Page 1 of 2
LastLast

War is coming requires Pandaria flying?

I decided to do the 5.3 quest line on an ally alt and cant find a way to get to Lorewalker Cho. Is there no way to get to him without having Pandaria flying? I only have 1 lvl 90 on the alliance that I dont play very often as Im mainly Horde and would rather not spend the gold on it.

Get someone with a passenger mount to fly you up to him?

You can catch a ride on Mishi I believe. She's hanging out at the bottom of the shrine.

If you talk to the dragon (I believe on the lower floor with all the factions) then it should fly you to where Cho is.
    At least, it is for Alliance side. It's been a while since I had to use it.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

You should be able to fly there through his dragon downstairs. You click on the mini red dragon and it'll fly tou to Cho

I tried talking to Mishi and all I get is <Mishi looks at you inquisitively.>

10+ Year Old Account
    I might be wrong, but I think Mishi only takes you as a part of the quest that shows you the lorewalker's place for the first time. If you want to go again there and don't have Pandaren Flying than you'll probably have to ask/pay someone to give you a ride on their passenger mounts.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not unfortunantly, Blizz assumes by this point that you've got the pocket change to drop on Pandaria flying. You make more than that just leveling 85-90.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Honestly, kinda of crappy IMO. I just paid someone to fly me there. Much cheaper than the 2500g for a toon I almost never play, the only reason I even want to do it is because its a limited time event.

15+ Year Old Account
    There is no reason you shouldn't have pandaria flying at this point. There really isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrathonia View Post
    There is no reason you shouldn't have pandaria flying at this point. There really isn't.
    I would tend to agree, but I know a few people personally, and have read about a lot of people on the forums, that don't think the flying cost is worth it, or necessary, on alts in this game called World of Queued Instancecraft.

I remember back in Wrath, every week (every week!) there was at least one poor, begging soul, in the group for the weekly raid quest that would ask for a summon because they didn't have cold weather flying.

If you didn't get 2.5k through levelling, I'm inclined to say it's your own fault. Besides, you'll have that amount earned in a day or two if you do dungeons and dailies.

Quote Originally Posted by Fincher View Post
    What if I told you there are some people around who can't afford Pandaland flying. There are all sorts of People ranging from Millionaires to people who have to ask for a taxi to PvP Vendor as they cannot afford flying.
    Your avatar is enticing.

What if I told you there are some people around who can't afford Pandaland flying. There are all sorts of People ranging from Millionaires to people who have to ask for a taxi to PvP Vendor as they cannot afford flying.
    It's not hard to earn 500g-1000g per day from just dailies and dungeons. 2.5k is absolutely nothing at all these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    It's not hard to earn 500g-1000g per day from just dailies and dungeons. 2.5k is absolutely nothing at all these days.
    do 2,5k on all your 10 alts makes you think again before spending it

If you've levelled that many alts, you really should have the gold to pay it.

And for the record, I have no problem with spending it on my alts, despite my lack of gold.

I do not consider my toons to be rich but I do find it hard to believe how anyone cannot reach that amount of gold when at lvl 90. If they are spending the gold on other items, then it is not an unplayed alt. They are investing gold in that character. Why not flying as well? It is cheap compared to the gear and mounts I have seen on sale in the AH. If it a farming alt, then they don't need flying so why play that char and ask for help in taxi ride?

I have pandaria flying on most of my alts, which are all Horde side. I have 1 lvl 90 ally side that gets almost no play time. I have gold for it but I dont want to spend it on pandaria flying for a toon that I will probably not play again after getting the 5.3 title. The next time I even mess with the toon will probably be 6.0 or later at which point I wont need pandaria flying =P.

I would have given you a ride for free.... you know?

Just did a quick Check on my LV89 Pandamonk alt. With the EXP requirement going down and bonus EXP from Heirlooms and the Daily Quest to stack 50% Bonus EXP I levelled so fast that the total Gold earned is 4,7k. The combined Flying Cost is what, 20k?
    Try 250G for basic flying(expert riding). Then another 2500g for doing it in pandaria. So 2750g.

http://www.wowwiki.com/Riding
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune