Thread: Mag 10M N Help

Mag 10M N Help

Logs posted below. For the first four tries we went GRGRBGR... For all of the rest we went BGRBGRB... The closest we got was with the latter straegy and we killed 6 heads but had multiple people drop during rampage before 7 was dead. We only got that far once. I am looking for some serious help (strategy changes, personnel changes, specifics that an individual can fix (I'm the blood dk by the way), whatever) I hope you guys can find something, cause it's becoming an annoying wall that I can't quite pinpoint. Thanks in advance.

WOL/reports/rt-tv78wgudg7q7iuat/

Deleted
    Here's your log: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-tv78wgudg7q7iuat/

I looked at your longest attempt and your dps is seriously low, same with your healing. Your Warrior tank is doing more dmg than 2 of your dps, that's really bad tbh.

You lost a person due to Acid Rain - something that can and should be avoided. I'm guessing said person didn't move out of the big green circle on the ground? People dying to Cinders, meaning healers didn't dispel fast enough and or the person wasn't healed while having Cinders.

You need to sort a CD rotation for Rampage and your Disc Priest - should have Spirit Shell up for every single one.

Honestly, your raid group needs to improve a lot. As I said, both dmg and healing is extremely low.

15+ Year Old Account
    We tried several rotations before settling on BRBRGRG, with lust on head 6 and any remaining personal CDs on head 7. Really minimizes the amount of raid dmg going out as you get very few poison bursts as they only start on heads 6 and 7. As long as people don't suck at kiting the beams and dropping cinders it's pretty straightforward.

Sure does not help not having a hand of purity, or even 2.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy8 View Post
    Sure does not help not having a hand of purity, or even 2.
    Don't need a Paladin to kill Meg. Yes it helps but that's not the OP's problem. The problem is crap damage and crap healing plus lack of dispelling/awareness. I know it may sound harsh but that's the reality.

I don't know what kind of gear you guys have but this far into the Tier, you should be more than geared to kill Normal Meg.

I'm surprised you even got to Meg with that kind of dps lol

Thanks for posting the link and getting feedback so quick. I appreciate it. Yea, I know the dps and heals are a bit low. Just don't know enough about all their classes to offer advice myself. Appreciate the quick feedback though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drafty View Post
    Thanks for posting the link and getting feedback so quick. I appreciate it. Yea, I know the dps and heals are a bit low. Just don't know enough about all their classes to offer advice myself. Appreciate the quick feedback though.
    I can't really tell you what people need to do different. But I can link you a log of our last Meg kill (Heroic though). We have some of the classes you're using, maybe you can check the ability used and compare uptime and count etc.

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-zz...=10730&e=11165

Alternatively, the people need to do something themselves, which they kinda should tbh. Direct them to MMO class forums and have them link your logs. There's a lot of very good players on MMO and most of the time people are more than happy to offer help.

Quote Originally Posted by Danishgirl View Post
    Alternatively, the people need to do something themselves, which they kinda should tbh. Direct them to MMO class forums and have them link your logs. There's a lot of very good players on MMO and most of the time people are more than happy to offer help.
    I understand. Unfortunately, most of them would probably not look to post logs on a forum and ask for advice. Only a small number would I think. I will pose it to them.

Again, thanks for the quick turnout and keeping it real. I had a feeling it was low, just wasn't sure how low in comparison to what is needed realistically to be downing stuff regularly in normal modes.

If anyone else has anything at all (strategy changes, personnel changes, specifics that an individual can fix,, whatever) please let me know. I appreciate it.

You should literally just tell them to stop wasting everyone's money and take 10 minutes to read through one of the multiple well-written class guides on here. No point in bringing a mage who chain casts pyroblasts like a boss for max dps.

Like really, this is the first step. Make them take 10 minutes (even out of raid if you have to) and have them learn how to play the damn class. That'll give you more of a dps boost than anything really.

Regarding your monk healer: Quick look at your longest attempt (number 5 at 7 min long) and he did not use a single Revival, which is his 3 min raid healing CD. he could have used it twice, on the first rampage and then the 4th. That alone would have saved your healers a lot of mana and helped them later one. He only used expel harm 4 times. With a 15 second cooldown he could have used it many, many more time. It gives a practically free Chi. It should be used on CD. He's using his thunder focus tea which is good. Perhaps using spinning crane kick would be a better use. He should Renewing mist, SPC SPC uplift during rampages. It is mana intensive but the healing between rampages is not very much, especially if you're only killing two green heads. A monk is not my main but I know for a fact this will help him.

You priest could be doing more atonement between rampages to top off the tanks. He should use spirit shell for every single rampage (spirit shell is a minute CD and the rampages are probably a minute apart with your dps, maybe even more). He could use inner focus more, once for every rampage.

Your shaman, make sure he keeps up water shield (he only gained 2k mana from it? wuuut?). Also keep earth shield on the tanks (only 70k healing...? definitely needs work on shields). Needs moar riptide as well. Basically he really needs to be on top of his cooldowns. He should healing tide on the 2nd and 5th rampage if your monk does 1 and 4. The priest can barrier 3 and 7 (7 hits the hardest -> reduced damage.) SLT (spirit link totem) can also be used on 2 and 5, or with number 7 if you guys are taking a lot and your healer's mana is low. I don't even see a spirit link totem in the logs so I don't think he even used it O_O Unless I'm being blind. He should unleash life before he drops a healing rain, every single time that he can, especially during rampages.

As for your strategy, my raid downed it the first time doing G R G R B G R. We did it with myself (Resto druid), a disc priest and a holy pally. However, we recently switched to only green and red and it seems to be even easier than our original one (probably due to gear increases though.) As long as people do not stand in the green acid bombs, the damage between rampages is minimal and you only have to kite ice beam for the final two heads, which should allow you healers to focus more on dispelling cinders and actually healing. As for cinders, be sure the affected person runs out quickly to a spot outside of the raid so that he can be dispelled quickly. The priest should bubble him (if he has the body and soul talent, even better!) to prevent random deaths, especially during the acid bombs. He can Leap of Faith someone as well if they are too slow. Assign one person to dispel group 1 and another for group 2 to avoid everyone wasting mana on dispels.

*whew* I'm not proficient enough with any of your dps classes or your tanks to offer suggestions for them. Hopefully the healing advice helps though :3
    Last edited by Jordaen; 2013-05-25 at 05:32 AM. Reason: clarification
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    judging 25man raiding by LFR standards saying it requires no coordination, is like saying 5mans require cheese sandwiches because i like turtles.

Yes, the healing advice is a big big help. I know the Priest is a bit low on the SS/Atonement use. I know 0 about monks so thank you. As for your strategy, we tried it the first four attempts and my co-tank (warrior) was getting absolutely destroyed by the 4th or 5th head, so that is why we changed it to rotate all 3 heads and minimize the tank damage as much as we could. I am more then willing to go back though, maybe it was a matter of cd usage for him or something (I personally know very little about warrior tanks).

Thanks for your post though. Pooling a lot of stuff to get back to these guys with.

Deleted
    We did our first kill only going Green/Red/Green/Red...

We save lust for the last Red rampage and rotate CDs, especially for the last rampage. During lust you probably wont need a strong one since lust should be plenty.
    On our first kill we 3 healed the fight and it was no problem. Ne next ID we switched to 2 healing for nhc (avg gear was probably somewhere around 515-517 at that time).

Have a ranged camp and a melee camp. When some1 has cinders have him run out instantly and have healers dispel after 3 sec, not longer since later the dmg is getting high. For avoiding the green stuff, range should run to melee and back, that way there is as little movement as possible (and thus more dps).

btw Hand of Purity does not work anymore. only the 10% dmg reduction works. Honestly I dont know why this spell still is in the game since nearly every good opportunity for it seems not to work (Frostbite on Council hc, Megaera breaths, Durumu hc add debuff, primordius volatile pathogen and maybe more). Have you tanks always have some sort of reduction up for the later breaths. DK should use the glyph that gives shorter shield wall cd etc.

Regarding dps problems. Just looking at the active times of some of your dps tells a lot. Only the rouge has nearly 100%, everyone else is way below, the mage has 77%, dunno what he/she does the rest of the time.

worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-3163w401z7vf1wcb/?s=8895&e=9240 (cant post full yet)

Maybe your shami heal can have a look since he should be ably too really pull on those rampages.
    Last edited by mmocbe56772680; 2013-05-25 at 10:08 AM.

Thanks for the strategy advice.

Danish Girl is right, I don't think it's much of a strategy problem, but more of a player execution problem. That said, my guild does it with BRBRBRB because it allows us to 2 man heal it. You need the people with cinders to run over the blue ice on the floor though.

Yeah idk why people go blue at all, so much easier to just go g/r/g etc. Also you have 3 dps that are low might wana replace or tell em to step up.

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    The answer is simple really.

You got 2 dps that should be replaced, same goes for all 3 healers.

I assume you cannot replace them, but then they need to improve A LOT.
    The grass is always greener - The times were always better