Page 25 of 40 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    as long as it isnt called Rise of the *****. seriously, stop using rise as a title. The Dark Knight Rises! Rises! RISES! i'm sick of it.
    My weekly podcast can be downloaded here this week we discuss Bill Cosby

Some ppl have suggested aquatic themed expansion, but that seems to be really out of place. They most likely are gonna go back to some Burning Legion shite.

World of Warcraft: Song of The South Seas (expect a lot of nautical and pirate themed weaponry/armor).

New Feature: Guild ships & open seas combat! Gather ye loyal(or perhaps mutinous) crew and prepare board your very own sea-worthy vessel, as you set sail for parts unknown. *Massive sails unfurl bearing your guild's icon!

New Class: Tinker

First raid: The Vaults of Undermine! Lore: Your journey begins in Booty Bay, where a giant turtle submarine awaits any brave adventurer who dares journey into the the Goblin city of Undermine. Riches and epic treasures, locked deeply away in the city's vaults, are there for the taking to those cunning and strong enough to survive the mine's Goblin security system and other perilous encounters!

New Races:
    Ogres[H]: Rexxar returns from Outlands, to help heal the horde recently shattered by civil war. With him, he brings a vast clan of loyal Ogres to aid him in his cause and be restored to their rightful place among the Horde. These large and brutish creatures are fierce warriors, but also occasionally delve into the magic arts. They come in both the one & two-headed variety.
    Na'Sar[A]: Distant cousins of the Naga, the Na'Sar a strange mixture of humanoid, shark and local oceanic fauna. They live their life in mostly secret, plundering ships that cross their path and leaving no witnesses to tell the tale. Traveling the seas, making their homes in ancient ships made from the hollowed out bones of ancient ocean leviathan.

Scattered across the South Seas, lay multiple shanty towns abandoned by the Na'Sar. Now a small neutral race [TBA] have taken custodianship of these sprawling towns, offering goods and services to those brave enough to defend it from opposing factions and the sinister Naga. Neither the Horde or the Alliance have any true claim to these ancient cities, so they must battle for the right to establish their dominion in these treacherous waters. *Capturing the city will grant access to the traditional things found in capital cities, as well providing a boat yard for your new guild ship, where you can upgrade & customize it.

I plan to flesh it out a lot more, when I'm not on my tablet, and it's not 5:30 in the morning. Open to suggestion, and constructive criticism. I may even dust off the old sketch pad! Check out my Deviant Art for an Ida of what's to come: http://firesideproperty.deviantart.com
    Last edited by Ulgrim; 2013-06-29 at 04:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulgrim View Post
    World of Warcraft: Song of The South Seas (expect a lot of nautical and pirate themed weaponry/armor).
    New Feature: Guild ships & open seas combat! Gather ye loyal(or perhaps mutinous) crew and prepare board your very own sea-worthy vessel, as you set sail for parts unknown.
    First raid: The Vaults of Undermine! Lore: Your journey begins in Booty Bay, where a giant turtle submarine awaits any brave adventurer who dares journey into the the Goblin city of Undermine. Riches and epic treasures, locked deeply away in the city's vaults, are there for the taking to those cunning and strong enough to survive the mine's Goblin security system and other perilous encounters!
    New Races: [H] Ogres. [A] TBA. (Maybe some new bipedal breed of naga)

I plan to flesh it out a lot more, when I'm not on my tablet, and it's not 5:30 in the morning. Open to suggestion, and constructive criticism. I may even dust off the old sketch pad! Check out my Deviant Art for an Ida of what's to come: http://firesideproperty.deviantart.com
    I love the guild ships idea, I can actually see this working in wow. And <3 pirates + goblins
    Quote Originally Posted by Bergtau View Post
    And since we're dredging up old-world stuff, she should be happy she was even allowed to become a nurse at all instead of being raped.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulgrim View Post
    New Feature: Guild ships & open seas combat! Gather ye loyal(or perhaps mutinous) crew and prepare board your very own sea-worthy vessel, as you set sail for parts unknown.
    New Races: [H] Ogres. [A] TBA. (Maybe some new bipedal breed of naga)

I think I saw your ideas in some other posts and I love it. Guild ships with pirates.... awesome. Plus, it definitely would be nice to get another artist in here to sketch up their ideas since that was actually the whole point of the thread. More drawings!

In other news:

The unintentional trolling continues....
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ion?p=21526851

Edit: Apparently someone wrote a screenplay for it now? WTF lol
    Last edited by ro9ue; 2013-06-21 at 10:51 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Extremity View Post
    I like turtles. I would like turtle-based tier sets. I would like a turtle shell helmet, and perhaps a cheeseburger backpack and a chestpiece that simply places a red gemstone on my bellybutton.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    I think I saw your ideas in some other posts and I love it. Guild ships with pirates.... awesome. Plus, it definitely would be nice to get another artist in here to sketch up their ideas since that was actually the whole point of the thread. More drawings!

In other news:

The unintentional trolling continues....
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ion?p=21526851

Edit: Apparently someone wrote a screenplay for it now? WTF lol
    Funny how the responses are like 'OMG IT CUD BE TRUE!!.

Now the screenplay is another thing. If you read through it, it has to do with the burning legion, but not with 'Rise of the Legion' as I understand it.
    I won't say it could be true, but I don't see the connection to your expansion idea.
    Sing like no one ist listening - Love like you've never been hurt
    Dance like no one is watching - Masturbate like no one else is on the bus

the bestestest idea

world of warcraft: teenag0rz
    with patches called
    1.0 Thralls kid is a teenager
    2.0 thralls kid and our character messes something up
    3.0 some pvp content patch AKA. thralls kid starts a rebellion against the alliance because someone told him the alliance are bad
    4.0 aggra comes home and grounds thralls (and her) kid

new feature: play as teenage characters
    other class features: get smashed and dont remember any spell you casted. youll just see that your energy/rage/mana/chi/w/e bar is missing some points
    new reputation: geek, snob, rebels (you can only chose one)

While I do believe it's going to be legion-based, I will laugh my arse off and cook up a whole batch of popcorn for a few days just to read the forum reactions if it ISN'T a legion-centric expansion this go-around! :P
    "Tell them only that the Lich King is dead... and that World of Warcraft... died with him..."

Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    That's the ONLY reason you would post 9600 posts over 3 years: a mission of hate.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    as long as it isnt called Rise of the *****. seriously, stop using rise as a title. The Dark Knight Rises! Rises! RISES! i'm sick of it.
    All mouth-foaming aside, quite a few people pointed out to me, 'rise' of the legion doesn't make complete sense because they are supposedly dominating other planets at the moment. Rise would signify they have fallen, which really isn't the case. Or were they suppressed? I'll have to think it over, but I'm pretty sure I'm in too deep with this title already (having it on all my images) and would rather just keep it together.

On a related note, The Dark Knight Rises was an amazing movie. Your response seems like either someone forced you to watch it 10 times in a row or you have a kid that watches it every day. Like Julian in Big Daddy... "KANGAROO SONG! KANGAROO SONG!" ...either way, it made me laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhywolver View Post
    Funny how the responses are like 'OMG IT CUD BE TRUE!!.

Now the screenplay is another thing. If you read through it, it has to do with the burning legion, but not with 'Rise of the Legion' as I understand it.
    I won't say it could be true, but I don't see the connection to your expansion idea.
    Yeah not sure where the screenplay came from. Could just have been someone trying to make my stuff look more legit to get more page views on their "leak" article. Still entertaining as shit.

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    While I do believe it's going to be legion-based, I will laugh my arse off and cook up a whole batch of popcorn for a few days just to read the forum reactions if it ISN'T a legion-centric expansion this go-around! :P
    I'm dying to hear about the next expansion. Hoping for legion-based, obviously.

The evolution of all this has been pretty hilarious. I post MMOC fan-art forum thread. Someone posts art on reddit. Someone makes a fake Blizzard company email to legitimize it. It shows up on gamebreaker.tv. Players post it on offical forums. Players post it back on MMOC forums.

Just want it to be clear. My intent was not to troll people, but it definitely is an entertaining side effect.
    Last edited by ro9ue; 2013-06-22 at 06:06 PM.
    I like turtles. I would like turtle-based tier sets. I would like a turtle shell helmet, and perhaps a cheeseburger backpack and a chestpiece that simply places a red gemstone on my bellybutton.

Hunter T17

Carapace of Dwayne Johnson

I mean Carapace of the Scorpion King

If the legion is the next expansion. My guess demonhunters would be added . Seeing how they are saying Illidian will make a return but as a villian or hero? No one knows what happened to his body after BT. There's so many things that can occur , the lost shards of frostmourne , magni bronzebeard still a diamond etc. Hard to see ogre's being a horde race. Both factions killing them in multiple zones. Gonna take a shot at it and make a call , but feeling like Alliance would get highelves and horde might get eradar. Or instead of giving both factions a new race they might just do the same as they did with mop.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    blizzard has stated in interviews tons of times that creatures with more then 2 legs won't be a race, due alot of reasons.
    To be fair, blizzard has stated A LOT of things they "Will not do" or "Will never do" only to end up doing them a few years later, so it is still fairly possible they could change that too.

As for the OP and his idea, sounds good until we got to the fouth spec. While I wouldn't mind having a fourth one some of those ideas don't sit well with me. Like mages, they already have a fire tree and having a second one, even only partial seems redundant. Now giving them a "Blood" tree to fit the blood mage "class" we have seen here and there would be kind awesome.

Hunter is the second problem, Dark Ranger would be an awesome tree (though I'd rather see it be a hero class) however I do not like the idea of giving rogues a ranged class as they are melee and sharing bows/guns/crossbows with a rogue is about as obnoxious as it gets. I see no issue with only hunters having bows considering ONLY Shaman use int mail, and Holy Paladin Int Plate o.O and that is a bigger issue considering there are more int plate/mail drops than there are of gun/bow/crossbow.

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    I agree haha, will be doing pretty much the same thing.
    Last edited by Keristrasza; 2013-06-22 at 10:38 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Have you seen my posts over the past few days? You should be asking yourself why I'm alive, not why I don't have friends.
    Five Nights at Freddy's 1 and 2 | Group of Friend's Youtube Channel

Deshi deshi basara basara!

Here is an idea for a legion expansion if we have one. There is a lot of controversy over flying in new places and not flying. So how about this if there is another legion expansion they would presumably have plenty of times to set up a TON of anti air fel cannons. So there would be a lot over the entirety of the new continent/planet. To access flying in the new place you have to compete a large quest chain for each zone or maybe there could be a huge compound that you do stealthy mechanics and disable them all. This would be finished around lvl 97 or 94 depending on the level cap. If you try to fly without doing this you get shot down and killed.

This would make for new and refreshing way to the age old flying dilemma.

Quote Originally Posted by Goremonger View Post
    Here is an idea for a legion expansion if we have one. There is a lot of controversy over flying in new places and not flying. So how about this if there is another legion expansion they would presumably have plenty of times to set up a TON of anti air fel cannons. So there would be a lot over the entirety of the new continent/planet. To access flying in the new place you have to compete a large quest chain for each zone or maybe there could be a huge compound that you do stealthy mechanics and disable them all. This would be finished around lvl 97 or 94 depending on the level cap. If you try to fly without doing this you get shot down and killed.

That's a very good idea

Quote Originally Posted by Goremonger View Post

I do like that. Some might take a chance to try to fly somewhere quick, others might just try to play it safe and stay on the ground. Could be interesting.

So unlock flying through quest progression rather than leveling?

I could get behind that.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    So unlock flying through quest progression rather than leveling?

I could get behind that.
    That's how Wrath was originally, where you had to do the River's heart quests for Pilot Vic before you could learn training. But Blizzard decided to remove that requirement.
    You tried too hard and now your post is shit. Never try too hard, the gamble isn't worth it. -Boubouille

you only named one example...

Quote Originally Posted by Soratrox View Post
    That's how Wrath was originally, where you had to do the River's heart quests for Pilot Vic before you could learn training. But Blizzard decided to remove that requirement.
    I meant per zone rather than overall. Like flying per zone is restricted until you complete a certain amount of quests in that zone, and then you can fly safely.