Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Maelle View Post
    This is awesome.

Everything has a pvp solution!

Bots on your server? Kill them all! whats that? It would take hours? Who cares!
    People playing AH and price fixing, make a 40 man raid on chars you levelled specially on the other faction and run into the city and kill them!
    Guild doing better than yours in raids? Camp them outside so they waste raid time pvping!
    Need to grind gold? Kill some level 10 alts until they relent and give you their coppers on your other faction toon to make you go away!

Sorry but either you are one of the guys doing this, or you are defending something so stupid you just blew my mind.
    He gives legit solutions and you come up with completely inane arguments? Nice.

That said, just stay far back until you're ready to pull. If he pulls, im sure your tanks can use an ability to steal threat away... He uses faerie fire to pull? I'm sure your warriors have heroic throw, your dks have icy touch, your druids have faerie fire, and your monks have whatever it is they have to grab threat from ranged. Also hunters and rogues both have threat transferring abilities... Make use of what you have instead of crying to big daddy Blizzard hoping he will help you with your big bad bully.

That is the epitome of world PvP. The point of world PvP, after all, is to grief other players, ideally in a way that prevents any kind of retaliation. He's simply found a way to do so in the perfect form: griefing players from his own faction, where it is literally impossible to retaliate.

By all logic it should be ban-worthy... but since it's a PvP server, it's probably considered something that has a PvP solution. I feel bad for your server, and it sucks.... but welcome to a PvP server.

Quote Originally Posted by Mackypoo View Post
    He gives legit solutions and you come up with completely inane arguments? Nice.

That said, just stay far back until you're ready to pull. If he pulls, im sure your tanks can use an ability to steal threat away... He uses faerie fire to pull? I'm sure your warriors have heroic throw, your dks have icy touch, your druids have faerie fire, and your monks have whatever it is they have to grab threat from ranged. Also hunters and rogues both have threat transferring abilities... Make use of what you have instead of crying to big daddy Blizzard hoping he will help you with your big bad bully.
    He does it after we wipe one time. As we are trying to rez, mana up, hp up, buff up, he starts. Literally nothing we can do when most of our healers are oom, tanks hp low, no tank cds, and everyone is still trying to get back.

Quote Originally Posted by darkwarrior42 View Post
    That is the epitome of world PvP. The point of world PvP, after all, is to grief other players, ideally in a way that prevents any kind of retaliation. He's simply found a way to do so in the perfect form: griefing players from his own faction, where it is literally impossible to retaliate.

By all logic it should be ban-worthy... but since it's a PvP server, it's probably considered something that has a PvP solution. I feel bad for your server, and it sucks.... but welcome to a PvP server.
    Don't give me that. PvP is one player of a faction VS a player of the other faction. Not the same one. Doesn't apply to this situation.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada,we've got freedom too, except we don't pretend to be american when we travel.
    OP, I gotta be honest, you are complaining about something totally valid, to the least empathetic bunch of people on the internet, welcome to mmochamp, it's gotten a LOT worse in the past year. This is the norm now. These are to people here, this is how they are. EVERY. DAY.
    You really need to make a thread about it on the official forums....
    The rest of you, lol, you'd be pissing and moaning and foaming at the mouth if it happened to you, and we all know it.
    "There are other sites on the internet designed for people to make friends or relationships. This isn't one" Darsithis Super Moderator
    Proof that the mmochamp community can be a bitter and lonely place. What a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    He does it after we wipe one time. As we are trying to rez, mana up, hp up, buff up, he starts. Literally nothing we can do when most of our healers are oom, tanks hp low, no tank cds, and everyone is still trying to get back.
    Then you have two options:
    1 - Don't wipe. (easier said than done sometimes, I suppose)
    2 - If you do wipe, when everyone resses, gtfo of his range, run out into the water if you have to so you can mana up/buff/etc.

I'm still not seeing how it's that large of an issue. I can see him sometimes getting you guys with this, but seriously? "Fool me once, shame on you.... fool me twice shame on me".

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    OP, I gotta be honest, you are complaining about something totally valid, to the least empathetic bunch of people on the internet, welcome to mmochamp, it's gotten a LOT worse in the past year. This is the norm now. These are to people here, this is how they are. EVERY. DAY.
    You really need to make a thread about it on the official forums....
    The rest of you, lol, you'd be pissing and moaning and foaming at the mouth if it happened to you, and we all know it.
    I did. Got much of the same there as here.

---------- Post added 2013-05-26 at 02:35 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mackypoo View Post
    Then you have two options:
    1 - Don't wipe. (easier said than done sometimes, I suppose)
    2 - If you do wipe, when everyone resses, gtfo of his range, run out into the water if you have to so you can mana up/buff/etc.

I'm still not seeing how it's that large of an issue. I can see him sometimes getting you guys with this, but seriously? "Fool me once, shame on you.... fool me twice shame on me".
    That is a big hassle. 40+ people all run down the hill and to the water. then run back up and as we all come back up he gets us. its a lose lose situation.

That is a big hassle. 40+ people all run down the hill and to the water. then run back up and as we all come back up he gets us. its a lose lose situation.
    My server pulls him to the shoreline anyway, tanks with their backs to the ledge up to where he spawns and dps healers behind him, the gy is literally right there so if someone dies they don't even have to run anywhere to res. If you all don't want to let this fellow wipe you anymore you would do what you need to do instead of complaining on forums and to Blizzard. Sure, it's a "hassle" but if it works why not put in the extra effort?

Same faction griefing should have landed him some ban time already. He won't keep slipping through the cracks.
    "Why do all supposed 'centrists' just sound like right wingers?"

"Also, can I just say that I think AOC would absolutely fucking annihilate Greene if Greene ever dared take an actual swing at her?" -- The state of the MMO-C circlejerk.

This does sound like a reportable issue, so I'd imagine there are two issues at play here:

1. He's working his way through the penalty volcano, and/or;

2. Raid chat is filled with 'omg report him' and then nobody actually bothers to.

With the penalty volcano, a player will get a warning, then a 1 hour suspension, then 1 day, then 3 days, etc. etc.. So it could very well be that he's been banned already, you just didn't notice because it was a short ban.

Just keep reporting every time he does it. Take note of times, dates, how often he does it, everything that would help Blizzard investigate. Report every single time, and Blizzard will do their part.

Deleted
    When ever we try to kill oondasta, he will repeatedly Pull oondasta and wipe any raids that are there trying to kill him. He does this over and over until the raids fall apart.
    Thanks for the idea. Will try this out as well, sounds like fun. But sadly (for you), this is not against the rules, so just endure.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulus View Post
    Thanks for the idea. Will try this out as well, sounds like fun. But sadly (for you), this is not against the rules, so just endure.
    Same faction griefing is definitely against the rules.
    "Why do all supposed 'centrists' just sound like right wingers?"

"Also, can I just say that I think AOC would absolutely fucking annihilate Greene if Greene ever dared take an actual swing at her?" -- The state of the MMO-C circlejerk.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dald View Post
    Same faction griefing is definitely against the rules.
    Never got a warning, and especially never got a ban for it.

find out who this idiot is and where they live. video tape his beating and youtube it. ppl wont be stupid anymore.

Infracted: Please don't insult other users. [ML]
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2013-05-26 at 06:57 PM.

The problem is that it's happening to you and immediately you. I could say 'It's one person corpse camping me. ONE person' and it would be meaningless, because even if that person were banned it doesn't stop anyone else from doing it. It's part of the World Boss system, just as valid as PVP or otherwise. It's a form of griefing, and it's something you'll have to deal with. You've been given ample examples of different methods to deal with it. If you're just going to whine, get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulus View Post
    yeah blizzard kinda just leaves pvp servers to their own devices, when mop first launched my friend and I hadn't bought it but I accidentally discovered that as a destro lock you could rain of fire in neutral towns and kill people without the guards doing anything. so we got our 85 locks and gadgetzan was basically on fire for the alliance every night for a week. if 90's came and attacked us we just ported up to a roof/used dark bargain and the guards would kill them. got tons of tells, never heard a word from blizzard then it got fixed without mention :P yeah fully aware dick move on our part, but it's really a prime example of how little they'll actually do for stuff like that.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoomidgetalien View Post
    yeah blizzard kinda just leaves pvp servers to their own devices, when mop first launched my friend and I hadn't bought it but I accidentally discovered that as a destro lock you could rain of fire in neutral towns and kill people without the guards doing anything. so we got our 85 locks and gadgetzan was basically on fire for the alliance every night for a week. if 90's came and attacked us we just ported up to a roof/used dark bargain and the guards would kill them. got tons of tells, never heard a word from blizzard then it got fixed without mention :P yeah fully aware dick move on our part, but it's really a prime example of how little they'll actually do for stuff like that.
    This isn't PvP. How many times Must I mention this to people? Its one guy griefing an entire raid of people that are from the same faction as him. There is no Player vs Player combat in play. What you described is Player vs Player combat. Not mass griefing by pulling a raid boss over and over to wipe several raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    The problem is that it's happening to you and immediately you. I could say 'It's one person corpse camping me. ONE person' and it would be meaningless, because even if that person were banned it doesn't stop anyone else from doing it. It's part of the World Boss system, just as valid as PVP or otherwise. It's a form of griefing, and it's something you'll have to deal with. You've been given ample examples of different methods to deal with it. If you're just going to whine, get over it.
    Killing someone over and over =/= wiping 60people over and over until they leave. When you are camping someone, that is PvP, Player VS Player combat. When you are pulling a boss over and over to wipe a raid, it is Grieving. Not PvP. Just like when you do it in a dungeon, or a raid. Its reportable. Its just a different area. I have been given examples on how to spend my Gold, Money, and time to do Blizzards job for them. Sorry, but they get paid to stop griefers. Even if you can't comprehend what Player VS Player combat is. Here's a hint: It has to happen to someone of the opposite faction, by you going and hitting them with your own spells. Shocking I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post

2. Raid chat is filled with 'omg report him' and then nobody actually bothers to.
    That is a major problem. Being a druid he can stealth. So unless they are able to click his picture and/or he actually talks in chat, some cannot report him. Blizzard has made it quite hard to report someone when you need to. This being a such a case.

That is a major problem. Being a druid he can stealth. So unless they are able to click his picture and/or he actually talks in chat, some cannot report him. Blizzard has made it quite hard to report someone when you need to. This being a such a case.
    If you can get, or know the character name then I am sure you can open a ticket explaining the situation.
    If you mention that you cannot report them via the traditional means due to lack of chat communication, or the ability to target them then I am sure that will be acceptable.

https://us.battle.net/support/en/art...assment-policy

Zone/Area Disruption
    This category includes language and/or actions intended to disturb groups of players or areas of the world, such as:

Disruption of player sponsored events or gatherings.
    Excessive use of in-game sounds or visuals.
    Excessively casting spells with noticeable effects in crowded areas.
    Impeding or blocking access to an NPC, doodad, doorway, or any other area of the world that a player would normally be able to access.
    https://us.battle.net/support/en/art...itation-policy

Abuse of Game Mechanics
    The distinction between exploiting bugs and abusing game mechanics is a fine one. While bug exploitation involves the abuse of what is essentially a programming mistake, the abuse of game mechanics is the act of taking advantage of the limitations of the World of Warcraft game systems. Since the line between the sanctioned use and the abuse of game mechanics is sometimes unclear, we prefer to educate players before taking any action against the account being used. This category includes using/distributing game mechanics in a manner unintended by their design that:

Negatively affects another character, their gameplay, the service itself and/or its economy
    Edit:
    I would feel this is actually the latter of these, since it is deliberate action using an in-game mechanism or feature with the sole intent of negatively impacting on the game experience of many other players.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2013-05-26 at 07:42 AM.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Same faction grieving are what children do because they do not like the outcome of what has happened to them in regards to a group.

So I guess it's too difficult for you to open a ticket and talk to a GM since you're so busy explaining to people what PVP is, right?

You're butthurt, I get it. If you weren't, you wouldn't have made this thread and respond only to those attacking your opinions on the ordeal. But seriously, if you want any sort of resolution to this, then go and do something about it instead of trying to make yourself feel better reading posts on how everyone else hates the system.

Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    So I guess it's too difficult for you to open a ticket and talk to a GM since you're so busy explaining to people what PVP is, right?

You're butthurt, I get it. If you weren't, you wouldn't have made this thread and respond only to those attacking your opinions on the ordeal. But seriously, if you want any sort of resolution to this, then go and do something about it instead of trying to make yourself feel better reading posts on how everyone else hates the system.
    The PvP solution people offered would not work for the reasons they described.
    Stop insulting, and bother to actually read the thread.

That is not player vs player.
    It is as described on my previous post fitting very nicely into the category of Abuse of Game Mechanics.