Page 21 of 40 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannica View Post
    Why the crude, should KJ be the final boss? Don't you think this is too predictable and bad for the story flow?
    Because he technically wasn't, originally. He's the final boss in what was a filler raid. The final boss of Burning Crusade was Illidan. Having Kil'jaeden show up was a suprise. So having him as the thematic big bad end boss in the next expansion would have a completely different feel.

Not to mention by that logic the last boss of Wrath of the Lich King is Halion, not the Lich King.

I think after filler xpacks as cata and pandaria(lore wise), the core of te lore must finally be pushed a bit.
    They aren't lore filler. Pay more attention. Both Cata and MoP are full of Old God, Titan and inter-faction lore. Just because they aren't focused on the Burning Legion doesn't mean its not part of the core lore.

---------- Post added 2013-06-09 at 03:09 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Arridor View Post
    Maybe all the current races have boobs because they're all mammals as of now? :P I think it'd be quite refreshing if female arakkoa were only marginally different from the males. I mean, people playing a bird race probably wouldn't be looking for sexiness anyway.
    Look at Turians from Mass Effect. When they added a female model people complained she was too ugly and didn't jave boobs. Turians are reptiles. Yeah...

Its unavoidable that they'll get bigger eyes, eyelashes and a slimmer figure. Not unless Blizzard just say 'no' and give male and female Arakkoa and Ogres the exact same model. Which would be hilarious and awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Soratrox View Post
    If I were Sargeras I would have stopped trying to invade Azeroth by this point. It clearly isn't going to work out, and really, why do they even need the planet?
    Because Azeroth is merely a prison for a giant monster, Old God style. He wants to release it!
    I'm not a native English speaker, and yet, I don't suck at English. The argument "English is not my mother tongue" doesn't actually give you an excuse to do so.

I'm really glad most of you don't work for Blizzard. A lot of the ideas just don't seem well thought out... Others are way to complicated. Some are just incredibly improbable...like a 4th spec. I read something about a warlock becoming a tank and the 4th spec basically a reskinned demonology. WAKE UP! Demonology is already a spec!! I don't know where people got the idea what casters should be tanks or blizzard wants to completely redo the specs of classes. I guess from DKs... but that class needed an over haul. All classes already got their overhaul! Why would they do it again?

Quote Originally Posted by Durandro View Post
    Because he technically wasn't, originally. He's the final boss in what was a filler raid. The final boss of Burning Crusade was Illidan. Having Kil'jaeden show up was a suprise. So having him as the thematic big bad end boss in the next expansion would have a completely different feel.

Not to mention by that logic the last boss of Wrath of the Lich King is Halion, not the Lich King.

They aren't lore filler. Pay more attention. Both Cata and MoP are full of Old God, Titan and inter-faction lore. Just because they aren't focused on the Burning Legion doesn't mean its not part of the core lore.
    Technically, KJ is the last endboss of TBC, cause he technically is. Lore wise he is the last endboss too, cause Sunwell raid isn't a filler raid, like the halion raid. Its a full fleshed out raid on grand scale with lots of lore backed up. Did you ever read the inerview of Blizz that Sunwell was planned right from the start of the expansion?. Actually, if Illidan would have survived he ordeal at the BT, he certainly wanted to take part in the sunwell tale, too, as it was created by the vials of the well of eternity. Just blizz screwed the lore in TBC, cause they originally just intended Illidan beeing the last boss for TBC, but they completely failed here. Also remember, TBC was legion themed, and KJ is the leader of the legion, while Illidan almost had no appearance in that xpack at all till he got confronted in BT. Maybe just in 2 quests in the shadowmoon valley. But, Illidan got full detailed character development in WC3 and its expansion.The comparission with halion is pretty ridiculous, and certainly doesn't apply to my logic or any logic at all.

Cata and MoP do not have fleshed out main villians that are as fully developed as arthas or illidan, that was my point. Deathwing and Garrosh simply can't compare and were quite annyoing to have as a lore character at all. Titan and Old gold lore has nothing to do with this. Got that lore in wrath, too in ulduar. I don't think its something special to be mentioned, but rather background basics that drive the whole wow universe, exactly like magic in a fiction based game.
    There is no personalty and character development in place, stuff that drives a good story in those last 2 xpacks, either its a new filler boss that gets quickly vanquished or its just a relaunch of an vanilla boss(neferian, onyxia, ragnaros), Deathwing was really bad implemented as endboss. And if Garrosh really is the last boss in MoP i dunno see how thats going to be a good thing, such a horrible character he makes no sense. Blizz did a way better job on his father, Grom Hellscream. He was hot tempered too, but somehow made sense for the story mechanics and was less of a dumb crybaby that just screw with stuff on purpose?
    Last edited by Tyrannica; 2013-06-09 at 03:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Theupsman View Post
    I'm really glad most of you don't work for Blizzard. A lot of the ideas just don't seem well thought out... Others are way to complicated. Some are just incredibly improbable...like a 4th spec. I read something about a warlock becoming a tank and the 4th spec basically a reskinned demonology. WAKE UP! Demonology is already a spec!! I don't know where people got the idea what casters should be tanks or blizzard wants to completely redo the specs of classes. I guess from DKs... but that class needed an over haul. All classes already got their overhaul! Why would they do it again?
    Insulting people is fun, yeah?

Mind you, this is a forum, not a job. Besides that, Game Designers don't just say "ok this is my idea" and then it's implemented. It's just not that simple, especially for Blizzard Game Designers.
    I'm not a native English speaker, and yet, I don't suck at English. The argument "English is not my mother tongue" doesn't actually give you an excuse to do so.

yeah i think dks really need an overhaul they are left behind. But i think with the exception of ferals, all other tank specs need another dd or heal talent tree, cause tanking is crippling too much, especially if you play pvp. There is no place for tanking there, it got removed now with the debuff in rbgs and never was useful in mop arenas to begin with. The best it could do was to annoy people. Its terrybad for instance, that blood spec of the dk has no dd spec since cata preperation patch, but palas, monks and warriors need to be looked at, too.

---------- Post added 2013-06-09 at 03:26 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Noxiye View Post
    Because Azeroth is merely a prison for a giant monster, Old God style. He wants to release it!
    where did you got that? Just 1? thought there are multiple old gods?
    Why on earth should he want to release them?

In my book he is after the sunwell/well of eternity energies and all the riches that azeroth got for him and revenge.
    Last edited by Tyrannica; 2013-06-09 at 03:28 PM.

World of Warcraft: Forgotten Nightmares

Takes place under Azeroth through a series of Caves and the like. It takes the idea of the Spider Kingdom expansion and expands on it as there won't be just spiders in the expansion.

"What truly happened to Azeroth as the world plunged into chaos?" "The planet itself is calling out to me, crying in pain like a beast with at thorn in its side" "I believe that the world is much more damaged than what my father did" - Quotes from the Black Prince

New Content Area : Caves of Azeroth
    New Playable Race(Horde): Ogres
    New Playable Race(Alliance): Ethereal
    New Playable Class: Spirit Knight
    Level Cap Raised to 100, with raids at level 95
    Final Boss: A'Zeroth, The Worldly Nightmare
    New Profession: Excavating
    3 Cities(1 for each faction and 1 for joint): Goblins Undermine(Horde), Kul-Tiras(Think similar to Raftfleet in Suikoden 5 combined with an Island), Dark Void Encampment(Both) headed by the Ethereals and Ogres working together

The Caves of Azeroth consist of 15 zones spanning from Pandaria to Outland, and while they are just caves, each zone is different from the last, and features things like cracks in the planet where rain will seep in, snow will fall, giant openings in the planet forming what looks like giant cliffs surrounding the zone(Think BL2: Hammerlocks Big Hunt)

Also has natural disasters occurring at random points, a flood at point 1 which can add quest mobs that only last X amount of minutes, a quest mob that only spawns during a thunderstorm or a blizzard, an earthquake which can both spawn enemies and deal damage if your not careful

4 World Bosses: Spirits of Heat, Cold, Fog, and Thunder
    New Raid: Caverns of Time: Shades of Proudmoore(Final Boss: Admiral Proudmoore)
    New Raid: Island of Zandalar(Final Boss: King Rastakhan)
    New Raid: Sunset Peak(Final Boss: Lorewalker Cho)(this raid is more like the Shado-Pan Monastery part where you challenge the 100 disciples)(no real evil in this raid, just a training ground to prepare you for the final boss of the expansion)

New Raid: Scarlet Catacombs(Final Boss: Spirit of Mal' Ganis)(Hidden Boss: Mal'Ganis)
    New Raid: Tomb of the Fallen(Final Boss: Spirit of Uther)

New Raid: Fallen City of Stromgarde(Final Boss: Galen Trollbane)

New Raid: Temple of the Seven Stars(Final Boss: Illusions of the Past)(Illidan, Arthas, Medivh, Proudmoore, Garrosh, Deathwing, and Kael'Thas Sunstrider)

New Raid: Labyrinth Core(Final Boss A'zeroth, the spirit of the planet)

New Battleground: Assault of Sunset Keep
    New Battleground: Vorgamar Caverns

New Battleground: War on Wintermaul
    New Battleground: Castle Frenzy(similar to Footmen Frenzy)

New Battleground: Caverns of Time: Thunder Valley

Seven Dungeons plus 3 remastered dungeons

Remastered:

Blackrock Depths
    Wailing Caverns
    Ulduar(The residents of Ulduar have decided to replace their fallen leaders)

New:

Benvlar Mines
    Fallen Tower of Karazhan
    The Pristine Grove
    Manor of Time
    City of Assassins
    Book of the Past
    Shores of Azeroth

Hero Class: Spirit Knight
    Talent Trees/Specs: Spirit Walker, Infusion, Diffusion
    This class is a combination of a Warlock and a Death Knight

The character itself doesn't attack, but sends his soul into Spirit Dolls, each with their own set of skills. He can also choose to possess the enemy to deal damage to the enemy itself, but while he does so, the enemy is constantly trying to exorcise him from their body.

Spirit Walker - Able to send his spirit ahead to scout for danger, also the healer of the group
    Infusion - Sends his Spirit into living dolls, melee and ranged dps
    Diffusion - Sends his Spirit into the Enemy, debuff enemies from within

I don't know where people got the idea what casters should be tanks or blizzard wants to completely redo the specs of classes.
    same reason a short legged with a beer gut panda bear race has a tanking spec which is based on drinks , kegs and some hands and foot work, as if a panda bear tanking ragnaros can really avoid all the fire dmg and ragnaros can really miss hit him and all that while being drunk.

if up untill now our tanking classes had some reason behind the concept, all but 1 used plate , 1 leather could trasform into a giant bear, some needed shields , now days you dont need anything to tank, have a drink , do some empty hand fancy movments and some fancy foot work and your a tank!

just check the cinematic of MOP , the first ever class that can put to shame not one, but two other classes/races, a new way for blizz to show us whos the new GOD mode is...

so why not let locks tank and DKs to raid heal....

My prediction is really detailed, but the short version is the Rise of the Legion (not with arrakoa). Burning Legion, return of Kil'Jaeden empowered. Demon Hunters introduced like Death Knights, Draenei become a major lore race because we will confront the Eredar on Argus. Velen leads the fight against Kil"Jaeden. Possibly a revamped Outland ( with new zones for new levels.

If the content of the next expansion includes the return of the Burning Legion and the stellar appearance of Alleria Windrunner, would be a real lack of respect for the Alliance (one more) that the most need today for the Alliance was not satisfied.

I'm referring of course to giving the attention to the High Elves as they deserve, turning them into a playable race at last.

I actually expect Hozen and Jinyu to be new races in the next expansion. We (and they in return) helped us fighting versus the other faction already, so it might be possible that some sticked around and continue to do so.

Hurray for fish-people!

Quote Originally Posted by john duo View Post
    same reason a short legged with a beer gut panda bear race has a tanking spec which is based on drinks , kegs and some hands and foot work, as if a panda bear tanking ragnaros can really avoid all the fire dmg and ragnaros can really miss hit him and all that while being drunk.

if up untill now our tanking classes had some reason behind the concept, all but 1 used plate , 1 leather could trasform into a giant bear, some needed shields , now days you dont need anything to tank, have a drink , do some empty hand fancy movments and some fancy foot work and your a tank!
    Really, it's always been ridiculous that our little plate or fur clad tanks could stand up to massive dragons and fire elementals and the like. Someone quick enough to avoid and drunk enough to ignore damage isn't that far fetched in this world.

But you do make me wonder: shouldn't a brewmaster be vulnerable to fire magic, what with all the flammable fluids he carries on him?

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Anyways, I wanted to post up the latest tier drawing: I redid Warrior T17. And while it's not technically 'plate' anymore, I thought it would be cool to have as part of the introduction of the fourth spec, Blademaster.

Warrior T17
    Tojara's Decree of Blood
    Seems far two spare to be a WoW warrior set, especially compared to the last version you had. This looks more monkish, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    I would be content with just one Dreadlord being a part of a central story arc.
    I know, that would be pretty awesome. Anyways, the work you did in here is wonderful! The lock and war sets are very cool. The only thing I'm not feeling is the arrakoa as alliance race. don't get me wrong, your presentation and sketches are sweet! but I just don't see them being added. but of course that's just my opinion! cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Durandro View Post

I don't know why people keep assuming this, it's like they never played BC, or maybe they just not fortunate enough to have raided. Illidan was never the final boss of the Burning Crusade, if you think the final boss comes in the first patch of the expansion, then something is wrong. Illidan was just a poster boy, not the final boss.

Kil'jaeden was not a surprise, he was built up from the initial expansion release, Kil'jaeden was foreshadowed with Kael'thas saying he serves him. He has his general, Doom Lord Kazzak sitting in Hellfire in the Throne of Kil'jaeden. The entire expansion was called Burning Crusade, which is the Burning Legion's crusade across the universe. Sunwell was also always planned. Even a blue said so

Sunwell Plateau was absolutely in development from the start. Black Temple was supposed to be in the game when BC launched. To keep from delaying it any further quite a few things didn't make the launch game that were supposed to, and were then added in major content patches. Sunwell was always on the feature list from before the expansion was released, and was always an intended raid.
    - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...9945?page=4#76

Quote Originally Posted by Meintastic View Post
    World of Warcraft: Forgotten Nightmares
    I don't think I've seen worse ideas. In my whole life. Seriously.

So... about the rest of those tier sets? =P

Let the new PTR patch lend your pen-hand creativity!

Quote Originally Posted by Lakrin View Post
    So... about the rest of those tier sets? =P
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Let the new PTR patch lend your pen-hand creativity!
    Been busy. Soon™