Thread: Rogue situation

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Rogue situation

Hey everyone, I play retri in pvp the other day I was dueling a cataclysmic gladiator rogue. I knew in the end I will lose because rogues in general are superior in 1 vs 1 and this game is never balanced around 1 vs 1 so here the situation what happened.

First he sapped me and then did the cheapshot combination usual opener while he was doing it I poped my divine protection 20% reduce all dmg (It can be used while stunned this patch which is awesome change). My health down to 25% ish hp I fist of justice him fast to get some instant flash of light heals he fast trinketed the stun then I immediatly blinded him then continue to heal. I switched to seal of justice to kite him around to get more instant flash of light heals opened my cds then he vanished.

Now what happenedis that he vanished for over 10 mins waiting for his cds to come back. After wiating for him for more than 10+ mins I just decided to /forfeit and told him "sorry man but vanishing for over 10 mins waiting for cds then just coming back is just not my cup of tea."

Then he started insulting by saying you just need to L2P and all of that stuff... I mean come on... really? what is the L2P about when you can reset game and just wait over 10+ mins then come back and finishes off your opponent?

What makes me sad is that guy is a gladiator having the cataclysmic flying twilight mount and stuff... I mean I thought such people such be a good example to other pvpers in term of good attitude. I just didn't expect his attitude is like that which makes me sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Velshin View Post
    What makes me sad is that guy is a gladiator having the cataclysmic flying twilight mount and stuff... I mean I thought such people such be a good example to other pvpers in term of good attitude. I just didn't expect his attitude is like that which makes me sad.
    Maybe it's me but it doesn't feels like a real/good gladiator person. I would expect him to vanish to open up again with something nasty on you, not to wait for 10mins CDs! I would expect him to rip me up in peaces without that, showing what a really good player he is.

I smell ebay or simular.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabira View Post
    Maybe it's me but it doesn't feels like a real/good gladiator person. I would expect him to vanish to open up again with something nasty on you, not to wait for 10mins CDs! I would expect him to rip me up in peaces without that, showing what a really good player he is.

I smell ebay or simular.
    Yeah the thing is if it was a previous patch which paladin couldn't use divine protection 20% less dmg while stunned I would have died from the opener because of the dmg if I don't bubble but yeah usually in the previous patch I divine shield his first burst opener then he will vanish and wait again for 10 mins or so then comes back. That was how the situations in previous patch but thanks to divine protection usable while stunned I managed to survive his first opener burst with 25% hp left on me.

What 10 min cds do rogues have?

Other than that, nothing says its unfair to wait in a vanish for cds to come back, when you know your opponent has all of his still up, and you want to win the duel.

Childish to go ahead and taunt someone after the duel? Yes, but nothing wrong with his strategy. A little cheap, but it wins fights, so it doesn't matter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mmmmmmmBacon View Post
    What 10 min cds do rogues have?

Other than that, nothing says its unfair to wait in a vanish for cds to come back, when you know your opponent has all of his still up, and you want to win the duel.

Childish to go ahead and taunt someone after the duel? Yes, but nothing wrong with his strategy. A little cheap, but it wins fights, so it doesn't matter.

I never said there something wrong with his strategy I'm fine with it but I'm sad about his attitude if he is using such strategy what is the L2P about? what is the counter of that situation? nothing why he was insisiting it was just L2P issues when there is nothing can be done in such situation? I was never expected to win in the first place I knew I will lose but as I said I was surprised by his attitude since he is a gladiator I thought he would have better atittude than this.

Who knows. If it was more than just average taunting, report him and maybe it'll curve his attitude a bit and make him rethink being an asshole in the future.

Just because they're Gladiators doesn't mean they're above acting like other players do. They can be humble, they can be mute, they can be childish, and they can pricks. I'm not innocent of this myself, when I spent half the time I played back in classic dominating everyone with Reckoning, and then the other half trashtalking people on the forums or in WorldDefense.

But in your situation, no there isn't much that can be done. A rogue won't lose a duel he wants to win if he plays his cards right. Rets have very few duels they can win if its two high caliber players playing against each other, just how the class works.
    Last edited by mmmmmmmBacon; 2013-05-26 at 01:03 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mmmmmmmBacon View Post
    A rogue won't lose a duel he doesn't want to win
    Don't try too hard to understand this sentence. That's the main cause of brain aneurism.

You have to each get in a group of 2 and wargame each other. Eyes on the map. then it's a more fair duel since he can't just vanish and premed recoup every time he's about to die.

Quote Originally Posted by Day Dreamer View Post
    Don't try too hard to understand this sentence. That's the main cause of brain aneurism.
    heh, thanks for the laugh.

"If you want to play rogue correctly, be as annoying as possible."

That's the advice my brother gave me. He is a 2x gladiator rogue.

It's part of the class, man. They can reset the fight if they want. They can escape if they want. It's how it works. I wouldn't take it too personally. It's just a game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldhearth View Post
    "If you want to play rogue correctly, be as annoying as possible."

That's the advice my brother gave me. He is a 2x gladiator rogue.

It's part of the class, man. They can reset the fight if they want. They can escape if they want. It's how it works. I wouldn't take it too personally. It's just a game.

As I said I have no problem to use dirty tricks or such strategy but I was just annoyed by his respond when he said: "L2P issues" because to be honest it's clearly nothing can be done it's his respond and attitude that made me sad because as a pvper gladiators should be good examples for others to encourge more people to play and love pvp more.

Deleted
    shoulda just bubble hearthed outta there if you ask me. or, wait for him to reopen, the bubble hearth. cheap escapes vs cheap escapes ftw

Just check Arenajunkies. Literally every active poster there is nothing but a socially awkward ass.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Senathor View Post
    Just check Arenajunkies. Literally every active poster there is nothing but a socially awkward ass.
    Rofl. Ofcourse, if we weren't socially awkward we wouldn't be playing MMOs. Well most of us, anyway.

Well, I agree that's totally lame in a duel (which it seemed to be since you forfeited and spoke to him ). After all, you duel to have a friendly match, not to wait around until your opponent comes back to gib you.

When I played my rogue, which was in 5.0 or 5.1 and they were completely crap, however, vanishing and waiting 3 minutes for your cooldowns was in fact the only way we stood a chance to win *at all*, and even then it would require superb play, especially versus warriors. You can't really hate the rogues who haven't gotten over the habit, however, I never did this crap in a duel, only arena. It sucked balls. Vanish itself is completely broken if you ask me, and mostly for this reason. Honestly, they should change it to be more like a temporary stealth that lasts for 10 seconds in which you can use your stealth abilities, unless you're out of combat, then it becomes a proper stealth as it is today. Then, preventing the rogue to drop combat much like you would prevent a healer to drop combat becomes an important aspect of the game without totally crippling a rogue (play-wise, lore-wise) by removing a core ability of their arsenal. I realize you can't stop a rogue to drop combat in 1vs1, but as you said, that's not what the game is balanced around.

Deleted
    You can BoP yourself out of the stun. Yes, you heard me, BoP, not divine shield. So you just have to survive 1 minute inbetween the openers. BoP/DS one, trinket one, BoP/DS next, Divine Protection the next and then another BoP, should you survive to cycle through 5 openers.

At least this was the case in 5.2, but i dno, was on my 85 ret twink so...

Quote Originally Posted by Velshin View Post
    Hey everyone, I play retri in pvp the other day I was dueling a cataclysmic gladiator rogue. I knew in the end I will lose because rogues in general are superior in 1 vs 1 and this game is never balanced around 1 vs 1 so here the situation what happened.

First he sapped me and then did the cheapshot combination usual opener while he was doing it I poped my divine protection 20% reduce all dmg (It can be used while stunned this patch which is awesome change). My health down to 25% ish hp I fist of justice him fast to get some instant flash of light heals he fast trinketed the stun then I immediatly blinded him then continue to heal. I switched to seal of justice to kite him around to get more instant flash of light heals opened my cds then he vanished.

Now what happenedis that he vanished for over 10 mins waiting for his cds to come back. After wiating for him for more than 10+ mins I just decided to /forfeit and told him "sorry man but vanishing for over 10 mins waiting for cds then just coming back is just not my cup of tea."

Then he started insulting by saying you just need to L2P and all of that stuff... I mean come on... really? what is the L2P about when you can reset game and just wait over 10+ mins then come back and finishes off your opponent?

If he got you down to 25 percent in the opener he is most likely sub... which means all he has to do is vanish while youre bubbled then a minute later he can come right back and do the same thing when you don't have your bubble which in turn means you lose.

About him staying hidden for 10 minutes, maybe he was trolling you because he knew you were the type of person that would come to mmo-champ with a story like this... OR ... he's the real players younger brother.

Deleted
    dunno how he took 75% of your health in 3 seconds when you had 20% damage reduction up. he used one of the three subterfuge globals on cheap shot, he should be garotting to get benefit from Sanguinary Vein, even if he didn't that's just 2 ambushes and a 5cp Eviscerate. how did that do 300k dmg through divine protection?

Deleted
    10/10 for Troll

Infracted
    Last edited by Nicola; 2013-05-27 at 02:05 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirque View Post
    Vanish itself is completely broken if you ask me, and mostly for this reason. Honestly, they should change it to be more like a temporary stealth that lasts for 10 seconds in which you can use your stealth abilities, unless you're out of combat, then it becomes a proper stealth as it is today.
    so... Shadowdance?