Thread: AMZ buff in 5.4

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Italiandk View Post
    This, please.

I'd like also that our blood worms would put a shield on raid members instead of overhealing them so much.
    With how much raw healing the Blood Worms are even currently capable of doing, they'd need to tone them down a lot, but that doesn't sound like too bad an idea.
    Vereesa formerly of Paragon and Depraved
    WCL

I'd like it to be placed on the caster and move with you, just like Ring of Peace.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Murdos View Post
    I'm hoping it's just a magic-based Power Word: Barrier, or Smoke Bomb.

Flat, Percentile damage reduction in a bubble. That's all I want.
    I disagree, if they're going to change AMZ they should reduce the cooldown and make it baseline so you're not sacrificing talents for it. The actual way it works is great for certain types of raid damage, changing it to a flat %damage reduction removes that niche, the only way that would be a buff is if it worked as it does now (absorbing the first X amount of damage) and then persisting as a damage reduction bubble once that limit was reached; having said that I'd still rather the cooldown just be lowered if it were a choice between the two...

It's great for the rare, AOE one-shot bursts, like Iron Qon. Other then those specific instances, or any point the raid spreads out, it's garbage.

I'd rather it be useful, then special.
    Zombie Vampire Werewolf

Blood worms are actually pretty decent against constant raid damage......

The problem is that they are almost always out of range on bosses with larger hit boxes and fail to heal anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Nillo View Post
    Blood worms are actually pretty decent against constant raid damage......

The problem is that they are almost always out of range on bosses with larger hit boxes and fail to heal anything.
    Please do show me an example of Blood Worms actually doing any form of 'decent raid healing'. Yes, they're capable of healing for ridiculous amounts, but due to their randomness never do.
    WCL

Quote Originally Posted by Vereesà View Post
    Please do show me an example of Blood Worms actually doing any form of 'decent raid healing'. Yes, they're capable of healing for ridiculous amounts, but due to their randomness never do.
    I think 15k effective hps is fairly decent.
    Yes it's random but it's something and... well their main issue is constantly being out of range on bosses like horridon,megaera,tortos,....

Quote Originally Posted by Nillo View Post
    I think 15k effective hps is fairly decent.
    Yes it's random but it's something and... well their main issue is constantly being out of range on bosses like horridon,megaera,tortos,....
    You mean, nearly all the bosses with appreciable raid damage? Damn.

Only time I've noticed the Bloodworms is Solo, they make killing Warbringers total cake.
    Zombie Vampire Werewolf

Quote Originally Posted by Murdos View Post
    You mean, nearly all the bosses with appreciable raid damage? Damn.

Only time I've noticed the Bloodworms is Solo, they make killing Warbringers total cake.
    Well they do work on twins, council , qon with all of them having constant raid damage.

Whatever just trying to say if they'd increase the heal range or fix their ai they might actually be useful.

I think the issue is they're programmed like a melee mob. I think they should turn the blood siphon attack into an actual spell, and have them programmed more like a Doomguard, so they'd stand in the party more. That wouldn't be a perfect fix, as they'd basically 'stick' wherever they spawned, which could be good or bad, but it might make their healing appreciable in more situations.

They definitely just need a full overhaul.
    Zombie Vampire Werewolf

Good thing they're addressing Blood DK raid utility by modifying a talent all DKs have access to, like, you know, the several DPS DKs you have in your raid (25's). Because it's not like they can't pick it up or anything. So now you can make a DPS DK take it to cover AMZ, and then take the tank you were originally going to take in the first place because of its utility relative to a Blood DK. Hence, square one again.
    "I have it all simmed."
    Euliat

Well it may help in 10m.
    But then I'm still not sure about passing up on Purgatory for it !:

You know they wont turn AMZ into a PW:B for magic, it would then be too powerful of a cooldown to ignore and then every dk would automatically switch to that talent and the others in that tier will become obsolete, back to square 1..

Not to mention, if AMZ was a percentile reduction for magic dmg, get a couple dk's in your raid and you can effectively negate a lot of powerful boss abilities. It becomes even more of a powerhouse raidwall in 25m settings.

All I'm saying is, don't get your hopes up, best you will see is a buff to it's absorb cap. Definitely wont be turned into another raidwall.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Please make it last longer than half a second on Jin'Rohk type encounters.

They did say (somewhere in the interview) that another pass for talents is coming up, which does sound like they would probably make AMZ baseline.
    WCL

They did say (somewhere in the interview) that another pass for talents is coming up, which does sound like they would probably make AMZ baseline.
    That would be sick, i would like to see a new talent!

Quote Originally Posted by Vakna View Post
    You know they wont turn AMZ into a PW:B for magic, it would then be too powerful of a cooldown to ignore and then every dk would automatically switch to that talent and the others in that tier will become obsolete, back to square 1..

All I'm saying is, don't get your hopes up, best you will see is a buff to it's absorb cap. Definitely wont be turned into another raidwall.
    I wouldn't say that out loud.. Did you forget Devotion Aura? That is basically a "magic bubble".. just without The need to stay stacked, thus compensating for its reduced nummer of uses.

Personally I would like to see blood worms being able to be manually triggered, you know Resto Druid Shroom style.. Make a cap of maybe 3 worms and have a spell with charges you can click whenever you want.. Maybe add a limit to the lifespan of them, thus forcing you to use them before that.. If you don't manually trigger The explosion they will simply heal for the highest possible amount, which is probably just overhealing, sine you didn't want to trigger Them anyway..
    Last edited by Yirman; 2013-05-28 at 02:26 PM.

Deleted
    As long as it doesn't become a blood-only talent. Us DPS have bugger all raid utility as it is, even rogues have smoke bomb now, it's like an AOE icebound fortitude.

Hell, make IBF an AOE! :-D

I think dks should get a raid-wide bone shield type skill. Summon up the bones of your enemies to reduce damage by x% for y seconds. give everyone a bone shield animation.

"Anti-Magic Zone Level 90
    30 yd range
    Instant 2 min cooldown
    Requires Death Knight
    Requires level 57
    Places a large, stationary Anti-Magic Zone that reduces spell damage done to party or raid members inside it by 20%. The Anti-Magic Zone lasts for 10 sec."

This would be nice.