Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Why are we so lame in duel or 1v1 fights?

As title says, why are we so lame at duels or 1v1 fights?! Everyone can defeat us, ferals, rets, locks, monks, mages, priests, and pritty much all the classes, ret shreds trought my shield wall like i didnt even pop him, is there any special tacts or it is just the way it is now?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think 1 vs 1 we are comparibly strong...
    Also, PvP balancing, if there is any, is not designed around duel situations.

10+ Year Old Account
    This has been a thing since wow was created Warriors are beasts in pvp if they get support like a healer. Of course skill always plays a part and 1v1 is not something that pvp should be designed around.

Just do a BG with a group with 3 warriors and 2 priests called it the Backalley beatdown squad. This was Cata though not sure whats up with them now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninjaturtle View Post
    This has been a thing since wow was created Warriors are beasts in pvp if they get support like a healer.
    Fun fact 1: This parrot chant was birthed at a time when warriors still gained rage from damage taken and extra damage done when being critted. This is of course no longer true. Unlike in those past days, attacking the warrior these days is very beneficial, as putting high pressure on the warrior means he can't put high pressure on you, a warrior in defensive stance and god forbid using shield wall is less harmful then a kitten.

Fun fact 2: We are no longer in vanilla, stop chanting the old BS, we are not stronger than any other dps who is backed up by a healer.

Fun fact 3: [INSERT ALL SPECS] performs better when backed up by a spec that can CARRy their flaws. Warriors are wheelchair athletes and healers are our ramps.

Deleted
    Fun fact 1: This parrot chant was birthed at a time when warriors still gained rage from damage taken and extra damage done when being critted. This is of course no longer true. Unlike in those past days, attacking the warrior these days is very beneficial, as putting high pressure on the warrior means he can't put high pressure on you, a warrior in defensive stance and god forbid using shield wall is less harmful then a kitten.
    Wouldn't this kinda mean that having a healer is even more important for a warrior? Since it by far increases the amount of pressure that needs to be put out to force him into defensive stance.

Fun fact 2: We are no longer in vanilla, stop chanting the old BS, we are not stronger than any other dps who is backed up by a healer.
    So is your claim that warriors are the weakest dps in the game right now? You don't think that there's any classes who are more/less reliant on a healer?

Fun fact 3: [INSERT ALL SPECS] performs better when backed up by a spec that can CARRy their flaws. Warriors are wheelchair athletes and healers are our ramps.
    Yes, exactly. Warriors have flaws, e.g. easily cc'd and melee, that a healer can compensate. Is it as important for a mage to get dispels/get in range of their target? No, hence a healer is more important for a warrior.

Maybe PVP is not designed around duel situations, but there is no1 who can tell me that you dont like to stand in front of sw or Ogri and duel while you wait for que for dng or arena or bg, or duel just for fun. I used to duel for hours, I remember that Dalaran sewers, thats was a time, dueling for 5 hours with horde and ally, you could win or lose depends on skill, now as warrior, you will be kitted, or cc'ed, or slowed or rooted and you will probably stand 80% of duel in D stance, thats not fun anymore really (( ... Now rets just laugh at my face when they kill me with all my def cool's on, ferals, dks, hunters, mages, locks, spriests, monks, eles, all can defeat you easily. AND ONE MORE IMPORTANT THING IS, THAT ONLY WARRIOR CANT HEAL HIMSELF WHEN HE WANT TO, WE NEED TO WAIT FOR 35% OF OUR HP TO GET PRITTY BAD HEAL ( I dont say that rogues have better heal then us but they can heal whenever they want and keep it up all the time )!!! GIVE US BETTER SURV SPELLS OR GIVE US HEAL LIKE ALL CLASSES HAVE!!!

Deleted
    1v1 is actually very strong right now, maybe I just duel people who are worse than me though. Compared to last patch, we're in a very good position 1v1 wise. Defensive stance + second wind is really strong.

Quote Originally Posted by AcrobaticMegalodon View Post
    1v1 is actually very strong right now, maybe I just duel people who are worse than me though. Compared to last patch, we're in a very good position 1v1 wise. Defensive stance + second wind is really strong.
    You're dueling people that are worse than you.

I curb stomp other players constantly and freaking easily. Then someone comes along who kites me/CC's me/bursts me through me playing pretty much flawlessly (getting reflects on FoJ's or chaos bolts or deep freezes) and he still comes out on top without using a bubble/half his defensive cds/ice block when I've blown everything.

Every spec has a multitude of ways to exploit warriors' weaknesses: which are no anti-cc and ridiculously bad grip. And if the player knows that you don't stand a shadow of a chance. There isn't a single spec in the game that can't completely annihilate a warrior 1v1 if BOTH the warrior and that other spec are playing at or near skill cap.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

PvP balancing is officially around a closed and controlled environment based around 3v3 Arena.
    1v1 is repeatedly ignored.

Some classes are more independent while some have a strong synergy with others.

I think they should remove duels from game, to see how much they meen to players? Imagine that chaos if they remove duels haha. BLIZZARD REMOVE DUELS AND YOU WILL HAVE YOUR SUBS HALVED!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lerdi90 View Post
    I think they should remove duels from game, to see how much they meen to players? Imagine that chaos if they remove duels haha. BLIZZARD REMOVE DUELS AND YOU WILL HAVE YOUR SUBS HALVED!!
    Dude, you seem high.

Removing duels would be pointless tho. It's a highly used mechanism.
    It would be like removing AH.

Yeah.. 1v1 we may suck but we are highly sought after in rbg...as opponents

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Icebear View Post
    Dude, you seem high.

Removing duels would be pointless tho. It's a highly used mechanism.
    It would be like removing AH.
    I think that was his point =)

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Don't base it on duels. PVE Gear is better in the world, so you could be facing someone with say, SPA Assault Trinket and Heroic Thunderforged Axe from Lei Shen. Also, Rets like to use cooldowns. 1 vs 1 they hurt, a lot. We're better than 5.2, where a Rogue could kill me in cheap shot or get me into that dire a situation I needed to be extremely defensive before I could even pressure him and would still often end up dead.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

As always, one must take into consideration that they need to learn to play.

Warriors are very strong one-on-one right now, and IMO will continue to be while they have Second Wind.

15+ Year Old Account
    Outside ORG sending your children down the mines.
    Use everything in your toolkit and you can stand a very good chance against most players. However, the prospect of kiting a warrior is still oh so real, even for melees nowadays...

Deleted
    Rets are indeed super scary right now, the rather small 15% buff feels more like a 50% buff ... but that's about it. The real problem has already been pointed out, give us dispel/blessing of freedom and we can still go ham.

Ps: in duels pve heroes can eat you alive, make sure that you only face equally geared players or you'll eat dirt unless your foe is really bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Meralux View Post
    I think that was his point =)
    Yep that was my point

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AcrobaticMegalodon View Post
    You are correct. You're dueling noobs.

Quote Originally Posted by klausistklaus View Post
    Rets are indeed super scary right now, the rather small 15% buff feels more like a 50% buff ... but that's about it. The real problem has already been pointed out, give us dispel/blessing of freedom and we can still go ham.

Ps: in duels pve heroes can eat you alive, make sure that you only face equally geared players or you'll eat dirt unless your foe is really bad.
    I always face equally geared players but what is point when ret can kite you and outheal your dps, heeeeey, they sometimes outheal pure healing classes in arenas and bgs, rets boomkins, spriests, i dont even want to say anything about locks healing!