Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Why someone would want a dead server on an MMO is beyond me but blizz could set a "dead" server by capping it at x people if they really wanted, hell there are so many that they could just merge some servers into one and keep a few or whatever number of the dead servers for people who want that experience. For me personally I do not and want the MMO part of an MMORPG which should NOT have to be paid, via xfer, to get it. As far as names if they are so stuck on names they could use the server from which they came as a surname, i.e. Metatation the Insane of Warsong, but to basically hinder a large(I'm assuming this) portion of the paying populace due to something as small as names or preference to low pop is rediculous and CRZ wil not solve any of it especially since its been what years now since this has been a problem and what do we have for it some CRZ in low level zones.. yippeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. I dont know but would love to see data income of xfers and faction changes to get a real sense of whether this lack of attention to this ever growing problem could possible be monetary or something else. Hell whats the point in coming back to the game if your servers dead? You wont get to raid normal or progress through the tier more than likely, unless you count LFR as progressing. The only realist part is blizz would rather have dying servers than healthy populations per server, as to why I dont know, or else this would have been fixed by now.When it comes down to it is there really a big difference between merging and xfering besides choice and money?
    Last edited by metatation; 2013-05-26 at 06:46 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bungeebungee View Post
    The problem with merging servers is that servers which appear empty now have inactive characters on them. That's fine until one of those moments when the extra players log on, for example when a new expansion is released. As a side issue, there is also the matter of where to put the inactive characters. Is Blizzard just going to randomly assign them? That's not apt to go over well.
    Why not...EQ and SWTOR did it. the whole server merges...not just some.

Quote Originally Posted by bungeebungee View Post
    The problem with merging servers is that servers which appear empty now have inactive characters on them. That's fine until one of those moments when the extra players log on, for example when a new expansion is released. As a side issue, there is also the matter of where to put the inactive characters. Is Blizzard just going to randomly assign them? That's not apt to go over well.
    Whats going to happen when they log on? What issue are you speaking of? Maybe blizz could you know combine a whole bunch of dead servers since there are alot and merge them into a mega server, then would this help solve your hypothetical issue. I'm really not following your logic... I assume the inactive accounts would be merged and maybe those people would come back to play since you know they might get to play with other people and progress through the tier.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    I think the first part is way overblown. I've leveled an alt recently and profession mats (herbing) were as easy to come by as before. That's just one data point but it's true that the herbing/mining nodes were never set up with the expectation that one person could farm them endlessly.

As for majority wins? If Blizzard were allowing us to vote on it I suppose that might be true. So far this appears to be one of those things that we're not going to get to vote on. I'm just being a realist here.
    While I agree to a point. the thing about majority winning was somewhat a joke lol, although I dont see why they would alienate that many people.

I like the idea of making CRZ global. Instead of merging servers so that there's all kind of drama with who has the right to what name and so on, just make CRZ always on in all parts of the world. Cross realm AH, guild invites, etc etc. Realms become little more than an identifier tag to go along with your title - like Professor Hablix of Emerald Dream <Raven Guard>.

I hope that currently high pop realms don't get left out. I rolled on a high pop server because I wanted to see people and for the world to be busy and I'm a little concerned that an ultimate solution would leave currently low and medium realms feeling more populated than currently high realms.

I feel sorry for the high population realms bc from the looks of it they are going to be getting an influx of players which will increase the que for them. Honestly what difference does it make to merge servers if the majority of people are going to tx to the high pop servers anyway? By the time this stabilizes there may only be a few large servers left anyways.

I think Blizzard's answer will be to make everything they can CRZ.

CRZ zones, auction house, trade, guilds, trading, etc. So that it's like it's one big server, like in Diablo.

The cost of all of this will be MUCH more expensive than to just simply merge servers.