Thread: Gamefly

10+ Year Old Account

Gamefly

I just signed up for the trial and have a few questions/things I'd like confirmed.

For the 360, if you rent a game, you can just install it on your HD and "keep" it forever right?

Is it better to have less games in your queue to get specific ones or do you get the shaft due to low stock?

No. Installed games on 360 still require the disc.

I don't think the amount in your queue really matters. However, if you get a game that maxes out your allowed games then the next day the game you want becomes available it'll go to someone else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay, thanks for clearing that up.

installing the game won't allow you to run it unless you have the disc.

Not sure if it still works but a few years ago, the last time I had gamefly you HAD to have only 1 game in your queue if it was a popular new release and you wanted to get it in a reasonable timeframe. I wasn't impressed with gamefly though. I live in the same city as a distribution center and it would still take anywhere between 5 and 10 days between when I send in a game and when I get the next one. Netflix is between 2 and 3 days

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dasffion View Post
    Not sure if it still works but a few years ago, the last time I had gamefly you HAD to have only 1 game in your queue if it was a popular new release and you wanted to get it in a reasonable timeframe. I wasn't impressed with gamefly though. I live in the same city as a distribution center and it would still take anywhere between 5 and 10 days between when I send in a game and when I get the next one. Netflix is between 2 and 3 days
    Just doing the trial, wanted to play Bioshock Infinite and Assassin's Creed III but didn't really want to buy them. Had FUSE as my 1st but got my 2 and 3 just fine.