Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Glasses? And what is your eye sight rating?

I had -1,25 and - 1,75

So I can see without glasses pretty okay but I do have them, I rarely use them though, just at school where I can't see the notes.

Do you have a pair? Can you see without?

Deleted
    Got a pair two weeks ago. Short sighted in one eye and long sighted in the other with astigmatism.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by coldstrife View Post
    Got a pair two weeks ago. Short sighted in one eye and long sighted in the other with astigmatism.
    Hmm and how is everything with that combo? How do you see? Is everything blurry from up close or from far?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm -2.00 in both eyes.
    I wore glasses from 12-18, got Contacts once I turned 18, and have used them since.
    So much easier.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bananarepublic View Post
    Hmm and how is everything with that combo? How do you see? Is everything blurry from up close or from far?

From afar usually unless on a computer in which case both are bad.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by coldstrife View Post
    From afar usually unless on a computer in which case both are bad.
    Okay, alright... do you wear them all the time?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bananarepublic View Post
    Okay, alright... do you wear them all the time?

Didn't for the first week,only when watching tv and on the computer now it feels more comfortable to have them on all the time.

0 and 0.25, my father is almost 70 and doesn't need glasses so I guess I'm going that direction too.

Deleted
    I didn't pass vision test at the DMV. They told me to visit an optician and get it sorted, never went, was like 6-7 years ago.
    Short in short, I need glasses but have never gotten myself to find enough fucks to actually do something about it.

So I'll remain a friendly cyclist until I can replace my eyes

-4 and -4.75 what do i win
    and no, I don't even own glasses, contacts only

10+ Year Old Account
    Before I had Lasik it was -5/-5.25 I think.

10+ Year Old Account
    I used to be -3.25 in each eye. Then I got LASIK. Best money I ever spent. Now I'm way better than 20/20 in both eyes.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

15+ Year Old Account
    Laser surgery for the win imo, no coke bottle glasses just a hefty bill.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Deleted
    Don't you need to do that quite often though? Like the effects of the treatment wears off relatively fast?

Quote Originally Posted by Doylez View Post
    -4 and -4.75 what do i win
    and no, I don't even own glasses, contacts only
    Wish mine were that good. Mine is at -5.85 and -6.05.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jevlin View Post
    Don't you need to do that quite often though? Like the effects of the treatment wears off relatively fast?
    No. Most give lifetime insurance though if anything does go wrong. Only condition is visit your optometrist once a year for a check up

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkenaw View Post
    No. Most give lifetime insurance though if anything does go wrong. Only condition is visit your optometrist once a year for a check up
    Oh alright. I know my dad had a surgery like that a few years ago and his vision is starting to degrade again.
    Could be due to natural wear and tear I guess, he's ancient after all

I have like -3.5 or so in both eyes, can't see well at all it's pretty miserable. I want to get LASIK but I don't know, seems scary having them cut your eye open. Can't imagine that's pleasant at all, if they just knocked you out and did it then sure, but since you have to be awake I'm not sure I wanna do that. Glasses really aren't that bad imo, even though I'd much prefer to not need them.

Quote Originally Posted by Jevlin View Post
    Oh alright. I know my dad had a surgery like that a few years ago and his vision is starting to degrade again.
    Could be due to natural wear and tear I guess, he's ancient after all
    From what I've heard even with the LASIK surgery you might need reading glasses as you get older. You'll be okay at long distances, but close up even with the surgery you could still need glasses once you get older.

15+ Year Old Account
    I have astigmatism, so my RX has the normal Diopter/Sphere portion + a Cylinder for the Astigmatism and an Axis notation for it's degree.

Leaving out the axis (largely irrelevant to anyone but the lens grinder), my RX is:

OS (left) 0, -0.50
    OD (right) +0.25, -0.75

So little correction, but I am still encouraged to wear glasses (or contacts, but I prefer glasses) to keep my left eye from over-compensating, leading to a worsening of my right eye. I can see fine without my glasses, but sometimes it gives strain after long periods. Sometimes when reading I have to remove the glasses occasionally, hence the new RX/recommendation (see more below). I also just prefer how I look with them (used to it I guess).

My left lens used to be literally plain glass, but my vision has worsened slightly overall. Technically I should use one pair for reading and one for distance (or get bifocals) but I am not quite ready for that at 24, and the difference is quite minimal (biggest reason would be that I read all day at work). My current pair is technically slightly stronger than the above RX, I ended up not getting a new pair yet since they are sooo close (there's some general, non-cylindrical correction in the left lens in this pair) and I can't find frames I really like.

-1.25 both eyes. Not bad, so even though I have contacts and glasses, I rarely use either. I only bought them because my insurance paid for it. Sometimes they can be useful though.