1. #1
    Scarab Lord Gimlix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    The Netherlands!
    Posts
    4,558

    Chinese World of Warcraft Website, Commercials etc..

    So i was looking at the Chinese WoW website because i was interesting how it looked like, i thought it was the same outside the language, then i found this.
    http://www.battlenet.com.cn/features/zh/wow/hva/

    I don't know what this is, but it looks really awesome o.o
    And i looked at the video clip that was inside the page, and it looks like China has 2 WoW commercials about mists of pandaria that we never had.

    Any idea what this page is?
    » Active MMO-Champion visitor since: 12-12-2012 «
    » Predict Warlords of Draenor to sell 3 Million copies at first day «
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodkin View Post
    no king rules forever, but WoW is a stubborn bastard.

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    So i was looking at the Chinese WoW website because i was interesting how it looked like, i thought it was the same outside the language, then i found this.
    http://www.battlenet.com.cn/features/zh/wow/hva/

    I don't know what this is, but it looks really awesome o.o
    And i looked at the video clip that was inside the page, and it looks like China has 2 WoW commercials about mists of pandaria that we never had.

    Any idea what this page is?
    I don't think they are about mists, as much as generic adverts for the game itself. A lot of the cutscenes used looked old, as in cata deathwing, and the belf is from BC IIRC

  3. #3
    Scarab Lord Gimlix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    The Netherlands!
    Posts
    4,558
    Quote Originally Posted by Maelle View Post
    I don't think they are about mists, as much as generic adverts for the game itself. A lot of the cutscenes used looked old, as in cata deathwing, and the belf is from BC IIRC
    Commercial clearly has MoP video fragments, and the site has MoP logo?
    » Active MMO-Champion visitor since: 12-12-2012 «
    » Predict Warlords of Draenor to sell 3 Million copies at first day «
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodkin View Post
    no king rules forever, but WoW is a stubborn bastard.

  4. #4
    The Patient Leefa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Lurking outside your window
    Posts
    295
    Looks like the video has one alliance and one horde clip, could be some A vs. H website / competition or whatever with the upcoming 5.4 raid on orgrimmar.
    Tank dies = Maybe healer's fault
    Healer dies = Tank's fault
    DPS dies = Their own bloody fault

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Commercial clearly has MoP video fragments, and the site has MoP logo?
    yes, it has fragments from MoP, but also from other expansions... the main site for EU also has MoP logo at the top, but the site as a whole does not only pertain to MoP content ^^

    They are interesting adverts though with the live action bits, even if I have not a clue what they are saying.

  6. #6
    Legendary! Raiju's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    6,715
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Commercial clearly has MoP video fragments, and the site has MoP logo?
    They're generic adverts made from segments of each trailer + some chinese actors on top.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

  7. #7
    Pit Lord Mifuyne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Gardens of Gensokyo
    Posts
    2,394
    Whilst looking at the video, I imaginary facepalmed and felt bad for being a WoW player.
    Seriously..what kind of a commercial is that?
    If you use live-action, atleast let the people do more then just "run around" and yell crap.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...fuyne/advanced
    http://www.twitch.tv/mifuyne , livestreaming LoL/WoW/Skyrim/BF4
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    "police! These people have anime avatars on a forum and theyre discussing laws!"

  8. #8
    wow..nice find..too bad we don't have such things..I don't know but USA and EU is kinda left on the side with this kind of stuff


    One of the store links found on battle.net http://bmall.163.com/ why can't we buy !!
    Last edited by Emisary; 2013-05-26 at 08:31 PM.

  9. #9
    Why does their site look so much more badass than ours. I mean, look at that Horde vs Alliance art at the top of the page. So cool....

  10. #10
    I am Murloc! Shampro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Crucible
    Posts
    5,577
    heh I like the part where Garrosh is Shouting ''orders?'' at the dude.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewor View Post
    Gamers 10 years ago: Shitty WoW comments on Thottbot.
    Gamers today: Shitty WoW comments everywhere else but Thottbot.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •