Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Brewmaster
    15+ Year Old Account
    I know I should use glasses, but I won't until I'm forced to. Why? Because I hate wearing protective glasses at work for 8 hours a day, and I wouldn't want to have something on my nose for the remainder of that day.

+5.75 on my left eye
    + 6.25 on my right eye

has been stable (small reduction) when I went through puberty, I can get a laser eye surgery and get down to 1 or 2 which means I don't really need glasses anymore but I'm used to it. I tried contact lenses when I was 16 (8 years ago or something) but it felt so annoying having to take them out all the time and my eyes got dry, might try it again though now that technology has gone further to stop eyes from drying out :P
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    don't know the numbers offhand, but extremely nearsighted. glasses since I was 6, now 34; without 'em I can't bring anything into focus beyond about 5 inches from my face...
    22 miles of hard road
    33 years of tough luck
    44 skulls buried in the ground
    Crawling down through the muck
    Ah yeah...

-7.75/-8.25 here. Although that was 2 years ago. It has probably deteriorated further since then.

Also: Dear severely farsighted people, quit driving without your glasses. It's really effin obvious when you almost cause a wreck by slamming on your brakes to stop 10 car lengths back at a stop light from the guy in front of you.

15+ Year Old Account
    I do have glasses, but I rather use my contacts. I have -1.5 and -1.75, which isn't too bad.
    Pokemon Y / Pokemon OR
    Friendcode: 0791-2124-3938 (IGN: Michiel)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by taurenburger View Post
    I do have glasses, but I rather use my contacts. I have -1.5 and -1.75, which isn't too bad.
    Hey, you are a moderator now! Neat!

OT: Yes, about the same as you, so I don't wear glasses 99,9% of the time.

Deleted
    -6.5 left, -7 right. No astigmatism whatsoever. I wear contacts most of the time when outside of the house, stick to glasses when at home. I intend to get a surgery somewhere in the future.

Nearsighted with astigmatism. My prescription

Right -1.25 -0.75
    Left -1.50 -1.25

So not great but not _that_ bad either.

I've been wearing glasses since age 12. Just recently started trying contacts. I'm still trying to get used to them (having some trouble with that constant feeling of something stuck in my eye), but they're a lot more convenient than glasses, so I'm trying. I've gone through 3-4 different types/brands of contacts before I found the ones most comfortable to me. Air Optix were the brand that caused me the least amount of discomfort. I can still constantly "feel" them there, but nowhere near as bad as some of the other brands I tried.
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2013-05-26 at 05:42 PM.

Around -6 in 1 and -7 in the other, i've had glasses since i was 5.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by geewhiz80 View Post
    Wish mine were that good. Mine is at -5.85 and -6.05.
    Wish mine were that good. Mine is at -6 and -6.5, but damn, we should consider ourselves lucky compared to the some other people in this thread.

-5.5 left eye, -5.25 in the right, have worn glasses/contacts since around 10 or so
    Q: Where the fuck is Xia Xia, SIU?!?!
    A1: She needs to start making eggs for Easter...
    A2: Drunk and sleeping somewhere.