Page 21 of 39 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Theupsman View Post
    I don't know where people got the idea what casters should be tanks or blizzard wants to completely redo the specs of classes.
    same reason a short legged with a beer gut panda bear race has a tanking spec which is based on drinks , kegs and some hands and foot work, as if a panda bear tanking ragnaros can really avoid all the fire dmg and ragnaros can really miss hit him and all that while being drunk.

if up untill now our tanking classes had some reason behind the concept, all but 1 used plate , 1 leather could trasform into a giant bear, some needed shields , now days you dont need anything to tank, have a drink , do some empty hand fancy movments and some fancy foot work and your a tank!

just check the cinematic of MOP , the first ever class that can put to shame not one, but two other classes/races, a new way for blizz to show us whos the new GOD mode is...

so why not let locks tank and DKs to raid heal....

My prediction is really detailed, but the short version is the Rise of the Legion (not with arrakoa). Burning Legion, return of Kil'Jaeden empowered. Demon Hunters introduced like Death Knights, Draenei become a major lore race because we will confront the Eredar on Argus. Velen leads the fight against Kil"Jaeden. Possibly a revamped Outland ( with new zones for new levels.

10+ Year Old Account
    If the content of the next expansion includes the return of the Burning Legion and the stellar appearance of Alleria Windrunner, would be a real lack of respect for the Alliance (one more) that the most need today for the Alliance was not satisfied.

I'm referring of course to giving the attention to the High Elves as they deserve, turning them into a playable race at last.

I actually expect Hozen and Jinyu to be new races in the next expansion. We (and they in return) helped us fighting versus the other faction already, so it might be possible that some sticked around and continue to do so.

Hurray for fish-people!

Quote Originally Posted by john duo View Post
    same reason a short legged with a beer gut panda bear race has a tanking spec which is based on drinks , kegs and some hands and foot work, as if a panda bear tanking ragnaros can really avoid all the fire dmg and ragnaros can really miss hit him and all that while being drunk.

if up untill now our tanking classes had some reason behind the concept, all but 1 used plate , 1 leather could trasform into a giant bear, some needed shields , now days you dont need anything to tank, have a drink , do some empty hand fancy movments and some fancy foot work and your a tank!
    Really, it's always been ridiculous that our little plate or fur clad tanks could stand up to massive dragons and fire elementals and the like. Someone quick enough to avoid and drunk enough to ignore damage isn't that far fetched in this world.

But you do make me wonder: shouldn't a brewmaster be vulnerable to fire magic, what with all the flammable fluids he carries on him?

Deleted
    i read all

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Anyways, I wanted to post up the latest tier drawing: I redid Warrior T17. And while it's not technically 'plate' anymore, I thought it would be cool to have as part of the introduction of the fourth spec, Blademaster.

Warrior T17
    Tojara's Decree of Blood
    Seems far two spare to be a WoW warrior set, especially compared to the last version you had. This looks more monkish, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    I would be content with just one Dreadlord being a part of a central story arc.
    I know, that would be pretty awesome. Anyways, the work you did in here is wonderful! The lock and war sets are very cool. The only thing I'm not feeling is the arrakoa as alliance race. don't get me wrong, your presentation and sketches are sweet! but I just don't see them being added. but of course that's just my opinion! cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Durandro View Post
    Because he technically wasn't, originally. He's the final boss in what was a filler raid. The final boss of Burning Crusade was Illidan. Having Kil'jaeden show up was a suprise. So having him as the thematic big bad end boss in the next expansion would have a completely different feel.

Not to mention by that logic the last boss of Wrath of the Lich King is Halion, not the Lich King.
    I don't know why people keep assuming this, it's like they never played BC, or maybe they just not fortunate enough to have raided. Illidan was never the final boss of the Burning Crusade, if you think the final boss comes in the first patch of the expansion, then something is wrong. Illidan was just a poster boy, not the final boss.

Kil'jaeden was not a surprise, he was built up from the initial expansion release, Kil'jaeden was foreshadowed with Kael'thas saying he serves him. He has his general, Doom Lord Kazzak sitting in Hellfire in the Throne of Kil'jaeden. The entire expansion was called Burning Crusade, which is the Burning Legion's crusade across the universe. Sunwell was also always planned. Even a blue said so

Sunwell Plateau was absolutely in development from the start. Black Temple was supposed to be in the game when BC launched. To keep from delaying it any further quite a few things didn't make the launch game that were supposed to, and were then added in major content patches. Sunwell was always on the feature list from before the expansion was released, and was always an intended raid.
    - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...9945?page=4#76

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Meintastic View Post
    World of Warcraft: Forgotten Nightmares
    I don't think I've seen worse ideas. In my whole life. Seriously.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

10+ Year Old Account
    So... about the rest of those tier sets? =P

10+ Year Old Account
    Let the new PTR patch lend your pen-hand creativity!

Quote Originally Posted by Lakrin View Post
    So... about the rest of those tier sets? =P
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Let the new PTR patch lend your pen-hand creativity!
    Been busy. Soon™

Deleted
    Can't predict anything, but it's quite clear it's the Burning Legion. Even Wrathion says it while doing the cloak quest that Burning Legion is coming.

Will probably wait to see all of the T16 sets before I do the rest of mine just so nothing is similar.

Omg if Arakkoa come to the Alliance, I think I might shit my pants (out of excitement).

Been wanting them forever now.

You had me going until "4th spec" was announced. While Summoner seems really cool, it'd have to have a tank or healing role attached. If all classes get a 4th spec, all pures will get a form of Healing or Tanking, near guaranteed.

Warlock, Hunter, and Rogue could all get Tanking, Mages could get Healing. I could also see, in some fucked up way, that Warlocks could get healing too. (e.g., Emerald Drake from Oculus style. Leech life from enemies, channel it to your allies)

Edit: Priest: Domination reminds me of my times with FFXI where not every player brought was solely for the holy trinity (DPS, Tank, or Healer); some are brought as support/buffers to make combat easier for others. Thinking how this would work on bosses without adds would be pretty tricky, but I would love a spec in the game that players off of Mind Control as it's BARELY used now, and used to be widely used like crazy for PvE reasons. (Hell, Naxx 40/25 even had a fight where you were FORCED to bring Priests to MC!)

Could definitely see a 4th spec for Rogue giving ranged weapons. Ranged weps are currently underused, just like Intellect Plate (which could easily be given to Death Knights if they got a new spec).

Monk one doesn't make much sense. While I know Xuen/Tiger = Melee DPS and Niuzao/Ox = Tank, Yu'lon, the dragon, is actually ranged DPS, which is where blizzard dropped the ball. Should Monks get a forth spec, Mistweaver would need to be changed to reflect the right aspect (Chi-Ji), while the new ranged DPS spec would reflect Yu'lon, not Chi-Ji. Other than that, it only makes sense to give Monks a forth spec to reflect all their aspects.

I'd also be curious what you mean by "Summoners have the ability to conjure weapons and armor for their allies". Does that mean we'd be more of a support/semi-DPS role rather than a full DPS role?
    Last edited by Polarthief; 2013-06-14 at 08:13 AM.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Deleted
    I think that next expansion will be with Azshara, N'Zoth and Old God/Titan plot. I think that zones that we'll se are: Zandalar, Zin-Azshari, Nyalotha, some islands that were rised from sea floor, parts of Emerald Dream (in Dawn of Aspects it's written that nightmare is growing) and (this is mainly my wish) part of Azjol-Nerub. I'd like to see some event in Ahn'Qiraj/Uldum and Uldaman during it. Oh, and i think they could add something with dead body of Y'Shaarj under Pandaria. Ending would be some plot twist and 7.0 would be Burning Legion.
    Last edited by mmoc5310eda363; 2013-06-14 at 08:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Archeus9 View Post
    I think that next expansion will be with Azshara, N'Zoth and Old God/Titan plot. I think that zones that we'll se are: Zandalar, Zin-Azshari, Nyalotha, some islands that were rised from sea floor, parts of Emerald Dream (in Dawn of Aspects it's written that nightmare is growing) and (this is mainly my wish) part of Azjol-Nerub. I'd like to see some event in Ahn'Qiraj/Uldum and Uldaman during it. Oh, and i think they could add something with dead body of Y'Shaarj under Pandaria. Ending would be some plot twist and 7.0 would be Burning Legion.
    7.0 is near-confirmed to have Sargeras as the big bad guy, as they wanted him to be the last boss of Level 100.

Granted, they might have enough lore for two TBL expansions.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    New class, two new races, and 11 new specs. That's VERY optimistic.

Dat Warock and Priest concept art . I'd actually be willing to put in the time and energy to raid or pvp on a schedule to obtain those.

Personally I'd like to have the allies get the blue-eyed high elves rather than the arokkora, but who knows, Blizz may want to go check out the backside of Azeroth next xpac.
    "If I didn't have bad luck I'd have no luck at all."