Poll: Lifetime ban on Foostamps - Yes, No, Yes but...

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by N-7 View Post
    And you think that other countries would just accept them?
    It just looked to me that by all the posts here that other countries would want them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wilbbailey View Post
    It just looked to me that by all the posts here that other countries would want them.
    How about no? We try to treat our citizens who served their time equally and justly. We and shouldn't accept your citizens because "you don't want them."

10+ Year Old Account
    lurking in the bushes outside of your window.
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    I feel every one of Joe supporters needs to get a clue and Joe himself should get a prison sentence. Jails are pre-trial custody. The people in them have not been convicted of anything.
    Joe is a scumbag piece of shit, gonna be funny the treatment HE gets in prison. stupid fuck thinks inmates like him, after he shits all over them.

From the bit i've read on him and gathered, he seems to be very stupid and a legend in his own mind. it's a shame the media builds up such a shitbag

on topic, I am real surprised by the responses of most folks. I didn't know what to expect, i'm a former felon myself. I didn't know how folks viewed my time. It was a theft by deception charge (cold checks) that got bumped up after a few. I was stupid, young, freshly married and we had no real way to support ourselves, and no job prospects. We wrote them for shit and sold the shit, and paid rent, and bills.. we did get a bit crazy and I served time so she wouldn't have too. they jumped up the charge and let me eat it to let her get out scott free, with a minor ding on her record. I served time and got out, and did my 5 years probation. piss tested for drugs every week, which i understood. forced to pay for the piss tests (50 bucks) and the parole fee (50 once a week).. and i came close to repeating the cycle. but got a decent job, barely and scraped and clawed by on the 50 a week i had left for 5 years. i don't know how i done it, and i damn sure don't know how folks getting out of prison are suppose to get by at all. god knows about so poor 19-20 year old that gets busted for sleeping with his 16-17 year old girlfriend. Hell, i remember reading about a 18 year old that texted his 17 year old girlfriend a picture of his dick, the mother of the girl pushed hard and got him convicted of a sex crime. was in the news a couple years ago i think. ill cit conduct with a minor or something trumped up shit. got a felony conviction. That poor fuck has no chance in life. registered sex offender for 20 years..

proud of most of you folks for getting it, in the us we do get punished after prison/parole. I got my voting and guns rights back, so glad i did. I got my rights restored and although it's still there if digging is done, i pretty much have it gone. it's a fucked up system..punished until death in alot of cases. if it was a drug/violent charged, i'd be fucked for life.
    Last edited by ciggy; 2013-05-27 at 03:20 AM.

Best solution imo, make an island out of california along the san andreas fault. Deport all criminals to it. Let them figure it out.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

Quote Originally Posted by Day Dreamer View Post
    Yes, I propose mass executions for petty crimes, so society doesn't have to pay the bills for housing the criminals.

Could be a great Twilight Zone episode.
    I went out to watch the mass executions but I broke my glasses and couldn't see them
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    Best solution imo, make an island out of california along the san andreas fault. Deport all criminals to it. Let them figure it out.
    That movie was not only terrible, but also ended with the convicts "figuring it out" by depriving the entire world of their overly privileged lifestyles.

No crime should be punishable by removing one the safety nets between that person and Death by Starvation.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Depends on the drug and nature of the crime.

At the same time, the court system convicts innocents.

So I would not support something like this. If people like Mark Sanford can get a second chance at getting into office, then a violent offender should get a second chance at a somewhat modest life.

Quote Originally Posted by Raidbozz View Post
    It's jail...it's punishment. I feel every prison should be like this: http://www.cnn.com/US/9907/27/tough.sheriff/
    Just shows how ignorant and full of hate you are. Would hate to be you, you probably get pissed off that you have to piss when you wake up in the morning.

edit: I mean wow, I looked up the douchebag you mentioned and it looks like he's gotten his just desserts at least. http://abcnews.go.com/US/arizona-she...5#.UaMY95xaZ0g

Look at the picture of him, he steams with hatred and you think the guy's a hero. I feel bad for you in a way and honestly hope you seethe in your own hatred and anger instead of being in a position to expend it on somebody else. (If you ever find a woman as pissed off as you are for example, I can certainly see your kids having to explain a few black eyes in school)

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    This doesn't make sense.

"Hey you criminals may have a tough time getting a job now that you're a criminal... also were giving you no aid, so... figure it out."
    Yep. Exactly. Our "justice" system is seriously archaic and it's truly sickening to think that there are still such naive minded people as to think it needs to go a step further.

Quote Originally Posted by Raidbozz View Post
    You mean people who disregarded the rules of society and decided to do whatever they felt like with total disregard for anyone else and possibly depending on their crime for anyone elses safety?
    Out of curiosity how old are you? I've noticed your terrible attempt at using basic literacy when trying to debate and your opinions just scream of a sheltered little man living in a big world that he can not comprehend.
    Last edited by Hurwyn; 2013-05-27 at 08:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arganis View Post
    What's point of being inhumane like this? Might as well execute people you think don't even deserve food stamps... The end.
    Yeah, because there's no difference at all between feeding someone and letting them feed themselves... And that's more than a bit dramatic to equate execution to refusal of food stamps.

---------- Post added 2013-05-27 at 02:34 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by drwelfare View Post
    What about lifetime requirements limiting where someone can live/work which makes most areas unable to be lived in, things like unable to live or work within a quarter mile in any direction of a park, church, or even a school bus stop?
    Pushes people where they have few options and might push some too far. Better to kill someone or let them live a shell of a life?
    Because we need pedos fighting over the houses by the bus stops? Keep the sickos away from my son, thanks. I don't give a shit if him molesting kids "has made life difficult" for him.

---------- Post added 2013-05-27 at 02:50 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Ever speed in your car? Criminal? lol, yah, lets lock you up. Then deport you. and FYI, you AIN'T coming to my country. Criminal, enjoy starvin, Marvin.
    Still seem like a hot plan?
    OH! your Mom just got caught speeding....say goodbye to your rotten Mom, lets lock her up with rapists and murderers.
    And when she gets out, lets punish her more. In fact, lets just hook your Mom up to horses and drag her to bits.
    Still sound good?
    get off your soap box and get with reality.
    Let's try to keep the conversation at least a LITTLE less idiotic. We're talking rapists and murderers here, not parking tickets. If you can't wrap your kind around different degrees of lawbreaking, go back to elementary school and leave the conversations to the big kids.

---------- Post added 2013-05-27 at 03:01 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Skroesec View Post
    There is no justice without mercy.

Where is the justice of depriving people of food for whatever crime they committed?

This idea... that society should retaliate against certain crimes by depriving individuals of access to food that they depend on, is the very definition of barbarism. It's supporters, including every individual who voted in this thread to support it, should be ashamed of themselves.
    Settle down with the dramatics. Nobody is saying they aren't allowed to eat, only that we don't support feeding them. Felon X can go out and get a job and buy his own dinner just like I do.

---------- Post added 2013-05-27 at 03:08 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Althalus View Post

And just for anyone that read this far i am not trying to bash the US as i think its great it just needs to look more inward then outward.
    There are a lot of us here who agree. I'd like to see what happens if for 10 years or so the US cut the billions we give away and used it to fix our own problems. I'd like to see the benefit of my tax dollars before they get shipped halfway around the world to someone I don't know, will never meet, and don't care about. Once we've got our shit straight, sure, help the world, but not until then.

Quote Originally Posted by steale View Post
    Settle down with the dramatics. Nobody is saying they aren't allowed to eat, only that we don't support feeding them. Felon X can go out and get a job and buy his own dinner just like I do.
    Felon X already has a record of cutting people's throats to buy his own dinner.

1000% For it. If you trade tax payers money for drugs you don't deserve help.

Quote Originally Posted by steale View Post
    The problem is it's not just anyone looking to get a job, "We're talking rapists and murderers here". Have you ever tried to help get someone like that a job? The truth of it is, its hardly just as simple as going out and getting one. Now, maybe they should have thought about it beforehand, but the issue still remains that we do let people out of prison after they have served their time and that is unlikely to change.

We owe it to at least ourselves to allow them the chance when they get out - most of the time they leave with nothing but a stay at 3/4 housing or halfway housing and are in debt due to owing court/parole costs.
    If we seriously want them to stay out, we have to be willing to part with some taxpayer money to ensure they have the resources to do so, one of those resources being food. Otherwise, what we are really doing is setting them up for failure, and then pointing fingers and saying "see, the system doesn't work" when they have nowhere to go but back. At the end of the day, that's cheaper than just re-incarcerating them, if that's your primary concern.

A lot of states have reentry initiatives that provide social services with emphasis on finding permanent fixtures like employment, and many times, locating employment and taking work training is one of the conditions of parole. As long as these individuals are participating with service, attending employment fairs and taking the trainings, and making an honest go of it, I see no issue with providing them benefits.