template for class implementation moving forward;

1. They should start at level one so that players can learn their class, older content isn't wasted, and newer players can experience the new class.
    2. They should start either middle of the road, or somewhat weak so that players who adopt the class early will stick with it longer. After all, the class will be getting buffed instead of nerfed.
    3. They should have a way to gain XP a bit faster in order to reach max level.

I don't think DHs fit that model.
    For once i agree with teriz. If it happens it should happen like the monks. I played a monk 1-90 before i even touched my 85 characters. Blizzard pretty much nailed the leveling system with the monks. This is just how all the new classes should be, and hopefully maybe even the old ones some day.

after the way they handled dk's... minus 50
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    The fucking Derpship has crashed on Herp Island...
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Meet the new derp.

Same as the old derp.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Septemberr View Post
    So. Theres alot of talk about DHs becoming a new Hero class in the World... Of warcraft.

Do you think it should start at level 1? Or like a DK be a set level like 55, 60, 70 etc?

I think it will be around level 70.

What do you think?
    A lot of talk in what dev blogs exactly?
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Quote Originally Posted by Moshic View Post
    A lot of talk in what dev blogs exactly?
    He never said specified "devs".

I see demon hunter threads pop up all the time.

Stop trying to rain on someones parade, it's a theoretical situation.

Level 1 for me. I want to take my time with the class. Learn abilities little by little. Play around. Have a hope for lots of class-specific questing content, like quests to learn some powerful new abilities, some iconic gear, while levelling up and not just at the maximum level. And so on. I want to play with the class, not reach the level cap as soon as possible to start the epicness that is grinding points.

Quote Originally Posted by Thassarian View Post
    Thing is though, DK's would've made MUCH more sense if they skip Outland and go straight into Northrend. There really isn't any other way to implement Demon Hunters without them coinciding with the fall of Illidan. Monks were slightly different, they were brought to SW/Org after being taught how to be a Monk and having to make a decision because of that and it made sense. They weren't tied to Pandaria specifically unlike DK's who were tied to Northrend and DH's which would be tied to Outland
    They might have made more sense but think how many more horrible DKs there would have been. Starting at 58 let them figure out some of the basic class mechanics doing some familiar things and made them lvl up some. We don't need more features that allow ppl to be bad at the game or make it easier for them to not learn how their class works.

Look at monks for the most part they had to lvl all the way, minus RAF and the xp class quests they get. Even with doing that you have tons and tons of WW that are just picking an attack with no rhyme or reason, BrM that don't know what shuffle is or how to use guard and last but not least the MW that that can't do anything at all. This happened with the quests they had that taught ppl about some of the class abilities on top of it all. We certainly don't need to just cut ppl free towards the lvl cap with a new class so the rest of the game can carry them along.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drithiend View Post
    Level 1 for me. I want to take my time with the class. Learn abilities little by little. Play around. Have a hope for lots of class-specific questing content, like quests to learn some powerful new abilities, some iconic gear, while levelling up and not just at the maximum level. And so on. I want to play with the class, not reach the level cap as soon as possible to start the epicness that is grinding points.
    Demon Hunters will not start at level 1. It wouldn't make sense.

i'd say 75, spend about 5 levels in phased upscaled areas of outland in time to hit 80 and jump into cataclysm content and soon after pandaria, so still 2 expansions worth of leveling to get through in time for the next expansion which is a good compairson to the dks bc and wrath leveling time.

I guess I'm one of the few who don't want demon hunters in the game, I'd MUCH rather have tinker of dark ranger.

If I want to play a demon hunter, I'll play Diablo 3

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alcsaar View Post
    i think demon hunters are dumb.

I want to see a real necromancer. I'd never quit this game again if a necromancer was added.

And no warlocks are not necromancers. I want my fucking skeleton pet.
    which would have have to be a flesh monster in china due to localisation...haha!

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    There has been no official word that Demon Hunters aren't going to happen.
    There has been no official word that Sonic the Hedgehog is not the next hero class either.

Fingers crossed!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alcsaar View Post
    i think demon hunters are dumb.

I want to see a real necromancer. I'd never quit this game again if a necromancer was added.

And no warlocks are not necromancers. I want my fucking skeleton pet.
    ol' onyxia drops an offhand that lets u summon ur own skeleton ^^

65 or 70 or 75, I don't really care as long as they happen

10+ Year Old Account
    DHs starting at level 75 would make them the most hated class in the game. Could you imagine how awful DH players would be if they started at level 75? I could just imagine guilds purposely banning DHs from joining.