Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

[PVP] Who else is happy with Enhancement this patch?

Hey, guys

I finally feel enhancement is in a good place. The 10% passive reduction was long due and helped a lot. The accross-the-board PVP power nerf helped a lot too.

I no longer die in a rogue/mage opener and I even killed several rogues and demo/destro locks 1 on 1 while going for the 11k conquest cap. Damage outside of cooldowns feels strong for the first time since patch 4.2, which was a long time ago.

We still have some weaknesses (which is normal), being unable to use totems while silenced is the worst, but overall I feel very satisfied with my pvp experience so far.

Anyone else feeling the same?

15+ Year Old Account
    idd its much much beter altrough some reliable CC and real defensive cd would make things much more smoth
    we can allways play with pala i supose

"Hope for the best and prepare for the worst"

10+ Year Old Account
    Its way better i agree. But we still need double purge back. Lightning and healing storm glyphs are mandatoryand i would argue that sham rage is too. I will never forgive blizzard for taking my double purge away. If we had it back i think we would be just right

Edit: and possibly a real defensive too. Like dispersion or astral shift sort of ability. It needs to be usable while stunned or silenced since we cant drop totems.
    Last edited by Starsinn; 2013-05-26 at 03:59 PM.
    Being constructive feels good. You should try it.

Personaly i Love 5.3 Enh PvP , i feal Immortal in 1v1 fights

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't imagine that they will let enhance the way it currently is in pvp. They can literally 1 shot people. Been playing 3s with an enhance as mage myself, and seen plenty of times that the target was down before my frost bomb even exploded/my shatter, just from the enhance. Enhance is beyond insane atm.

I don't personally.

Instead of bridging the large distance between our (terrible) non burst damage and our burst damage (which was already pretty awesome) or adding more utility they just made us mongoloids.

I'd rather they just have given back double purge and maybe buffed windfury on top of the other changes instead of buffing SS/LL making us do stupid burst.

Quote Originally Posted by Starsinn View Post
    Edit: and possibly a real defensive too. Like dispersion or astral shift sort of ability. It needs to be usable while stunned or silenced since we cant drop totems.
    Isn't Shamanistic Rage usable while stunned? It's one of the best defensive cds in the game what with the cooldown and damage reduction. And you have plenty other defensives in between Maelstrom heals, Spirit Wolves and tier 1 talents. Shaman definitely aren't hurting defensively at this point.

And they seem to be attempting to bring Enhancement back to WotLK levels by making it retardedly bursty. But I guess that's alright since the spec/class doesn't have a trillion CC's. Honestly I would say the Enhancement archetype is PERFECT. A class that has amazing potential but doesn't have the tools to remove other players from the game or not give them the opportunity to respond to high burst.
    Last edited by Flaks; 2013-05-26 at 05:51 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Deleted
    Enhancement has a lot of keys so...keep it. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Emophia View Post
    I don't personally.

Instead of bridging the large distance between our (terrible) non burst damage and our burst damage (which was already pretty awesome) or adding more utility they just made us mongoloids.

I'd rather they just have given back double purge and maybe buffed windfury on top of the other changes instead of buffing SS/LL making us do stupid burst.
    So much this, a reliable stun or silence instead of capacitor would much appreciated.

dont notice the 10%. burst is stupid. glyph choices locked. im over enhance, this spec is retarded.
    Arena Master Elemental Shaman
    Maeros@Illidan
    http://www.twitch.tv/chroniclinex
    http://www.youtube.com/chroniclinex

Had an enhance one shot me in Kotmogu last night. MH something hit me for 260k and his OH something hit me for 135k. All at one time. So I think they're in a pretty good "spot" hah...

I don't personally.

It was a substantial boost to our sustained output, more so than burst. All of our active sources of damage were buffed; which is actual a very good thing and where we want the bulk of our damage to be since we can't stick to targets like glue and hope for Windfury procs. Thats pretty much how PvP has been in Enh's past and it was horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by zenga View Post
    They can literally 1 shot people.
    OK, so my gear isn't best in slot, but I'm yet to literally 1 shot anyone, at all.

First of all, the damage buffs are nice, so I actually do some decent damage now. However the double purge nerf still hurts but it's understandably powerful, especially for resto. I still flop like a frog with Sham Rage up in full Tyrannical if the other team is going full mongoloid on me, plus dying in a Strangulate/Silence is still total bullshit if I don't have my trinket up.

Otherwise, it's generally better than in 5.2. I'm locked for glyph choices since I need that 10% damage reduction, and the Healing Storm Glyph cuz I'm squishy, and Sham Rage Glyph is too good to pass up in my opinion. Alas, Enhance will remain one of the more neglected specs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crazed View Post
    Alas, Enhance will remain one of the more neglected specs.
    Not sure what you expect more out of enhance then. They are the best melee class together with unholy dk's, closely followed by rets. They have a multitude of comps that can beat anything. DK's have so called better survivability, as they can sit the entire time in blood presence + they can use double runic conversion. However that comes at the cost of free death coils, and thus less chances for their pet to transform = they trade survivability for a ton of damage. Enhance has a 2min shield wall (or whatever T1 talent), shamanistic rage and unleash fury where you can swap stances for an additional 40% dmg reduction for 5s every 15s. And you have the shamanistic rage glyph and the lightning shield glyph. Sick off and self healing. And the burst is among the best in the game + a ton of utility for your team.
    Really what do other melee have more/better than enhance?

Honestly I don't get it. If you take all specs into accounts, shamans are the best pvp class by miles this patch. Ele is among the best casters, resto among the best healers and enhance among the best melee. It's kinda mindblowing that people still say that shamans (insert spec) are neglected in pvp.

15+ Year Old Account
    shamans are the best pvp class by miles this patch.
    this are really strong words imo, yes burst can be insane expecially with ascenadance but we are forced to play with clas that have some strong CCs and/or can throw some defensive cds on us cos tbh our cc is not best in the game, hell i would even say its one of the worst,
    our survivability cds are somewhat beter after 5,3 but still other clases can just literally reset the fight or etleast force you to switch targets with 100% dmg immunities which is helpful and can give you couple sec advantage while your team m8 is unloading all he got on enemy

"Hope for the best and prepare for the worst"

Quote Originally Posted by nazrakin View Post
    It was a substantial boost to our sustained output, more so than burst. All of our active sources of damage were buffed; which is actual a very good thing and where we want the bulk of our damage to be since we can't stick to targets like glue and hope for Windfury procs. Thats pretty much how PvP has been in Enh's past and it was horrible.
    No that's not what we want because it makes us mongoloids that paired with any other melee or hunter lets us gib anyone in the opener and gets us hotfixed nerfed.

Buffing our burst when it was already great was one of the stupidest things blizzard could do.

No that's not what we want because it makes us mongoloids that paired with any other melee or hunter lets us gib anyone in the opener and gets us hotfixed nerfed.

Buffing our burst when it was already great was one of the stupidest things blizzard could do.
    Again, it wasn't a buff to our burst, it was a buff to active skills. Sustained output was boosted significantly, burst was boosted incidentally. If Blizzard decides that our burst is too strong then nerfing LL/SS and forcing greater reliance on chance skills (windfury) and autoattacks is the absolute worst thing that could happen. A far better idea would be to reduce overall Acendance damage, while increasing its uptime, similar to what they've done with other burst heavy classes.

Quote Originally Posted by nazrakin View Post
    Again, it wasn't a buff to our burst, it was a buff to active skills
    Which was a direct buff to our burst.

75% more Stormblast weapon damage + 50% more LL weapon damage were both direct burst buffs.

And rewarding you for sticking on your target would be a good thing, the game is already too mongoloid friendly.

Which was a direct buff to our burst.

75% more Stormblast weapon damage + 50% more LL weapon damage were both direct burst buffs.

And rewarding you for sticking on your target would be a good thing, the game is already too mongoloid friendly.
    We did not get 75% more Stormblast or 50% Lava Lash damage, its was only a 20% increase in each's output. Enhancement use to be a high passive damage spec, it was horrible and not fun in anyway to sit and pray for Windfury procs. There is still plenty of "reward" for sticking to the target but large reliance on passive and unpredictable damage is a horrible design. If Blizzard wants to bring down burst there are ways to do that without returning us to the Lich King days. However, the SS/LL buffs were absolutely warranted.