Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    I think that's a rather terrible way to end the expansion, to be honest. It's against Garrosh's character to side with demons.
    What about sexy daemonettes ? I would have no regret's siding with them.

Why would Garrosh willingly choose to have his orcs be subjugated to any other race? He isn't about blindly seeking power at any cost. He is motivated by making orcs better then all other races. He will use any method he can to improve his people and to make their holding grander, but he won't seek power from the legion because doing so would place the orcs back under the control of demons.

He doesn't need to be demon, sha, or old god possessed to have these views either.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    I think Illidan and Vash'j are the only legit ones of those. Well, maybe Kil'jeaden too. Don't really know who's idea it was to invade Azeroth, his or his masters. And Kel'thuzad? His own desires? And not Lich Kings? Kael was propably heavily influenced by Burning Legion. I wonder if he even had a free will anymore.
    Dsnt matter with Kil'jeaden since he thought invading Azeroth was a a good and set about ways to make that happen
    Kel'thuzad went to Northrend to join the Lich King on his own, he wsnt forced to,
    Kael joined the Legion of his own free will, they offered him power and magic to sate his addiction and Kael thought such a deal was worth it

Garrosh is hardly the first boss or villian to not be mind controlled or whatever
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Quote Originally Posted by SirPiken View Post
    Why would Garrosh willingly choose to have his orcs be subjugated to any other race? He isn't about blindly seeking power at any cost. He is motivated by making orcs better then all other races. He will use any method he can to improve his people and to make their holding grander, but he won't seek power from the legion because doing so would place the orcs back under the control of demons.

He doesn't need to be demon, sha, or old god possessed to have these views either.
    But he IS blindly seeking power, though. He's already killing off members off his own faction and being hitler because some of his faction members don't agree with his 'kill first, ask questions later tactics'. I think Garrosh actually doesn't have his people's history on mind or his father's victory for the entire orc race against Mannoroth, however I do agree that if he knew he'd be subjugated to other powers, he wouldn't stand for it (such as being Sha slaves, demonically tainted, or old god drones). He's irrational, but he would never give up himself to something else's cause.
    Do not underestimate us.

Deleted
    Metzen would NEVER kill thrall...so no

The best way for it to end is for Varian to stab Thrall in the back killing him after the joint parties celebrate killing Garrosh.

Here's the only appeasing and sensible way to end this atrocity:

...it's the only way to be sure.
    Last edited by ragnarokvr1; 2013-05-26 at 10:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Salandrin View Post
    Malkorok is revealed to be a demon, Garrosh using some undisclosed and low tactic, kills Thrall and Vol'jin, then escapes with Malkorok and a large group of Orc followers with Kil'jaeden, and Garrosh will be seen in a future Expansion(s) forming his own twisted Horde and feature as antagonists in a way.
    The perfect ending to MOP would be Greg Street and Sam Didier getting fired.

Quote Originally Posted by killidan View Post
    The perfect ending to MOP would be Greg Street and Sam Didier getting fired.
    What, Metzen gets a get out of jail card just cause he looks cool and he's ripped?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    wow what a surprise, your waxing lyrical about how much you hate Thrall without any constructive reasoning once again.

The problem with people like you is if they so much as now mention Thrall in anything, you moan about it, even when he should be integral to the events happening in the story. You know what, he was a central hero in WC3, but we didn't hear the insipid whining from people like you about the characters in the story then.

It has nothing to do with character development. All this is, is whats coming from players with a bug up there back end about a lore character being a central role in the story. Now they can't even give him development because of the pissy whiners in the game.
    Yes he was central to Horde in WC3 and it was fine, because he had an adequate position, and the story of WC3 had four different campaigns with different viewpoints, stories and characters. But now after Cataclysm I'm simply fed up with Thrall. Thrall this, Thrall that, Thrall's in Durnholde, Thrall holds the world together, look at Thrall's aspects in elemental planes (wow he has depth because of four never before seen emotions), Thrall pwns Deathwing, Thrall is chosen by all aspects, Thrall goes to save the Horde, Thrall Thrall Thrall. He is Naruto of Warcraft.

I want someone else for a goddamn change! I wanna see more of Zaela, Deathstalker Belmont, Malkorok, Thassarian, Moira and her kid, Trollbanes (both living and undead ones), I wanna see that orc grunt №735 to save the day, rise to power, express his opinion and tell us his story. The world has many visions and stories, not everything has to revolve around three-four ubermegapowerful superheroes deciding the fate of the world by pwning another generic evil baddie all the time. We already have DC Universe and Marvel for that.

---------- Post added 2013-05-27 at 10:28 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    What about sexy daemonettes ? I would have no regret's siding with them.
    Even if they're rabid futa rapists?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    Kael, Illadin, Vashj, Kil'jaden, Kel thuzad
    Corrupted by the legion. corrupted by the legion, corrupted by old gods, is a demon, corrupted by the legion.

All corrupted.

---------- Post added 2013-05-26 at 11:51 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Gilthandir View Post
    The best way for it to end is for Varian to stab Thrall in the back killing him after the joint parties celebrate killing Garrosh.
    wow, are you trying to aim for the most out of character context you can achieve or just can't think of anything creative?
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by Velshin View Post
    I remember the interview with Dave Kosak and Metzen saying something about Garrosh will gradually makes both the Alliance and the Horde turn against him but then he will do this super horrible thing that makes shit hits the fan and start the siege of orgrimmar patch.

Was that about Vol'jin assassination attempt? or will something else will happen at the start of patch 5.4? (killing Varok Saurfang or Thrall for example)?
    Considering he's quite happy to throw his folks to the Sha for power I think you are thinking too small. Pass as to what but I'd imagine it's more on a "could screw us all" kind of scale than screwing with any 1 random NPC regardless of how big or small they are in lore.
    You seriously think it would cause all out war/assault on ogrimmar etc over a bit of faction infighting?!
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Corrupted by the legion. corrupted by the legion, corrupted by old gods, is a demon, corrupted by the legion.
    The 'corrupt' complaint isn't directed at any kind of physical permutations the character has; it's directed at the character's motivation. A "corrupted" character doesn't appear to have any motivation other than "LOL IM CORRUPTED GOTTA DO EVIL SHIT"; someone complaining about a character being corrupted is complaining about an ultimately nonsensical change in a character's moral compass, whose only explanation is "a wizard did it".

Kael, Illidan, and Kel'thuzad all had their motives well explored. Kael wanted to do anything to save his people, and that ended up with him joining the Legion; possibly not the best logical sequence, but it's what happened. Illidan's defining character moments were when he put aside his lust for power to protect Tyrande; you could make a case that his magic addiction is a case of 'corruption', but that's based around a well-established aspect of Warcraft's lore, not something pulled out of Metzen's posterior. Kel'thuzad had a lust for forbidden knowledge and always had a shaky moral compass.

Kil'jaeden and Vashj's motives never changed at any point during the presented story. We don't know what Killy and Archy were like before the Legion took them, and we don't know what Vashj was like before Sargeras got his claws into her. They've never been corrupted during the media; their goals and motives have, for the most part, never changed. They've been consistent, and that's what the fundamental problem with 'corruption' is; consistency. Which, coincidentally, is the one huge problem with the way Garrosh is written.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zubacz View Post
    Since Pride will be the last head (Sha) we kill, the heroic-only encounter could be a fight against some visage of Y'Shaarj. I always liked the old gods the most and I would not mind if they brought back this dead one somehow
    ...no....just damn no!

Ra-den could be excused, because there was nothing related to him throughout the story, except maybe during lorewalker story about Thunderking.
    Same gos for Sinestra.
    But we have all seen the Heart of the Old god in new scenario and know that issue aground it must be resolved, so making that being finished off in Heroic only mode would be a big bullsh17 moment, like Ragnaros, where you had to do heroic mode, to experiance TRUE ending.
    Why should people who play for story be forced to be left out during the key piece of lore, and making it accesible only for "elites".
    Last edited by mmoc6e272995a4; 2013-05-26 at 11:23 PM.

Nah,
    Garrosh dies sacrificing himself to close a portal to Twisting Nether, however, he fails and demons start pouring to Azeroth. After weeks of heavy fighting, defeat seems certain for the civilizations of Azeroth.
    However,
    The church of Holy Light finally succeeds to summon a Naaru. Naaru reveals itself and the whole concept of holy light as the remnants of holy-psychic power a great man once held, it claims that the foul sorcery of demons falsely led Azerothians to revere alien races as their creators, turned them into unclean beings living alongside heretics everyday, and promises salvation. It begins to transmit a signal of some sort.

A few minutes later, all the ships the legion brought with them gets detroyed in one sudden, gigantic explosion. From the fires, ogre-sized metal objects begin to rain down all over Azeroth, hitting the ground with great speed.

Doors of one of the metal objects(which just hit the Church and practially destroyed it in the process) open. With the confused and afraid looks from the crowd, 3 giant, metalic figures emerge from it.

They march, for Macragge.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by madokbro View Post
    They march, for Macragge.
    And they will know no fear.

This expansion has been so horde favored if he doesnt die im quitting.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rowaasr13 View Post
    This would be most shitty and cliche ending ever. Can I PLEASE have villain that is just driven by his own desire just ONCE in a while, please?
    u can have kil'jaeden

Quote Originally Posted by Jshadow View Post
    ...no....just damn no!

Ra-den could be excused, because there was nothing related to him throughout the story, except maybe during lorewalker story about Thunderking.
    Same gos for Sinestra.
    But we have all seen the Heart of the Old god in new scenario and know that issue aground it must be resolved, so making that being finished off in Heroic only mode would be a big bullsh17 moment, like Ragnaros, where you had to do heroic mode, to experiance TRUE ending.
    Why should people who play for story be forced to be left out during the key piece of lore, and making it accesible only for "elites".
    Going to agree here.

Heroic-only bosses work best when they are dealt with as a "secret bonus boss" and not "the actual final boss". Ra-den works very well because you can run the entire Throne of Thunder from start to finish in Normal/LFR mode and not feel like you were missing anything important.

If we do see a heroic only encounter in the SoO, then I would prefer it be something along the lines of some experimental creation that Garrosh planned to unleash on the Horde and Alliance but didn't have time to finish it. Perhaps it's not really all that mobile just yet, so it's not a serious threat to the factions after Garrosh is dead, but it still should be "disposed of" before someone gets it in their head to finish what Garrosh has started.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimord View Post
    You could still fight him and he manages to escape (whatever's in store for the next expac could interfere).
    That would leave with a huge lack of closure for the expansion.