Deleted

Ji kun hc talon rake

As a tank, how many stacks should you take?

We are dfoing it 25m heroic, and I am getting 3 stacks which usually kills me.

Quote Originally Posted by Exzib View Post

You're supposed to take 2/2
    My DK
    (retired since januari 2017) solely playing PoE now.

What's your class? In 10m H I can get 5 stacks (Protection Paladin) with no problem (but I always pop my Ardent Defender IF I'm gonna get a 5th stack but it rarely happens).

Deleted
    We are 2 tanking it and we are basicially doing this rotation:
    For guardians:
    yellow down (Me)-purple down(leona)-pruple up(me)-red up(Leona)-blue down(me)-green up(me)

This is making so that the other tank has 3 stacks when I get back, and i have 3 stacks when he gets back.,

Are we tanking it wrong or?

---------- Post added 2013-05-26 at 07:46 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Thyranne View Post
    What's your class? In 10m H I can get 5 stacks (Protection Paladin) with no problem (but I always pop my Ardent Defender IF I'm gonna get a 5th stack but it rarely happens).
    im blood dk.

If 3 kills you take two?

2 is pretty much what the fight is designed around.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    you almost never have to take more than 2. let the tank for the first nest guardian start, taunt after 1 stack, taunt every 2 stacks from that point on. no problem.

Deleted
    Depending on your rotation sometimes a tank needs to take a third. That's what a big CD is for. The fight is extremely predictable, figure out where your 3rd stack comes in and use cooldowns accordingly. Or switch the rotation out a little, perhaps taking 1 at an earlier part of he fight and letting the other tank go to 3. DKs are kinda bad at this but any class should be able to take a 3rd with a strong CD.

---------- Post added 2013-05-26 at 02:59 PM ----------

We are 2 tanking it and we are basicially doing this rotation:
    For guardians:
    yellow down (Me)-purple down(leona)-pruple up(me)-red up(Leona)-blue down(me)-green up(me)
    I have no idea what those colors are, plus there's only 4 guardians on this fight so I dunno how you got 6 in there. If I remember correctly the Guardians are on platforms 2, 4, 8 and 12. In our raid the way our rotations ends up one tanks takes 2 and 8 and the other 4 and 12. The tank with 2 and 12 has to take a 3rd stack early on in the fight.
    Last edited by mmocf1640b68b7; 2013-05-26 at 10:00 PM.

As a DK if you cant build up a shield big enough to live use purgatory/VB as a fake CD and make your healers aware that they will need to spike you back up. Any of these: LoH, Void shift, Surging mist spam with your VB up should be more than enough to rocket you back to full.

Edit: another way you can do this is use glyph for IBF so you will have it available for 1st and 3rd talon rake.
    Last edited by matthias9742; 2013-05-26 at 10:06 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tank 1 starts fight, gets 1 stack, tank 2 taunts, maintain a 2/2/2/2/2/2/2 rotation from there.

It works out such that Tank 1 does guardians from nests 2 and 4, and tank 2 does guardians from nests 8 and 12 (if you don't decide to burn after 8).

I perform the role of tank 2 and I start on the first nest so I can get an early feather as well.

A third stack should not be killing you if cd's are being used (which they should be).

10+ Year Old Account
    OP is talking about 25H, and the correct order for guardian is 2, 6, 12, 17, 22, 31. (they are actually timed different than 10m, it starts with 2, 4 on 10m) On 25m, there is always a guardian every 3 nest activations, and the timing is more regular than 10m.
    17 is the upper nest above 2
    12 is the upper nest above 6
    31 is the upper nest above 22

Whoever is tanking the guardian on nest 2 should be tanking the boss first and getting 2 stacks by delaying the flying to nest. dps assigned for nest 2 should wait for tank to take the 2nd talon rake before going over to nest.

Deleted
    I always eat a 3rd or 4th to cheese vengance, just pop a cooldown for it, optionally avoid doing it with high infected talons stacks :P (10m)
    Last edited by mmoc51f27689b0; 2013-05-27 at 10:40 AM.

Deleted
    Pretty sure most guilds did 2 (progress, not farm)

Deleted
    You raid 25M, eat 3 stacks and ask for externals when you need them. There are plenty of healers around happily willing to aid you.

Deleted
    10m here, 4stacks is not rly a problem as a paladin or monk (my 2 tanks), if you manage your cds and am.

if you are dieing, add a 3rd tank that is solely for guardians. dps should be no issue if nests are dieing and people are getting nutrient, especially with item upgrades.

this lets you be sure to only get 2 each, and adds another soaker for pools

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    We just use 3rd tank on nest duty and swap every 2 Rakes. Keeps the damage low, there's no issues with swapping and the third tank doesn't even need good gear, since add damage is pretty low.

Deleted
    You may also find that it's not actually talon rake killing you but the giant stacking dot you're also carrying from infected talons.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you can cycle CDs and your active mitigation properly, you can take more than 2 or 3. As a prot paladin, I've taken up to 5 with CD/AM Management. Anything over that is quite scary at times. To be on the safe side, swap at 2 stacks.

"I am Rei Shen, prease!!"