Page 22 of 39 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Some of your ideas are pretty cool op, BUT Rise of the Legion is a terrible name, they had already risen if anything it should be more like return or revenge of the legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    7.0 is near-confirmed to have Sargeras as the big bad guy, as they wanted him to be the last boss of Level 100.

Granted, they might have enough lore for two TBL expansions.
    Um no, they never said they "wanted him to be the last boss of Level 100". Stop pulling shit out your ass.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Gave it a shot :P

Quote Originally Posted by Taurous View Post
    New class, two new races, and 11 new specs. That's VERY optimistic.
    I'm an optimistic guy. But seriously, when I don't have to build models, code anything, or put it through any real approval process, it's easy to just spit ideas out. In reality, the new expansion will probably only have one of those 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Redlokyldoreifanggore View Post
    Dat Warock and Priest concept art . I'd actually be willing to put in the time and energy to raid or pvp on a schedule to obtain those.

Quote Originally Posted by frogger237 View Post
    Some of your ideas are pretty cool op, BUT Rise of the Legion is a terrible name, they had already risen if anything it should be more like return or revenge of the legion.
    Very true. I chose Rise because it's cool. Totally cliché, but cool. Plus after watching The Dark Knight Rises repeatedly, it gets stuck in your head. I may revisit the name, but I have no intentions to at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Therougetitan View Post
    Gave it a shot :P
    Epic hahhaha. Is Sargeras HUGGING Azeroth?? lol

My prediction? Alliance will still be screwed story wise so that the Horde can have a good experience.

I think if GC has any say over the matter, he'll NOT be adding new specializations OR a new class.

The devs have their hands full keeping the existing specs balanced, and also making sure they retain enough "flavor" to stay interesting. They're struggling with the latter part and have recently admitted that Warriors, Hunters and Rogues (among others) do not feel "different" enough across their specs. A fourth spec for any class (aside from Druid, as they already have one) would only compound the problem.

OP missed DKs

Blood - Tank
    Frost - Meele
    Unholy - becomes true master of the ghouls moved to ranged class working in rasing scourage to do his dirty work coupled in with deathcoils and infest.
    4th spec- dark healer type draining the surrounding life around the Dk and channeling it into his allies.

10+ Year Old Account
    World of Warcraft: Isles of Chaos

FEATURES:
    -Level cap raised to 95
    -Stat squish
    -New character models for all pre-MoP races
    -New racials
    -Gauntlet-mode PvE
    -New talent system; combination of Wrath and MoP systems
    -More 'dynamic' world events

Main villains: Queen Azshara (final boss), N'zoth, Xavius, King Rastakhan, The Dark Prophet Zul, Hakkar the Risen, Leader of the Bloodsail Buccaneers, Corrupted Neptulon, Magatha Grimtotem, Maiev.
    Main heroes: Thrall, Tyrande, Malfurion, Illidan (!), Turalyon, Alleria, Lor'themar, Taran Zhu, others.
    Main reputations: The Highborne (A), The Reliquary (H), Kul'Tiras (A), Bildgewater Batallion (H), Gilnean Navy (A), The Darkspear Assault (H), The Freethinkers (N), Rebel Nagas (N), Guardians of the Emerald Dream (N), The Shado'Pan Offensive (N), the Chaos Wardens (N)
    Zones: Tel'Abim, Hiji, New Kezan, The Lost Isles, Suramar, Ruins of Zandalar, Darkspear Isle, Broken Isles, Plunder Isle, Nazjatar
    Possible raids/dungeons: City of Nazjatar, The Abyssal Maw, The Emerald Nightmare, Ruins of Zuldazar, Bloodsail Hold, Ny'alotha, Tomb of Sargeras, Mount Kajaro, Depths of Tol'Barad.

Basic storyline: 6 months after the final events of MoP, Taran Zhu sends a distress report to both Stormwind and Orgrimmar, reporting of attacks by a mysterious race in large numbers in northern Kun-Lai/Jade Forest. When the armies of the Horde and Alliance reach there, they find large amounts of Naga invading Pandaria. They are able to fight the Naga off, and the armies decide to sail north to find what spurred the Naga attack. They find Naga in large numbers mobilizing, and the story begins from there.
    PEPE SILVA, PEPE SILVA

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aventhos View Post
    OP missed DKs

Blood - Tank
    Frost - Meele
    Unholy - becomes true master of the ghouls moved to ranged class working in rasing scourage to do his dirty work coupled in with deathcoils and infest.
    4th spec- dark healer type draining the surrounding life around the Dk and channeling it into his allies.
    No he didn't. First one on the list.

Deleted
    Allready more exited for this then i ever was for pandaworld even thought it's fan made

Quote Originally Posted by Redlokyldoreifanggore View Post
    Dat Warock and Priest concept art . I'd actually be willing to put in the time and energy to raid or pvp on a schedule to obtain those.

Personally I'd like to have the allies get the blue-eyed high elves rather than the arokkora, but who knows, Blizz may want to go check out the backside of Azeroth next xpac.
    I get it lore wise, but why would we want yet another Elf class? X2 isn't enough? I hope we don't get high elf's, something unquie and new would be a fresh change.
    Last edited by Barefoot; 2013-06-17 at 10:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
    I get it lore wise, but why would we want yet another Elf class? X2 isn't enough? I hope we don't get high elf's, something unquie and new would be a fresh change.
    High Elves would be such a waste.

Ethereal as a second neutral race imo.

15+ Year Old Account
    Expansion Event - Final Hour of Azeroth

Burning Legion will invade Azeroth. It will not be a total failure this time though, and they won't use the Dark Portal. Instead new fiery portals appear all over Azeroth from legion occupied planets during the pre-expansion event, spewing forth waves of all kinds of demons. A new invasion begins.

With the Alliance and Horde working together succesfully to kill Garrosh, the new warchief and Wrynn extend the peace temporarily to save Azeroth from the overwhelming adversary (Enemy of my enemy is my friend). A worldwide armistice buff makes it not possible to PVP in Azeroth in outdoor zones during the pre-launch event, even on a PVP realm.

Many major Legion world bosses (Intended for level 90 players), such as Fel Reavers, Pit Lords and Eredar appear from their biggest main portal and wreak havoc in the zones. They do not stick to one zone, but wander around slowly, destroying and burning everything they come across. Even level 10 zones are in danger.

Sky turns fiery red and there's a smell of brimstone and smoke in every zone. Horde and Alliance must again work together to save the planet from a certain doom. Both factions can now kill these world bosses at the same time.

Many quest hubs and towns get captured or completely destroyed during the pre-launch event, but nothing as major as Cataclysm, as many people hated it when the world changed so much.

Fires of Xoroth

When the expansion itself is live, we begin to re-capture our bigger towns from the Burning Legion invaders and start the repairs of hubs that got annihilated once the legion is pushed back.

Legion did not expect us to work together. They thought victory was certain, so their massive portal was meant to be kept open so the Legion can move back and forth. It's a two-way portal which leads to their homeworld - Argus or most likely Xoroth. A new, even better Outland!

New player races:
    - Not sure which races would hate legion so much that they wanted to join the fight. There may even not be any new races this time.

New classses:
    - Demon Hunter (Illidan will be back and friendly this time)
    - If there's no races, theres one more demon related class. Something demonic, learned from captured demons to be used against demons.
    Last edited by Kuja; 2013-06-17 at 11:36 AM.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

10+ Year Old Account
    Admire the work you put into it.

Got a few PMs on learning how to draw stuff, school etc. Here's a comprehensive rundown for everyone.

Books

Great books to start with:
    Imaginative Realism: How to Paint What Doesn't Exist by James Gurney
    Anatomy for Fantasy Artists: An Essential Guide to Creating Action Figures and Fantastical Forms by Glenn Fabry
    Drawing and Painting Fantasy Landscapes and Cityscapes by Rob Alexander
    Drawing & Paintin​g Fantasy Worlds by Finlay Cowan

Anatomy
    Figure Drawing: Design and Invention by Michael Hampton
    Classic Human Anatomy: The Artist's Guide to Form, Function, and Movement by Valerie L. Winslow
    Also anything by George B. Bridgman or Andrew Loomis. These are usually a little more advanced and focused so I would start with the two books above.

Composition
    Framed Ink: Drawing and Composition for Visual Storytellers by Marcos Mateu-Mestre
    Mastering Composition: Techniques and Principles to Dramatically Improve Your Painting (Mastering (North Light Books)) by Ian Roberts
    Picture This: How Pictures Work by Molly Bang

Color and Light
    Color and Light: A Guide for the Realist Painter by James Gurney

Perspective
    Vanishing Point: Perspective for Comics from the Ground Up by Jason Cheeseman-Meyer

Inspiration
    I have a few encyclopedias of animals, architecture, etc to use as reference material.

There's also a huge wealth of information to be learned by studying better artists. Since this is a video game forum, I can suggest my favorite video game 'Art of...' books:

The Art of BioShock Infinite by Irrational Games

The Legend of Zelda: Hyrule Historia by Shigeru Miyamoto

The Art of Blizzard Entertainment by Nick Carpenter
    (of course)

The Art of Final Fantasy IX by Dan Birlew

And this one is coming out in August which will probably be awesome...
    The Sky: The Art of Final Fantasy Slipcased Edition by Yoshitaka Amano

Videos

The Gnomon Workshop
    I recommend buying any DVD by Scott Robertson and the Color DVD by Jeremy Vickery

Free Feng Zhu tutorials
    ^ In my opinion, the single most helpful resource in this entire post.

Famous Artist livestreams: You can check this site once and a while and see who's streaming their process at any given time:
    Livestream App
    Last edited by ro9ue; 2013-06-17 at 10:23 PM.

Any expac with SPACE DEMONS! is good in my book

10+ Year Old Account
    Expansion: Return to Argus
    Key figures: Velen & Liandrin, Kil'jaeden & Sargeras. Illidan, Maiev & Akama.
    New Continent(planet): Argus (but not the whole planet).
    New races: Two native races of Argus, struggling against the Legion.*
    New Class: Demon Hunter (Alliance) Shadow Hunter (Horde). (Different names but same class essentially)
    Level Cap: 95
    World Event: Based in Outland, Legion attempts to retake Outland. Major portals across Outland have to be defended against/shutdown.
    Illidan returns somehow to begin a new Demon hunter/Shadow hunter order.
    Shattrath is destroyed. Black Temple rebuilt, A'dal sacrifices himself to create portal to Argus in the temple assisted by us and important actors (scenario).
    New capital: New Karabor on Argus, but important Alliance and Horde settlements elsewhere.
    Mac'Aree (the old capital of Argus) would probably be controlled by the Legion (or even their stronghold).
    Other points:
    Alleria + Turalyon found after having taken a portal from Outland to Argus and being trapped by accident.
    Titan archaeology/lore still involved on Argus.
    Involvement of the Naaru.
    Strong Alliance story involvement of the Draenei (returning to their homeplanet) and the Night Elves (Illidan & Maiev and their struggle against the demons).
    Strong Horde story involvement of the Blood Elves (Lady Liandrin leading the Blood Knight chapter) and perhaps the Sunwalkers, or Darkspear Shadow Hunters.
    Potential for many more characters: Vindicator Maraad, Dornaa, Garona, Med'an etc.

*Plenty of room for guesswork here, I'd love to see some kind of Arakkoan ancestor bird-people.

Comments:

Argus is an entirely new and unexplored planet, giving Blizzard creative license to draw up entirely new races, environments, magics etc. This expansion could be the first of two parts in the great battle against Sargeras, meeting him in a subsequent expansion that goes to level 100.

I'm quite sparse on details, but personally I'd like to see less "features" and more exploratory, on-the-ground, vibrant world content in the zones of Argus. Areas that are HARD to get to without a group (think Tainted Scar in Vanilla). No flying!

A slightly "darker" expansion is to be desired, especially after Pandaria, delightful as it is. Blizz will have to go easy on the demonic imagery however, don't want to lose that bible-belt subscriber base.
    Last edited by Krixooks; 2013-06-17 at 07:50 PM.

Re-burning Crusade.

Everything was just a setback.

Quote Originally Posted by GregDub View Post
    Allready more exited for this then i ever was for pandaworld even thought it's fan made
    Quote Originally Posted by Numbars View Post
    Any expac with SPACE DEMONS! is good in my book
    Quote Originally Posted by velde046 View Post
    Admire the work you put into it.
    Thx

Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    Expansion Event - Final Hour of Azeroth

Burning Legion will invade Azeroth...
    I'm with you on all of this except for the Demon Hunter and no world PVP. Rift-like portals spawning all over Azeroth = good times. Public groups introduced?

Quote Originally Posted by Krixooks View Post
    A slightly "darker" expansion is to be desired..., especially after Pandaria, delightful as it is. Blizz will have to go easy on the demonic imagery however, don't want to lose that bible-belt subscriber base.
    With you on that.

Quote Originally Posted by fangless View Post
    Re-burning Crusade.

Everything was just a setback.
    Muahahahah

-----

Tier update: Druid and Hunter coming soon!

15+ Year Old Account
    Cool stuff, but it is almost certain that it won't be a Burning Legion expansion pack.

Especially considering that Titan was pushed back.