Hi, quick question! HDMI to HDTV?

Here's the deal, I have two 23 inch LED monitors for my tower.
    I have a GTX 480, I use the two DVI ports for dual monitor setups. I never used the mini HDMI to HDMI on my HDTV before, but I was told it takes a lot of drivers that you install, uninstall, etcetc to get to work.

My girlfriend is coming over tonight, and we wanna watch it together. (edit: it = League allstars)

What would it take to hook up my HDMI to my TV? Do I have to go through drivers, uninstall any, reinstall any? I have a mini HDMI to an HDMI right now, I even have an HDMI wire. I just, yeah. need halp!

And if I use the HDMI, would my TV pick up sound that easily?

Eh, all I ever had to do was just plug the HDMI cable in, I never had to install any drivers at all. My stationary is plugged into the TV, so I basicly got two screens, just like if you would have two monitors. When I plug in my laptop, I basicly get two screens of the same thing, while my TV gets the outgoing sound (so whatever I see on my laptop I see on my TV, just that if I increase the volume on the TV, the sound is increased aswell seeing as the sound is played on the TV).

Quote Originally Posted by Kapaya View Post
    Eh, all I ever had to do was just plug the HDMI cable in, I never had to install any drivers at all. My stationary is plugged into the TV, so I basicly got two screens, just like if you would have two monitors. When I plug in my laptop, I basicly get two screens of the same thing, while my TV gets the outgoing sound (so whatever I see on my laptop I see on my TV, just that if I increase the volume on the TV, the sound is increased aswell seeing as the sound is played on the TV).
    That has happened with all of my friends laptop whenever they bring it over, me? Not so much. Then again, I was trying it with a diff video card, so maybe I just did something wrong back them. hrm. Maybe I should try ti now.... hmmmm..

10+ Year Old Account
    A while back I used HDMI to connect my PC to my TV. Never needed any special driver changes. The only problem I remember was maybe having to have the TV on first before I started the PC to get the PC to recognize the TV as a 'monitor'.

Just make sure to have your graphic drivers updated on your Laptop and it should be working, that's the only thing I've ever updated or downloaded which would have any impact like that.

Just make sure to have your graphic drivers updated on your Laptop and it should be working, that's the only thing I've ever updated or downloaded which would have any impact like that.
    Using a tower, no laptop. :3

---------- Post added 2013-05-25 at 05:08 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by mykro9 View Post
    A while back I used HDMI to connect my PC to my TV. Never needed any special driver changes. The only problem I remember was maybe having to have the TV on first before I started the PC to get the PC to recognize the TV as a 'monitor'.

Did the HDMI transfer sound as well to the TV< or did you need a speaker system?

Deleted
    Lol that sig

Quote Originally Posted by ruuBEN View Post
    Did the HDMI transfer sound as well to the TV< or did you need a speaker system?
    Yes it does. Although sound quality of most cheap flat screen TVs is awful.

On old cards such as GTX480 you don't get three different screens like AMD eyefinity, instead you need to set the TV show same picture as one of the two DVI connected monitors from the Nvidia control panel. Also you might have to adjust overscan from both the Nvidia settings as well as the TV.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just plug the HDMI into your motherboard... if your only watching TV it wont make any difference at all. Result 3 discrete independant screens