Page 33 of 40 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    my prediction is 1 million more lost subs.

What happened if the Burning legion crashed into Azeroth in ................................ Northrend. That would be surprising, huh! Ice combined with fel fires. Kil'Jaeden steps into Icecrown Citadel and overrules the Lich King and uses him as his puppet very clearly which makes the Lich KIng/Bolvar supermad.

Hey ro9ue, just a question, but how would you feel about a Nathrezim based raid with a kinda Castle Ravenloft theme or influence? A dark, "haunted" castle/fortress of sorts. Players are led there by the hand due to Nathrezim manipulation in the zone, hiding as quest npcs and what not, having players go around, killing various stuff, having them help them with other things, kinda like the Stitches quest, except longer. Eventually leading them up to the raid, where they run into the various npcs at the start of the raid, but then as things go on we learn they are the enemy and kill them off one by one. There'd be mortal servitors of sorts that could compose of the trash, along with other demons, undead experiments as well (precursors to the Scourge), etc. There simply seems to be a lot of potential since the Nathrezim were made to be pseudo-vampires anyways.
    What are you willing to sacrifice?

Quote Originally Posted by kendro1200 View Post
    Hey ro9ue, just a question, but how would you feel about a Nathrezim based raid with a kinda Castle Ravenloft theme or influence? A dark, "haunted" castle/fortress of sorts. Players are led there by the hand due to Nathrezim manipulation in the zone, hiding as quest npcs and what not, having players go around, killing various stuff, having them help them with other things, kinda like the Stitches quest, except longer. Eventually leading them up to the raid, where they run into the various npcs at the start of the raid, but then as things go on we learn they are the enemy and kill them off one by one. There'd be mortal servitors of sorts that could compose of the trash, along with other demons, undead experiments as well (precursors to the Scourge), etc. There simply seems to be a lot of potential since the Nathrezim were made to be pseudo-vampires anyways.
    Love every bit of that. We need more haunted castles (Karazhan/SFK).
    Last edited by ro9ue; 2013-07-09 at 06:36 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Extremity View Post
    I like turtles. I would like turtle-based tier sets. I would like a turtle shell helmet, and perhaps a cheeseburger backpack and a chestpiece that simply places a red gemstone on my bellybutton.

Qarth, the greatest city that ever was or will be
    Not so much a prediction as what I really want the expansion to be:

Return of the Old Gods

New Continent: Underground
    New Race(s): Kobalds - Either neutral or horde. If the latter, I don't know what the alliance equivalent would be.
    New Weapon: Flamethrower - Effective for both ranged and melee, can be used by all classes
    New Starter Mount: Kobalds get a... mole?
    New Class!: Drill(?) - Melee Tank/DPS class that takes advantage of the environment (and explosives) to damage enemies.

Other Idea(s): Upon finishing the Kobald starting zone, you get a candle trinket that says You no take candle! when you scroll over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kloun View Post

New Continent: Underground
    Underground is the coolest idea, you should definitely check out the Spider Kingdom thread. Golden Yak did a hell of a job fleshing out the possibilities of something like that.

- - - Updated - - -

Keep on trollin'

Rise of the Legion on EU forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Extremity View Post
    I like turtles. I would like turtle-based tier sets. I would like a turtle shell helmet, and perhaps a cheeseburger backpack and a chestpiece that simply places a red gemstone on my bellybutton.

Field Marshal
    Quote Originally Posted by Servasus View Post
    And in the past both have also slaughter countless goblins and worgen but we still got those.

Also in WC2 there was ogres on the horde side. Maybe even WC3 i cant recall.

I really hope we get to go to different planets, i know there are 5 that we know of,with us having been to 2, , but i am sure there are others we haven't heard of. I'd like to go to argus, k'aresh, xoroth, and with outland being only one of the fragments of draenor, there are probably other fragments, floating around the twisting nether,and some other planets even, that we don't know about. There is just so much potential there. Metzen did say at the last blizzcon that we will in the future be going to space.

We are going to outerspace/another planet in one way or another.

Bloodsail Admiral orangelemonrain's Avatar
    Love your tier artwork by the way, after looking at 5.4 sets I'd do anything for yours :P

As for my idea, not really a prediction since I know it wont happen, but its something I want to see.

The Forbidding Sea

New Continent: Located in the Forbidding Sea
    New Race: Faceless ones
    New Class: Undecided name, something with a lot of psychic abilities
    Main Boss: Azeroth - I read a speculation post a long time ago on wowinsider about how all the Old gods's names matched very closely to names found in H.P. Lovecrafts work including the name Azeroth. I liked this theory a lot and wouldnt mind it to be true with Azeroth being the name of the original Old God which gave life to the others. I'm not saying the planet would be the boss but rather its name is shared with the Old God.

Summery of background lore:
    -Original humanoids of Azeroth discover tablets teaching the summoning of immortal beings
    -These humanoids decide to summon them in the hopes of enslaving them
    -Turns out they summoned Azeroth (old god)
    -Humanoids quickly enslaved, corrupted, mutilated
    -Humanoids transformed into faceless ones via mutilation
    -Faceless ones tasked to summon elemental lords to Azeroth
    -Faceless ones then enslaved deep underground
    -Titans Arrive on Azeroth thousands of years later
    -Small faction of untainted Faceless ones discovered by titans
    -Titans decide to leave their lands be, located somewhere in the Forbidding Seas
    -Titans reshape the rest of Azeroth burring what was left of their once vast empire deep below Azeroth's surface along with jailing the old gods.
    -Skip forwards thousands of years, now at present day

The expansion would bring the return of the Titans for the final boss, leading onto a final expansion with the Titans deeming us worthy to face Sargeras.

burning legion will probably return at some point maybe nex xpack maybe not we'll see

Same Shit Different Day

I've worked on something too. I think it's an emerald dream expansion and South Sea expansion in one. The story around the Burning Legions needs to be built and that happens in the Emerald Dream. Here it is:

World of Warcraft: Break of Nightmare

We venture in the Emerald Dream founding out that The Nightmare causes The Dream to act unstable. This means we see vague border between the perfect Azeroth, as created by the Pentheon, and the altered world we know of today. We see old Night Elf structures and what they have become today at the reign of Naga underwater. N'Zoth is doing things, Queen Azshara actions are related to it. Burning Legion is lurking around the corner. It's getting darker.....

New Race: Naga (neutral race)
    When the Old God turned the Highborne Elves into Naga’s a couple of them didn’t accept their task to serve for Sargaras as a monstrous naga. They formed a rebellion against the Burning Legion under the name Sin'Valar, meaning Blood of Power. Their rebellion succeeded to stand against Nazja'tars forces for thousands of years. They never had reasons to reveal themselves and shadowy hideout until now. When they heared that Queen Azshara received new plans from her master Sargaras, the Sin'Valar Naga decided to join the forces above the sea level.

New Class: Shadow Ranger
    A Rogue-like ranged attacks combined with Shaman healing and Warlock curses.The Sin'Valar Naga are master Shadow Rangers. They know this specialization for more then thousands of years.When they joined the Horde and the Alliance they agreed to share this class.

Main Bosses:
    Queen Ashara, Neptulon the Tidehunter, The Emerald Nightmare, N'Zoth

New continent:
    The area around the Maelstrom before the first cataclysm caused this maelstrom. The land is still in perfect shape. A couple area's are affected by The Nightmare and phases into a seafloor/underwater area instead (reflecting to what we should see today). Major places like Tomb of Sargaras, Broken Isles can be visited.

During the expansion the zones gets altered more and more cause the Nightmare grows bigger and we damage the Emerald Dream a bit in our war which makes the dream unstable. This shows more of the seafloor/underwater area we should see today. Revealing new (raid)dungeons and such.

Summery of background lore:
    - Wrathion is telling us a prophecy for some time now about an force/army that is coming. Maybe it's not the burning legion, but the big army he is refering to might be something large from The Dream.
    - Malfurion Stormrage is returning back on stage. He felt that the growing nightmare in The Dream is causing for major troubles that may affect Azeroth.
    - Illidan Stormrage returns back on stage as well. While we are in The Dream we see visions and memories of characters. We see a memory of Malfurion which leads us working with Illidan.
    - Nazjatars Naga are getting more active as we damage the Dream more and more. End of the expansion we might even unleash the Burning Legion itself.

Main features:
    - Naga, neutral playable race.
    - Level to 95
    - 9 new zones to discover (including new underwater zones).
    - A new weapon type: Glaives.
    - Guild housing.
    - Random events on any time, any place which affects conquered territory. For example; a demon portal opens in Swamp of Sorrow. No (or not) enough players interaction means that alliance and horde loses their bases (incl flight path nodes, NPC's, Inn and everything) there which changes the zone status from contested territory to enemy territory.
    Last edited by Zeror; 2013-07-11 at 03:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeror View Post
    I've worked on something too. I think it's an emerald dream expansion and South Sea expansion in one. The story around the Burning Legions needs to be built and that happens in the Emerald Dream. Here it is:
    Shutup and take my money.

There better not be any underwater zones like in Cataclysm. That was not very popular and made the gameplay horrid. Now, if they could say have some large dome bubbles or air you can run around in, that would be cool but I don't want to swim and play in 3 dimensions at all times nor do most people I have talked to.

Whatever the theme, I think Blizzard needs to announce it soon to keep interest in a fading game. Looking at past expansions, this month is about the time to announce the name and the basic tenants of the next expansion.

Guys we need an expansion about old gods!

Let's ignore pretty much every expansion except TBC.

Quote Originally Posted by Peacemaker65 View Post
    There better not be any underwater zones like in Cataclysm. That was not very popular and made the gameplay horrid. Now, if they could say have some large dome bubbles or air you can run around in, that would be cool but I don't want to swim and play in 3 dimensions at all times nor do most people I have talked to.

Whatever the theme, I think Blizzard needs to announce it soon to keep interest in a fading game. Looking at past expansions, this month is about the time to announce the name and the basic tenants of the next expansion.
    I love Vashj'ir. It was something new and different. I found it very easy to navigate as well. I'd like to see another underwater zone!

Quote Originally Posted by Worgoblin View Post
    I love Vashj'ir. It was something new and different. I found it very easy to navigate as well. I'd like to see another underwater zone!
    I get why it's unpopular, as the game isn't real friendly to moving and fighting in three dimensions, but I still loved the zone. It was a whole lot more fun than Hyjal, and was rich in Naga lore to boot.

Absolutely love your work, it's incredible.

I was wondering, what's your take on Demon Hunters? Do you think we'll see them as a playable class?
    There sole purpose is to, well, hunt demons, so it would make sense lore wise if it was an expansion focused on the Burning Legion.

And for playable races, what about Fel Orcs? I would absolutely loved to play as the horned red orc. I guess to fit with lore you could say the Horde developed a cure and was able to free them of their blood craze and service to the Legion.

Lastly, do you think the Burning Legion expansion will take place in Azeroth, Outland, or Argus?
    There's a lot of possibilities... They could invade Azeroth and we fight them there. I think this is the least likely though, since Azeroth was just the setting for Cataclysm. Maybe patch 6.0 we see the Legion invading Azeroth in a world event, kind of like for BC.

Then for 6.1 when the expansion launches, we either go to Outland or Argus.
    Outland could be revamped and new zones could be added. But I really hope we get to take the fight to them on Argus.
    Maybe Outland is revamped but only for 60-70? Or it's the zone from say level 90-92, where you go and push the legion back, then the rest of the leveling takes place on Argus.

Also, since it is the 10th Anniversary, I hope to see remodeling of all the old outdated character models.
    Last edited by Syatek94; 2013-07-11 at 06:27 PM.

Those armor sets look better than anything introduced in game in a while. Ogres should be neutral, muscle for hire, like in Warcraft 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Worgoblin View Post
    The idea i have in my post is that you have two version of a single map. One that shows the Emerald Dream version (ancient untouched version of Azeroth), which is a on-land version of the map. And then you get quests or events or location where the Emerald Dream is unstable/corrupted. There you phase into the underwater version of the same map, but as you would see that area currently in the timeline.
    This gives the best of both worlds.