Page 33 of 39 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    We are going to outerspace/another planet in one way or another.

Love your tier artwork by the way, after looking at 5.4 sets I'd do anything for yours :P

As for my idea, not really a prediction since I know it wont happen, but its something I want to see.

The Forbidding Sea

New Continent: Located in the Forbidding Sea
    New Race: Faceless ones
    New Class: Undecided name, something with a lot of psychic abilities
    Main Boss: Azeroth - I read a speculation post a long time ago on wowinsider about how all the Old gods's names matched very closely to names found in H.P. Lovecrafts work including the name Azeroth. I liked this theory a lot and wouldnt mind it to be true with Azeroth being the name of the original Old God which gave life to the others. I'm not saying the planet would be the boss but rather its name is shared with the Old God.

Summery of background lore:
    -Original humanoids of Azeroth discover tablets teaching the summoning of immortal beings
    -These humanoids decide to summon them in the hopes of enslaving them
    -Turns out they summoned Azeroth (old god)
    -Humanoids quickly enslaved, corrupted, mutilated
    -Humanoids transformed into faceless ones via mutilation
    -Faceless ones tasked to summon elemental lords to Azeroth
    -Faceless ones then enslaved deep underground
    -Titans Arrive on Azeroth thousands of years later
    -Small faction of untainted Faceless ones discovered by titans
    -Titans decide to leave their lands be, located somewhere in the Forbidding Seas
    -Titans reshape the rest of Azeroth burring what was left of their once vast empire deep below Azeroth's surface along with jailing the old gods.
    -Skip forwards thousands of years, now at present day

The expansion would bring the return of the Titans for the final boss, leading onto a final expansion with the Titans deeming us worthy to face Sargeras.

Deleted
    burning legion will probably return at some point maybe nex xpack maybe not we'll see

I've worked on something too. I think it's an emerald dream expansion and South Sea expansion in one. The story around the Burning Legions needs to be built and that happens in the Emerald Dream. Here it is:

World of Warcraft: Break of Nightmare

We venture in the Emerald Dream founding out that The Nightmare causes The Dream to act unstable. This means we see vague border between the perfect Azeroth, as created by the Pentheon, and the altered world we know of today. We see old Night Elf structures and what they have become today at the reign of Naga underwater. N'Zoth is doing things, Queen Azshara actions are related to it. Burning Legion is lurking around the corner. It's getting darker.....

New Race: Naga (neutral race)
    When the Old God turned the Highborne Elves into Naga’s a couple of them didn’t accept their task to serve for Sargaras as a monstrous naga. They formed a rebellion against the Burning Legion under the name Sin'Valar, meaning Blood of Power. Their rebellion succeeded to stand against Nazja'tars forces for thousands of years. They never had reasons to reveal themselves and shadowy hideout until now. When they heared that Queen Azshara received new plans from her master Sargaras, the Sin'Valar Naga decided to join the forces above the sea level.

New Class: Shadow Ranger
    A Rogue-like ranged attacks combined with Shaman healing and Warlock curses.The Sin'Valar Naga are master Shadow Rangers. They know this specialization for more then thousands of years.When they joined the Horde and the Alliance they agreed to share this class.

Main Bosses:
    Queen Ashara, Neptulon the Tidehunter, The Emerald Nightmare, N'Zoth

New continent:
    The area around the Maelstrom before the first cataclysm caused this maelstrom. The land is still in perfect shape. A couple area's are affected by The Nightmare and phases into a seafloor/underwater area instead (reflecting to what we should see today). Major places like Tomb of Sargaras, Broken Isles can be visited.

During the expansion the zones gets altered more and more cause the Nightmare grows bigger and we damage the Emerald Dream a bit in our war which makes the dream unstable. This shows more of the seafloor/underwater area we should see today. Revealing new (raid)dungeons and such.

Summery of background lore:
    - Wrathion is telling us a prophecy for some time now about an force/army that is coming. Maybe it's not the burning legion, but the big army he is refering to might be something large from The Dream.
    - Malfurion Stormrage is returning back on stage. He felt that the growing nightmare in The Dream is causing for major troubles that may affect Azeroth.
    - Illidan Stormrage returns back on stage as well. While we are in The Dream we see visions and memories of characters. We see a memory of Malfurion which leads us working with Illidan.
    - Nazjatars Naga are getting more active as we damage the Dream more and more. End of the expansion we might even unleash the Burning Legion itself.

Main features:
    - Naga, neutral playable race.
    - Level to 95
    - 9 new zones to discover (including new underwater zones).
    - A new weapon type: Glaives.
    - Guild housing.
    - Random events on any time, any place which affects conquered territory. For example; a demon portal opens in Swamp of Sorrow. No (or not) enough players interaction means that alliance and horde loses their bases (incl flight path nodes, NPC's, Inn and everything) there which changes the zone status from contested territory to enemy territory.
    Last edited by Z3ROR; 2013-07-11 at 03:48 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeror View Post
    I've worked on something too. I think it's an emerald dream expansion and South Sea expansion in one. The story around the Burning Legions needs to be built and that happens in the Emerald Dream. Here it is:
    Shutup and take my money.

There better not be any underwater zones like in Cataclysm. That was not very popular and made the gameplay horrid. Now, if they could say have some large dome bubbles or air you can run around in, that would be cool but I don't want to swim and play in 3 dimensions at all times nor do most people I have talked to.

Whatever the theme, I think Blizzard needs to announce it soon to keep interest in a fading game. Looking at past expansions, this month is about the time to announce the name and the basic tenants of the next expansion.

Guys we need an expansion about old gods!

Let's ignore pretty much every expansion except TBC.

Quote Originally Posted by Peacemaker65 View Post
    There better not be any underwater zones like in Cataclysm. That was not very popular and made the gameplay horrid. Now, if they could say have some large dome bubbles or air you can run around in, that would be cool but I don't want to swim and play in 3 dimensions at all times nor do most people I have talked to.

Whatever the theme, I think Blizzard needs to announce it soon to keep interest in a fading game. Looking at past expansions, this month is about the time to announce the name and the basic tenants of the next expansion.
    I love Vashj'ir. It was something new and different. I found it very easy to navigate as well. I'd like to see another underwater zone!

Quote Originally Posted by Worgoblin View Post
    I love Vashj'ir. It was something new and different. I found it very easy to navigate as well. I'd like to see another underwater zone!
    I get why it's unpopular, as the game isn't real friendly to moving and fighting in three dimensions, but I still loved the zone. It was a whole lot more fun than Hyjal, and was rich in Naga lore to boot.

Absolutely love your work, it's incredible.

I was wondering, what's your take on Demon Hunters? Do you think we'll see them as a playable class?
    There sole purpose is to, well, hunt demons, so it would make sense lore wise if it was an expansion focused on the Burning Legion.

And for playable races, what about Fel Orcs? I would absolutely loved to play as the horned red orc. I guess to fit with lore you could say the Horde developed a cure and was able to free them of their blood craze and service to the Legion.

Lastly, do you think the Burning Legion expansion will take place in Azeroth, Outland, or Argus?
    There's a lot of possibilities... They could invade Azeroth and we fight them there. I think this is the least likely though, since Azeroth was just the setting for Cataclysm. Maybe patch 6.0 we see the Legion invading Azeroth in a world event, kind of like for BC.

Then for 6.1 when the expansion launches, we either go to Outland or Argus.
    Outland could be revamped and new zones could be added. But I really hope we get to take the fight to them on Argus.
    Maybe Outland is revamped but only for 60-70? Or it's the zone from say level 90-92, where you go and push the legion back, then the rest of the leveling takes place on Argus.

Also, since it is the 10th Anniversary, I hope to see remodeling of all the old outdated character models.
    Last edited by Syatek94; 2013-07-11 at 06:27 PM.

Those armor sets look better than anything introduced in game in a while. Ogres should be neutral, muscle for hire, like in Warcraft 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Worgoblin View Post
    The idea i have in my post is that you have two version of a single map. One that shows the Emerald Dream version (ancient untouched version of Azeroth), which is a on-land version of the map. And then you get quests or events or location where the Emerald Dream is unstable/corrupted. There you phase into the underwater version of the same map, but as you would see that area currently in the timeline.
    This gives the best of both worlds.

Quote Originally Posted by Syatek94 View Post
    Absolutely love your work, it's incredible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Serendippity View Post
    Those armor sets look better than anything introduced in game in a while. Ogres should be neutral, muscle for hire, like in Warcraft 3.
    Thanks fellas.

Deleted
    We're done with Outland, we'll be moving along to Argus probably.
    (Just my theory, since it's the legions' own planet ever since Archimonde and Kil'jaeden accepted the offer from Sargeras and Velen declined and fled with his people, which are now know as Draenei which means the Exiled ones in their tongue, to Draenor)

Deleted
    Blizzard will soon register their trademark for the Expansion. Will the name be obvious.. or ambiguous? Can't wait.

10+ Year Old Account
    Could you do some hair styles for the Ogres and facials for males?
    I wouldn't mind seeing some customization in the race to, and how would the classes work out for these two races?
    I know mostly already I want for my Ogres to be, and what about Arrokoa or the bird people classes can be?
    For the Horde!

All I know is that playing a Summoner Mage would bring back so many fond memories of my childhood where I played Final Fantasy Tactics for the PS1 and rolled with the Summoner job. Good times, good times.

What i'm going to type is based on how Blizzard have been conducting their decision these past years concenrning the game.

1-Blizzard like to destroy boundaries in the game each year

ex : Shamans and paladins being playable by each faction , Having less and less Faction restricted game mechanics and objects. This will lead someday to reach faction races. Why would a human wouldnt have a choice to to fight for whatever he believes is right, it's like you're this race than you are for this faction. I think either way we would be able to choose every race to the faction we want , or some races would be choosable by both factions like blood elves or humans or even more extreme having a third faction that will regroup several races.( the bad guys).

2-Combined classes / specs : i do not think that adding more individual specs will help to balance the game this will make it more predictble and repeatable, but imagine just having the possibility to be two classes at the same time ? wouldn't that open more speculatio nto the game itself ?
    Exemple : Some characters in WoW are two clases at same time , Thrall (Shaman + warrior) , Volj'in ( sorcerer + hunter) = Shadow Hunter , Medivh (mage + warlock) = wizard or sorcerer etc....

3- Possible New Races :

1 - Dragons/dragonings ( since the aspect are no more immortal, they should be ivolved with mortal conflict at the same level) they can have like worgens both two aspect (dragon / non dragon) the only difference is that they can be any race they want ( gnomes, humans, blood elves). A perfect tanking race.

2- Vampires ( we already have werewolves) like Bloodqueen and the san'layn and having a background with the Nathrezim that caused their fate, vampires make the perfect casters ( shadow pirests - vampiric embrace) perfect mages and warlocks, rogues and hunters. like racial undead they can feed of blood and get regenration.

3- Ethereals ( my favorite) they acould be the alliance -like goblins race in terms of how they evolve into commerce. They are raffinate and do have some oriental based culture (arab names) and look like mummies.

Next expansion name and theme : though i'm not sure, it coud be either The void, The emerald dream, the burning legion or even rise of the old gods ( old troll empire, stone dwarves, and ancient shit from the shadow).

Bonus : i think the final expansion will be against a group of characters wearing blue and black calling themselves the game masters and the developers. The final boss will be a huge server and it Game master minions that can have abilities lik ( ban,mute,lagging the server and crashing it, mute players and not answering to their tickets )

Deleted
    One of the few expansion ideas I actually like!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zodiark Son View Post
    My prediction for the next expansion is WoW: Deathwings Revenge. Wouldn't that be cool?
    With a picture of Deathwing and a ballon saying "I ran back"
    @Ghostcrawler:Some advice: [My pet issue] is why there were sub losses is one of the weaker arguments players use. Players don't have that data.